Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2008, 11:36 AM

26,220 posts, read 49,066,237 times

Advertisements

He needs his suppliers back. Exile in Crawford, or bumsquat, is going to be a very lonely place without his chemical crutches.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2008, 11:41 AM

3,645 posts, read 4,927,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
He needs his suppliers back. Exile in Crawford, or bumsquat, is going to be a very lonely place without his chemical crutches.
I agree!!

Old 12-24-2008, 11:41 AM

169 posts, read 562,172 times
That is what I think too! Pretty sad.

Old 12-24-2008, 11:49 AM

6,022 posts, read 7,832,259 times
Political pardons bother me the most, because these are people who practice law etc

Old 12-24-2008, 11:49 AM

1,999 posts, read 4,997,686 times
Bush has many connections in South America. They own a huge compound in Paraguay.

Old 12-24-2008, 12:40 PM

5,758 posts, read 11,640,475 times
This may not be directly related to these pardons, but remember that the drug trade is an industry. Believe me, enforcement agencies and distributors both use and require one another for their own reasons. If the director of the DEA could press a magical button that would eliminate the drug trade entirely, do you really think he'd do it? Would he voluntarily put himself and his agents and his connections out of business?

In the same way, the last thing drug cartels want is legalization, since most of their money comes from the "risk premium" they undertake bringing the product to market.

In this case, one hand does indeed know what the other is doing...

Old 12-24-2008, 01:16 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,788,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southern no more View Post
I think individual users should not be treated as "criminals" because they obviously have an addiction they can't control and I am not speaking of marijuana users either. I mean hard core drugs. But, Bush released a meth dealer as well as others that I can't remember at the moment. I heard about the meth dealer this morning that is why it is fresh on my mind. This is inexcusable and just furthers the proof of how corrupt our govt is!!!
New member... wish you would have posted your link reference that you've based your conclusion on. Meth dealers unleashed after economic chaos? What's this plan about I wonder?

Perhaps Obama could relocate these folks to Bush family neighborhood? Just a thought.

Old 12-24-2008, 01:19 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,788,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tablemtn View Post
This may not be directly related to these pardons, but remember that the drug trade is an industry. Believe me, enforcement agencies and distributors both use and require one another for their own reasons. If the director of the DEA could press a magical button that would eliminate the drug trade entirely, do you really think he'd do it? Would he voluntarily put himself and his agents and his connections out of business?

In the same way, the last thing drug cartels want is legalization, since most of their money comes from the "risk premium" they undertake bringing the product to market.

In this case, one hand does indeed know what the other is doing...
I believe Bob Barr could explain why he dropped his 'war on drugs' convincingly if he had an audience. I don't like him all that much but at least he does have a self correction mechanism left. The more credible arguments come from people who have stood on the battlefield directly IMO.

Old 12-24-2008, 01:35 PM

1,598 posts, read 1,937,268 times
Perhaps he's trying to fix some of the injustices caused by our moronic Manditory Minimum policies that have resulted in the prison population explosion.

IMO, if you are a low level dealer you deserve some time but 10, 20, 50 years is absurd. Especially when human scum like Lindsay Lohan, Andy Ried's son (Eagles Coach) and Noelle Bush get repeatedly get caught with drugs and get a slap on the wrist due to their ability to hire a quality lawyer and their connections.

Old 12-24-2008, 03:19 PM

169 posts, read 562,172 times
Bush pardons 19, commutes sentence of meth dealer - CNN.com Harborlady, here is the link. It was on CNN this morning. The dealer has put in 12 years so Bush ordered him released as of Feb. There is an abbreviated list on the site of his pardons, but there are more and many are drug related. Interesting, but not surprising.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies