Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2008, 12:52 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,856,573 times

Advertisements

Everybody looking for scapegoats as usual. Thathas been a human problem forever ;when all you have to do is look in the mriorrr for who causes you problems in life.A big difference in successful and unsuccessful people in thsi worldbecause you can never correect what you don't acknowledge as a mistake you made.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2008, 01:18 PM

6,022 posts, read 7,829,350 times
yes, isnt it ironic that when these entertainers speak out against them for valid and even invalid reason then next thing ya know they all apologize crying and *****

and the fact is they arent american first they're isreal first

Old 12-30-2008, 01:43 PM

30,358 posts, read 51,950,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by city414 View Post
yes, isnt it ironic that when these entertainers speak out against them for valid and even invalid reason then next thing ya know they all apologize crying and *****

and the fact is they arent american first they're isreal first
Huh?? First of all, it's spelled ISRAEL - sorry, but that is a pet-peeve of mine, which I see way too often on here. And what gives you the idea that anyone is "Israel first" in Hollywood? Guess you're one of those people who just buys into the stereotypes, even when we (the Jews) are trying to openly discuss the issues.

Old 12-30-2008, 01:57 PM

4,426 posts, read 5,919,023 times
what is the deal with people hating jews? I doubt that it's some jewish conspiracy... and even if hollywood is shaped and controlled mostly by jews? big friggin deal? I would venture to say that there are many jews in hollywood because like every industry and company.. it's not what you know.. it's who you know.. how many of you have gotten every job or opportunity come your way on your own merrit?? not very many of you... someone gives you a break, or you're a friend of a friend who has a job for you, etc etc...I grew up mormon and I can't count how many BREAKS and OPPORTUNITIES are given by prominent members of their church to other members.. I don't consider it any different than that. Churches, clubs, party's etc are all ways of networking... It doesn't surprise me... I'm not saying that it's right or wrong.. all I'm saying is that its an example of what happens all the time in our so called "free market" society... to somehow make a fuss because it's involving jews is a bit misleading and intolerant...
Not so much back east, but in almost every fertile valley out west which harbors strong agriculture.. you'll find a prominent mormon with his hands in everything.. and extending opportunities and jobs to other mormons...
To assume that it's some jewish conspiracy is a bit ignorant and wreaks of fear mongering

Old 12-30-2008, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boiseguy View Post
what is the deal with people hating jews? I doubt that it's some jewish conspiracy... and even if hollywood is shaped and controlled mostly by jews? big friggin deal? I would venture to say that there are many jews in hollywood because like every industry and company.. it's not what you know.. it's who you know.. how many of you have gotten every job or opportunity come your way on your own merrit?? not very many of you... someone gives you a break, or you're a friend of a friend who has a job for you, etc etc...I grew up mormon and I can't count how many BREAKS and OPPORTUNITIES are given by prominent members of their church to other members.. I don't consider it any different than that. Churches, clubs, party's etc are all ways of networking... It doesn't surprise me... I'm not saying that it's right or wrong.. all I'm saying is that its an example of what happens all the time in our so called "free market" society... to somehow make a fuss because it's involving jews is a bit misleading and intolerant...
Not so much back east, but in almost every fertile valley out west which harbors strong agriculture.. you'll find a prominent mormon with his hands in everything.. and extending opportunities and jobs to other mormons...
To assume that it's some jewish conspiracy is a bit ignorant and wreaks of fear mongering

whats with hating arabs or muslims, you can speak out against any arab country or the muslim religion but when you speak against isreal or zionism you will be on the news for anti semitism(hi jacked european term for jews)

whats up with that

Old 12-30-2008, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Huh?? First of all, it's spelled ISRAEL - sorry, but that is a pet-peeve of mine, which I see way too often on here. And what gives you the idea that anyone is "Israel first" in Hollywood? Guess you're one of those people who just buys into the stereotypes, even when we (the Jews) are trying to openly discuss the issues.
well not all jews in america are created equal and most do in fact have a commonality is no ties to the middle east but europe

Old 12-30-2008, 02:25 PM

2,600 posts, read 2,324,754 times
If this is true, they must be appalled by mel gibson? why didn't they crucify him? like they did jesus?
Quote:
Originally Posted by OC Investor2 View Post
Joel Stein in the LA Times flips this old cannard on its head.

"I have never been so upset by a poll in my life. Only 22% of Americans now believe "the movie and television industries are pretty much run by Jews," down from nearly 50% in 1964. The Anti-Defamation League, which released the poll results last month, sees in these numbers a victory against stereotyping. Actually, it just shows how dumb America has gotten. Jews totally run Hollywood.

How deeply Jewish is Hollywood? When the studio chiefs took out a full-page ad in the Los Angeles Times a few weeks ago to demand that the Screen Actors Guild settle its contract, the open letter was signed by: News Corp. President Peter Chernin (Jewish), Paramount Pictures Chairman Brad Grey (Jewish), Walt Disney Co. Chief Executive Robert Iger (Jewish), Sony Pictures Chairman Michael Lynton (surprise, Dutch Jew), Warner Bros. Chairman Barry Meyer (Jewish), CBS Corp. Chief Executive Leslie Moonves (so Jewish his great uncle was the first prime minister of Israel), MGM Chairman Harry Sloan (Jewish) and NBC Universal Chief Executive Jeff Zucker (mega-Jewish). If either of the Weinstein brothers had signed, this group would have not only the power to shut down all film production but to form a minyan with enough Fiji water on hand to fill a mikvah"

http://www.latimes.com/news/opinion/commentary/la-oe-stein19-2008dec19,0,4676183.column

Another thread here asks why Jewish success is under-reported. Why are people afraid to admit that most of the entertainment business is lead by executives of Jewish descent or of the Jewish Faith? Is it a bad thing that the Entertainment industry is run by Jews? Why not acknowledge the truth?

Discuss!!

Old 12-30-2008, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by highdesertmutz View Post
If this is true, they must be appalled by mel gibson? why didn't they crucify him? like they did jesus?

WHICH BRINGS ME TO MY NEXT QUESTION: why are christian americans angry at muslims but not angry at jews?

Old 12-30-2008, 03:04 PM

2,654 posts, read 5,466,086 times
Quote:
WHICH BRINGS ME TO MY NEXT QUESTION: why are christian americans angry at muslims but not angry at jews?
Because jews fly airplanes to airports not into the sides of office buildings?

Old 12-30-2008, 03:32 PM

2,521 posts, read 2,349,669 times
Quote:
whats with hating arabs or muslims, you can speak out against any arab country or the muslim religion but when you speak against isreal or zionism you will be on the news for anti semitism(hi jacked european term for jews)

whats up with that
Nobody said hating arabs was right either...it's just more socially acceptable. I once punched a guy and broke his nose because he called a Jordanian friend of mine "Osama"...funny because my friend was born in Houston and was Christian, but was of Jordanian descent and lived in Jordan and spoke with an arab accent.

All racism is wrong, no matter who the recipient is. I was raised to hate Germans (for what they did to Europe and the Jews), but learned later in life that Germany is an awesome place and German people are among the friendliest in Europe.

I stereotype like everyone else: white people can't jump, old people are bad drivers, so are Bush '04 voters, so is anyone in a Prius, guys with long hair and Bob Marley stickers on their cars smoke weed, so do girls who surf. I just don't do it with hate...well, unless those idiots are in front of me on the road!

Personally I believe in the "Bulworth" theory of peace. If everyone just f-ed everyone else, there wouldn't be any more races to hate. That and the abolotion of religion would eliminate almost all reasons for hatred other than jealousy, greed or fear of the unknown.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies