Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is the News Media: Pro-Hamas, Pro-Israel or Fairly Reporting The News
Pro-Hamas 75 35.21%
Pro-Israel 98 46.01%
Fairly Reporting The News 21 9.86%
Other 8 3.76%
Not Sure 11 5.16%
Voters: 213. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2009, 11:13 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,138,196 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiluv View Post
True, and also they didn't apply their own rule to Hitler himself... but then, your point is?
My point being that you would have been murdered for being a 'Jew'------never mind that you do not self identify as such.

As for Hitler himself: well the Nazis were screamin' hypocrites anyway.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2009, 11:27 AM

773 posts, read 1,215,434 times
Iran, a nation shaped like the chessboard of the game they invented is perhaps trying a gambit with this aid mission.
The Iranian government is aware that the Husni Mubarek's three decade long Egyptian regime is coming to an end. The Muslim brotherhood in Egypt have been gaining support in part due to their pressure to open the borders between Gaza and Egypt for trade and aid.
In case the very real possibility that the unpopular military regime in Egypt collapses, this opens a fork in chess terms against Israel, between Hezbollah in Lebanon and the Muslim brotherhood in Egypt.
Here's a link with more detail regarding the Iranian and Egyptian connection.
Iran, Gaza Operation and Targeting Egypt - Instablogs (http://liberator.instablogs.com/entry/iran-gaza-operation-and-targeting-egypt/ - broken link)
The question we are faced with is.
Why now Iran's bravado?
I'm beginning to suspect that Russia may have sold the s-300 missile system already.
DEBKAfile - US: Russia's S-300 missile sale to Iran marks Israel's decision point

This story is potentially huge folks, remember most international wars have been started over tiny pieces of land and Gaza is only 360 square kilometers.
In World war 1 it was bosnia. In World war 2 it was Gdansk.
We could see this go international if Iran delivers its threat to blockade or mine the Persian Gulf area, this will certainly draw, Russian, Indian, and Russian naval fleets into the region.
Remember China and India have already increased patrols in the region under the guise of pirate hunting.
For now we watch this unfold!

Old 01-04-2009, 11:36 AM

3,712 posts, read 6,478,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiluv View Post
My parents took all of my 5 brothers to live in Jerusalem in the 50's for 6 years. Back then everyone lived in a peaceful coexistance with one another -no friction, no animosity-, that made a great impression in my family for years to come.

However, as a family, we didn't believe such conflict going on! only until we decide to get both parts of the story and think critically for ourselves... nowdays we conden the crimes against our fellow humans, whatever nationality or religious beliefs they might uphold.
You have yet to post one word condemning the actions of Hamas.

Old 01-04-2009, 11:38 AM

3,712 posts, read 6,478,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
A musket at close range is still as effective as a 9MM. If someone shoots at me with a muzzle loader: I sure as hell am not going to reply with 'equal force'--------I will use any firearm at my disposal up to and including a 50 cal machine gun to take down my adversary.
I agree. The dead Israeli is equally dead whether he/she is killed by an antiquated rocket or the latest model.

Old 01-04-2009, 11:41 AM

4,410 posts, read 6,139,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
Now we hear all the moaning for a cease fire. This country and that country demand a cease fire. Funny that I don't recall any cease fire being called for so loud when Hamas was firing sometimes 100 rockets a day into Israel trying to kill innocent people.
Israel should NOT stop and NOT agree to anything until after they go into Gaza and kill every single member of Hamas they can and remove Hamas from power and install Fatah in power. Only then can a cease fire be agreed to. Only then will a lasting peace be possible.
Your definition of lasting peace proves you know nothing about it. You want to kill everyone you don't like. You want to undermine democratic elections to install a regime you approve of. Yeah, that's peaceful. Enjoy the next hundred years of bombs and bloodshed. Does Hallmark have a card for this?

Old 01-04-2009, 11:43 AM

31,683 posts, read 41,045,989 times
Quote:
Now we hear all the moaning for a cease fire. This country and that country demand a cease fire. Funny that I don't recall any cease fire being called for so loud when Hamas was firing sometimes 100 rockets a day into Israel trying to kill innocent people.
Israel should NOT stop and NOT agree to anything until after they go into Gaza and kill every single member of Hamas they can and remove Hamas from power and install Fatah in power. Only then can a cease fire be agreed to. Only then will a lasting peace be possible.
Thats not how Democracy works and we have preached Democracy and Hamas won. Stoping their violence is legitimate, regime change is Bushish.

Old 01-04-2009, 11:45 AM

31,683 posts, read 41,045,989 times
Quote:
No they don't. They have to expell Hamas and make it clear to the Pals that, "if you keep electing people like this to represent you, you are going to keep getting your kids killed and your homes destroyed" and then the USA, Egypt and Saudis can step in and say "if you elect a government that is resposnsible and wants peace, we will rebuild Gaza and provide you with aid for your people, hospitals and schools. Hell, we might even throw in free internet service! But we cannot do anything with Hamas there. They have to go.
Wow so George Bush sounding. If you practice Democracy as we tell you and elect who we approve we will let you survive. Hmmmmm does that mean the United States is in trouble because we elected Obama against the wishes of many?

Old 01-04-2009, 11:46 AM

16,259 posts, read 24,766,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
Thats not how Democracy works and we have preached Democracy and Hamas won. Stoping their violence is legitimate, regime change is Bushish.
If we had just simply "stopped the violence" of Hitler and Hero Hito, we would still be fighting Germany today. You cannot simply tell people that are violent by nature not to be violent anymore. You have to remove them from power and access to weapons- or simply kill them.

Old 01-04-2009, 11:46 AM

2,159 posts, read 2,583,692 times
Quote:
You know as well as I do that every time an Islamic terrorist group starts getting their arses whooped, they call for a cease fire.. what cowardly pansies..

Israel will not be able to wipe-out Hamas (wish they could) - but they need to find the stores of rockets and destroy them, and put even tighter controls over what goes in/out of Gaza, and continue to destroy the tunnel system near Egypt to keep them out...

Israel could kill every single Palestinian any time they wanted - but they DON'T...

If Hamas could destroy Israel - it WOULD.

Old 01-04-2009, 11:47 AM

31,387 posts, read 37,054,795 times
I guess this means that Israel is never going to stop, because Hamas isn't going anywhere.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies