Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is the News Media: Pro-Hamas, Pro-Israel or Fairly Reporting The News
Pro-Hamas 75 35.21%
Pro-Israel 98 46.01%
Fairly Reporting The News 21 9.86%
Other 8 3.76%
Not Sure 11 5.16%
Voters: 213. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2009, 02:57 PM

8,652 posts, read 17,246,178 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
I'm not sure I understand the context of you post. Are you saying that I'm a potential Hamas infiltrator or are you alluding to other posts? Anyway, this conflict is going to end one of two ways. All out Arab/Israeli war or with Hamas and the other Jihadist groups demanding more from Israel and offering to stop the attacks if the demands are met. Been there before on BOTH counts. Neither one settled a thing. There ain't a thing ANYONE can do to stop the killing over there. Let them duke it out and we will recognize the winner.
To the new posters here with 1 to 5 post made.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2009, 02:58 PM

19,198 posts, read 31,485,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charmed4life View Post
Palestinans: there is 914+ not to mention the injured and those people they still didnt find.
You have newer data. I wonder if the Israeli numbers have changed also.

Quote:
i do wish Hitler was still alive to show the jewsh their rightful place
I certainly do not. The task is one for honorable men and women. Just now, however, we are finding it a difficult task to locate any of those outside the hundreds of thousands around the world who have taken to the streets in protest.

Old 01-12-2009, 03:03 PM

6 posts, read 6,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston3 View Post
When I read something like this that one of your supporters said it makes what you say hard to believe.

"[FONT=Times New Roman]i do wish Hitler was still alive to show the jewsh their rightful place[/FONT]"
im not sayin i want the israeli to die im just saying that they should stop try to take a land thats is not theirs.. how would you like it if someone came to your country killed your people and want u to leave your homes and give them your land and tell them take it without buttin on a fight.. i say so fight.. we are not the once who started the war they did they came to our homes and killed the women and children

Old 01-12-2009, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saganista View Post
Yes. Is that your excuse? The number of Israeli minors killed by Palestinians via suicide bombings and all other means between September 29, 2000 and November 30, 2008 was 39. The number of Palestinian minors killed by Israeli security forces over that same time period was 952. The ratio is 24-to-1.
Look, I am not making excuses to you or anyone for what Hamas started. Israel has said "Stop firing your rockets into Israel and we will stop firing back" If I was getting my ass wiped like Hamas is I'd damn sure stop.

And stop acting like 39 lives mean nothing!
That way of thinking is what is wrong with the whole Middle East!

I believe in make love not war, but I will hit back if hit first.

Old 01-12-2009, 03:08 PM

5,407 posts, read 7,796,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redisca View Post
Well, yeah. That's because Israel is a democratic country with a broad freedom of speech and tolerance for crazies.

Here is an interesting fact: refraining from rape is an army-wide phenomenon, but the "scholar" here interviewed all of 25 non-rapists to draw her conclusions. Forgive me if I don't reject out of hand the possibility that she cherry-picked her subjects.

Jewish women and other "subhumans", such as Slavs and Gypsies were raped by the Nazis -- copiously. The "race mixing" thing was avoided by sterilizing the women and/or killing them soon after rape. Not quite what is happening to the Palestinian women, is it? Just do me a favor -- don't chide me for "playing the Hitler card" -- you brought up the Holocaust first.

You are right, the Palestinian women don't know how lucky they really are to have such a noble race blowing their neighborhoods and families up consistently and repetitively in an operation that has now gotten completely out of control.

I have no problem with anyone playing the "Hitler" card, I have family that helped put an end to him (you're welcome).

So long as people playing the card do not attempt to use it 60 years later as some perverted justification for the current murdering that is now taking place at the hands of the Holocaust victims' offspring.

Old 01-12-2009, 03:18 PM

Quote:
im not sayin i want the israeli to die im just saying that they should stop try to take a land thats is not theirs.. how would you like it if someone came to your country killed your people and want u to leave your homes and give them your land and tell them take it without buttin on a fight.. i say so fight.. we are not the once who started the war they did they came to our homes and killed the women and children
You can't come in here and say do to them as Hilter would have and turn around and call yourself a child of peace! The Jews lived in Germany and Europe, it was their home and Hilter did not want them there, sounds a lot like the Middle East of today. And if I remember correct Hilter had a lot of support from your part of the world during WWII.

Old 01-12-2009, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewToCA View Post
To date, over 7,000 Kassams have been fired, plus a few dozen factory made rockets and over a thousand mortar shells. For every 30-40 Kassams or mortar shells fired, an Israeli is killed or wounded.
Yes...24 killed and 620 wounded. In eight years.

Old 01-12-2009, 03:22 PM

Quote:
It doesn't mater if if was 1 or 24, shoot at me and had you better have big guns because I will come back with everything I have and that is just what Israel did.
And you would spend a decade or two in prison for your crime. Who judges Israel for theirs?

Old 01-12-2009, 03:23 PM

14,044 posts, read 27,227,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saganista View Post
Yes...24 killed and 620 wounded. In eight years.
And you believe that Israel should just continue to take this? Did you post in objection to the continuing rocket attacks too?

Old 01-12-2009, 03:26 PM

Quote:
They have bigger guns, didn't anyone ever teach you not to bring a knife to a gun fight!
Should I take it you go fishing with dynamite, Mr. Sportsman? Your willingness to trivialize the situation puts you in no good light whatsoever...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies