Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is the News Media: Pro-Hamas, Pro-Israel or Fairly Reporting The News
Pro-Hamas 75 35.21%
Pro-Israel 98 46.01%
Fairly Reporting The News 21 9.86%
Other 8 3.76%
Not Sure 11 5.16%
Voters: 213. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2009, 03:55 PM

8,652 posts, read 17,243,102 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DODO2009 View Post

where is hamas here??

what is it that bothers you because its the truth isnt it?? if you have a guilty concionce then that a deferent story
I can find lots of pictures on Google of Hamas hiding behind women and children that are not cropped or photoshopped. Keep trying, I'm sure you can do better!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2009, 03:58 PM

7,359 posts, read 10,279,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bily4 View Post
Well gee. From your article it sounds like there is definitely a political agenda behind the Israeli soldiers' "restraint". This research was conducted and recommended by Jewish scholars, so I guess we don't have to worry about a slanted Palstine bias? The paper was published by the Hebrew University's Shaine Center, based on the recommendation of a Hebrew University professors' committee headed by Dr. Zali Gurevitch.

So the Israelis want to be careful about rape not because it is in and of itself a "bad" thing to do, but because they are concerned about not mixing the bloodlines. Forgive me but I have heard of such a thing somewhere before. But where was it?

From a Nazi perspective, the crime was rassenschande, not rape. Ironically, any sexual involvement with a Jew was rassenschande, or “race mixing.” Paragraph 2 of the Nuremberg Law, 1935, reads, “Extramarital intercourse between Jews and subjects of the state of German or related blood is forbidden” (Hochstadt 44). For the Nazi, Jewish women were subhuman, thereby not subject to victimization of a punishable crime. Thus, the act of rape was inconsequential; the act of rassenschande, however, was a grave crime of race defilement and the perpetrator faced punishment.

Women & The Holocaust - Scholarly Essays
Where is there evidence of the Israelis not wanting to "mix bloodlines." Unless I read the article incorrectly, that is the contention of the author, unsubstantiated by any evidence or research. Did I misread it?

Old 01-12-2009, 04:00 PM

7,359 posts, read 10,279,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bily4 View Post
You are right, the Palestinian women don't know how lucky they really are to have such a noble race blowing their neighborhoods and families up consistently and repetitively in an operation that has now gotten completely out of control.

I have no problem with anyone playing the "Hitler" card, I have family that helped put an end to him (you're welcome).

So long as people playing the card do not attempt to use it 60 years later as some perverted justification for the current murdering that is now taking place at the hands of the Holocaust victims' offspring.
Just curious: Do you have the same sympathy for Israelis who have been murdered by the Palestinians? Or is that murder justified in your view?

Old 01-12-2009, 04:03 PM

10 posts, read 10,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston3 View Post
I can find lots of pictures on Google of Hamas hiding behind women and children that are not cropped or photoshopped. Keep trying, I'm sure you can do better!

[LEFT]Make me see this

??That was real[/LEFT]

Old 01-12-2009, 04:04 PM

8,652 posts, read 17,243,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saganista View Post
When one uses quote marks, what the person being quoted actually said is supposed to go in between. Here is what you actually said...

It doesn't mater if if was 1 or 24, shoot at me and had you better have big guns because I will come back with everything I have and that is just what Israel did.

Your unhesitating and disproportionate response will quickly invalidate your claim of self defense. Just as is the case with Israel, an affront cannot be construed as a license to barbarism. I hope you look good in a jumpsuit.
I'm a law abiding citizen , no need for an orange jumpsuit.
Just get glad and not mad, you're running up your blood pressure.
My claim was never invalidated because I didn't bother to look up word for word what I said, the meaning was the same and you know it.

You terrorist supporters came in here thinking you would get a lot of support for your cause and when you didn't your true anger and hate comes out. Keep up the good work.

Old 01-12-2009, 04:09 PM

19,198 posts, read 31,479,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewToCA View Post
Using that reasoning, it would seem that Israel gets to lob over 7,000 Kassams, plus a few dozen factory made rockets and over a thousand mortar shells into Gaza, just to be proportionate...
Rather than what they actually HAVE gotten??? Offer that deal to the people living in the Gaza Strip. They'd pounce at it. They would not have lost 2,994 lives had they been on THAT end of the stick. Add 1,000 or so for these past couple of weeks, of course...

Old 01-12-2009, 04:16 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,266,002 times
"Disproportionate response"?

Pure crap

You fire a .45 at me - I will respond with a 50 cal

You fire a 50 cal at me - I will use a M1A1 tank

This is call proportionate response. To destroy, by whatever means, your ability to attack me.

Period

Old 01-12-2009, 04:24 PM

2,159 posts, read 2,583,692 times
Quote:
[LEFT]Make me see this

??That was real[/LEFT]
You don't win debates by showing more pictures than the other side...

Especially when one side (yours) intentionally hides behind the skirts of women and children so that they can parade pictures of their dead and wounded to the world for purely political purposes... If Hamas would stop using civilians as HUMAN SHIELDS, the photos you like to parade about would not exist.

Didn't you learn anything in school????

Old 01-12-2009, 04:31 PM

5,407 posts, read 7,795,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingForward View Post
Just curious: Do you have the same sympathy for Israelis who have been murdered by the Palestinians? Or is that murder justified in your view?
Sure I have sympathy. But the conflict is completely one sided, and certainly I don't buy where the Israelis are the lily white lambs just defending themselves. They have engaged in more than their share of aggressive activity. I am quite frankly embarassed that my country has been the one funding them and supplying them with their weapons to break UN resolutions and basic human rights observations. Let's cut them off from the Sugar Daddy and see how it goes then.

Old 01-12-2009, 04:36 PM

2,159 posts, read 2,583,692 times
Quote:

who is the soldier pointing is run at?? where is Hamas hidding behind the children as you say

What a load of crap... do you really think people are that stupid?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies