Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2009, 07:00 AM

3,150 posts, read 8,718,851 times

Advertisements

I have experienced racism... black people don't like white people working in the ghetto!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2009, 07:07 AM

13,026 posts, read 24,630,992 times
Not racism but a lot of Xenophobia, a lot whilst I lived in the US for being French ( even though nobody had noticed until I mentioned it as I do sound very British) and in the UK ( I have been asked on countless occasions to "go home") and in Scotland for sounding English !

A lot of Scots, when I lived near Glasgow seemed to have a real chip on their shoulders about my being English which would have been hilarious apart from the fact that some were actually abusive and aggressive. Though they warmed up to me when I told them I was French.... Apparently the "Auld Alliance" ( French and Scots versus English) idea is still in evidence in Scotland...

I find Racism and Xenophobia stupid as well as dangerous, as human beings we have enough problems and reasons to dislike and distrust each other without having to add to it with silly prejudices based on skin colour, race, nationality , sexuality, religion etc...

People should be judged on their personal merits not some ignorant ideas about people's worth or lack of ....
I try to see people as individuals. Anything else strikes me as plain idiotic and ignorant and would have also barred me from meeting and getting to know and love people from various social and ethnic backgrounds.

Denying our share humanity is denying ourselves a fantastic polychrome view on life rather than a bland, vapid close minded existence and that is just so sad.

Old 01-20-2009, 07:49 AM

274 posts, read 197,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Oh yeah, I'm a white heterosexual Christian male. Everything is my fault!

Bingo! I am everything except the christian part but can substitute that for being proud of who i am.

Old 01-20-2009, 08:20 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,655,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by havesomealoha View Post
Those of you who this Hawaii is full of aloha and that it is paridise, think again. The local population is very disrespectful and extremly racist towards white people. If you are white and you plan to live here, don't ever expect that you will be treated with any degree of respect. They may not tell you to your face, but the locals hate you!
Some locals hate whites. Some hate anyone who isn't like them, be they white, black, Asian, Polynesian or poi dog. Some hate everyone, no matter who they are or where they are from.

Just like on the mainland, you can't make generalizations.

Old 01-20-2009, 08:36 AM

1,530 posts, read 3,944,313 times
i am native american yes i experience it all the time. even on these boards i am constantly standing up to ignorant bs.

Old 01-20-2009, 08:46 AM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,007,791 times
I'm Native American Indian/Canadian Indian and Russian Jew, of course I have. And slavery has been a huge part of many races and cultures as well, even in my native heritage; mine enslaved other 'Indians'.

Old 01-20-2009, 09:09 AM

1,080 posts, read 1,711,812 times
Everybody faces some sort of discrimination in their life. Every possible group, whether it's racial or ethnic or sexual persuasion or religion or hair color or height, whatever, has been both oppressed and oppressor. This land we "stole" from the Indian? Yeah, they were raiding and whacking and stealing from each other before evil whitey showed up. African slaves? Yeah, Africans were being enslaved by black Africans and Arabs before the first Portuguese or Dutch ships ever showed up. And don't forget all the white slaves (aka indentured servants) that were brought over...more of them got brought over than black African slaves...

Point is, get over it, grow a pair, take responsibility for your own lot in life instead of desperately searching for some reason you're not where you'd like to be be.

Old 01-20-2009, 11:20 AM

10,447 posts, read 49,662,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Oh yeah, I'm a white heterosexual Christian male. Everything is my fault!
This now famous poster who took lots of heat so far because he spoke the truth that is not allowed to be spoken anymore in this politically correct world is my hero. And so are the Moderators for not deleting it. I walk the same shoes as this poster. Thanks for speaking up.

Way back before discrimination was normal with few laws to protect anyone, I applied for an SBA loan. The reply I got back, and I still have this letter, was that because I was a white male I did not meet the government criteria for SBA lending standards. SBA was used to encourage female and minority busines, that disqualified me. That to me is sickening. it is sickening to me and I feel for those of color who were denied housing or loans or whatever due to their skin color.

Way back in college my Socialogy Professor hardly ever let a day go by when he did not remind us that the only race is the human race. I try to live by those words every day.

Old 01-20-2009, 11:25 AM

5,528 posts, read 7,495,153 times
Never. (for now)

Old 01-20-2009, 11:53 AM

1,574 posts, read 4,857,813 times
Yes I have, and I am white, so it does go both ways and despite all the hype we are hearing now it will continue. I don't like it or agree with it but it's a reality of life and no amount of feel good legislation will eliminate all parties from having elements that are racists. Just be thankful that we do live in a nation where if conditions in your particular area become hard to handle you can move, assuming you still have any money left to do so.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies