Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2009, 05:40 AM

17,764 posts, read 39,734,665 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
Just as most people were leaving her alone and focusing in on those who won the election and how they will govern she screams for attention some might think.

Palin: Media goes easy on Kennedy - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/politico/20090108/pl_politico/17217 - broken link)
Gov. Sarah Palin (R-Alaska) believes Caroline Kennedy is getting softer press treatment in her pursuit of the New York Senate seat than Palin did as the GOP vice presidential nominee because of Kennedy’s social class.

Looking back on the Couric interviews, Palin said she knew things were not going well after their first session and asked the McCain campaign to pull the plug on the remaining sit downs but insisted the campaign made her go through with the rest.

Read the whole article and decide for yourself.

How Obama Got Elected

Interview with Sarah, poor, misunderstood Sarah

Sarah:
Ziegler: What's wrong sweetface
Sarah: sigh
Ziegler: Wanna talk precious?
Sarah: Yea, I s'pose so
Ziegler: So what happened sugar?
Sarah: Oh, gosh darnit, the media again
Ziegler: What are they doing now sugarbugger?
Sarah: They just so gosh darned unfair, you know?
Ziegler: How so buttercup?
Sarah: Well, I was put under so much scrutiny by the gotcha media, me, my husband, my daughter ... my clothes!
Ziegler: Yea, they sure were unfair snickerdoodle
Sarah: And then what does Caroline Kennedy get? Nuthin'! Not a bit of media glare!
Ziegler: Yea schnukums, it's so unfair
Sarah: You know, just because she's a Kennedy, why doesn't she get slammed like I did? At least I've held elected office!
Ziegler: Well, hun ...
Sarah: What? It's not like they went after her inexperience, her family name, her legacy ties, her money, no no no ... can't touch the upper class gal!
Ziegler: ???????
Sarah: I mean, I'm not asking for this? That guy ... what was his name? McDonalds? He did this to me! And now he won't even defend me, in fact, he's part of the problem now! It's all their fault!!! That gotcha media, that poopy Keith Olbermann, and don't get me started on Tina Couric!
Ziegler: Settle down sweetheart
Sarah: I mean, they didn't even present me in the correct light! I never lied! I never accused anyone of being something their not!
Ziegler: Do you want a glass of water Sarah Smiles?
Sarah: Oh gosh Zieg, you've been so good to me. You're just so gosh darned nice.
Ziegler: Well, I only want the REAL Sarah Palin to come out. The fresh face of the Republican party. The champion of family values who wants every woman to have a baby no matter how it was planted inside her. I want everyone to see the person who would never use her office to get high school dropouts electrician apprenticeships ... someone who would never charge the great state of Alaska for the house she resides in ... someone who is moral above everything else. America needs to see the rugged Sarah, the truthful and law abiding Sarah. The great huntress Sarah.
Sarah: Oh gosh Zieg, will you run my 2012 campaign?
Ziegler: Of course cupcake! Is there a clothing allowance?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2009, 07:00 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,159,646 times
These are just the best, domer! I love the idea of John Ziegler running her campaign in 2012 (and I'll bet he would, too!). JZ is just as nutty and entertaining as she is, but with a darker side. I'd love it if their association continues, if only for the great P in the K dialogues it would generate. Thanks

Old 01-09-2009, 07:01 AM

15,402 posts, read 28,951,973 times
It's so hard for me to believe she's a former tv reporter. How can she have so little grasp of timing? She worked for the media, she should know better. She should have done this interview last week, when Obama was in Hawaii and there was nothing much to discuss.

Instead, we get to compare two politicians speaking on the same day: Sarah being whiney & brainless vs. Obama giving an intelligent speech detailing his economic plans.

Hmmmm.... which one sounds presidential to you?

I guess she just wanted some attention--all this inaugural news made her feel left out. But oy! And oy again! She really is her own worst enemy. Oh well, guess that's her business. Meanwhile, thanks, Sarah, for giving us this comparison so we can have one more reason to feel grateful the election went the way it did.

Old 01-09-2009, 07:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by normie View Post
Meanwhile, thanks, Sarah, for giving us this comparison so we can have one more reason to feel grateful the election went the way it did.
Yup, we may not have much to be thankful for with 2008--but at least we dodged this little bullet.

Old 01-09-2009, 07:10 AM

17,764 posts, read 39,734,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normie View Post
Yup, we may not have much to be thankful for with 2008--but at least we dodged this little bullet.
Normie ... you do realize you quoted and responded to yourself?

Old 01-09-2009, 07:19 AM

31,683 posts, read 41,045,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
I called this about her months ago - that she's felt resentful and like an outsider for years and doesn't know why and it's made her a little nuts...I knew it.

Also this blaming other people for her problems and mistakes still needs attention.

The reporter's choice of ironic concluding quote, and that the quote is of Sarah talking to someone who isnt there (though, I know, that's not the way it looks) says it all.
Yes you did and your perceptions were and are right on target.

Old 01-09-2009, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
Trying to make a rhetorical point I suspect which was accurate. Can you imagine if she was VP elect about to assume enormous power and being vindictive.

Old 01-09-2009, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
Yup, it's my new strategy for posts. I've decided few people read long posts. You lose 'em if you write more than a few sentences.

So my new strategy is to chop 'em off at a certain point, and use the quote function to attach the final thoughts with the beginning thoughts. Adds a little emphasis too--brings out the bottom line.

Old 01-09-2009, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Well then maybe the best thing to do is to avoid posting anything about her anymore. Since you have, I will say that the key word was "class" of which Caroline Kennedy has plenty and Mrs. Palin has none. Lately, Palin is resembling a fungus that just refuses to go away.
Gosh no she is more entertaining in real life then Tina Fey playing her on SNL. I wonder if Tina will make one more appearance as this interview is to good to pass up. I really think if Sarah wanted SNL would let her come on and parody herself. That would be a good one.

Old 01-09-2009, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Her only problem was, we werent electing anyone for breeding purposes.
From her family results, doesn't look like she would have been good breeding material either. I don't say that to be cruel. But think about it. If presented with her family history how many couples would pay to have the husband's sperm mated with her eggs so they could have a child? Don't just react but think about it and that is why I disagree.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies