Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2009, 10:36 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,535,626 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Ambivalence View Post
Let us hope and pray that the new president does as well as President Bush!
This was a joke, right!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2009, 10:51 PM

799 posts, read 1,445,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
As for other countries, a lot of their intel estimates came from...us! You'll notice that not one of Iraq's neighbors except Israel supported the invasion. What does that tell you?

Two of Saddam's son in laws fled to Jordan with their families and informed Jordanian intelligence that Saddam did have WMDs. That is why Saddam ordered his son to kill both of them.

Old 01-21-2009, 11:43 PM

4,906 posts, read 6,848,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majordomo View Post
Two of Saddam's son in laws fled to Jordan with their families and informed Jordanian intelligence that Saddam did have WMDs. That is why Saddam ordered his son to kill both of them.
Where are the WMD's? Wait don't tell me we know where they are! There over here and over there and around Tikrit! We have heard all the BS before so spare us more of the same! He did have them at one time , I'm sorry but I think it's time to accept the truth! Everyone else has! Bush lied! I hope Obama will have more respect for our citizens!

Old 01-22-2009, 07:04 AM

8,396 posts, read 9,443,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by General Ambivalence View Post
President Bush's farewell speech was poignant and well received. He made his mark and his legacy will be the strength of our nation's response to terrorism.

He suffered tremendous personal attacks and persecution from his critics largely because of poor advice from subordinates. Yet he was strong and forthright sticking to his principles and relying on his great faith throughout it all. Even the new President expressed admiration for President George W. Bush's courage and strength.

President Bush was elected twice over formidable candidates each time. His popularity was high throughout his first term and well into the third year of his second term. He weathered personal attacks from hostile media which tried to brand him as intellectually inferior and a war monger.

The vitriol and hate for George W. Bush consumed the media during the 4th year of his second term and they regenerated that hate onto the masses through both the printed and televised media. Our nation rapidly became a hate filled population in which people declared they would "kill Bush" would "spit upon George Bush" "rape Bush's ***** wife"-etc. Much of the hate was through TV where so called political parody went far beyond comedy and hate filled messages both direct and subliminal filled the airways. TV watchers were fed a daily dose of hate for the president through reality TV and biased news.

Unfortunately both the media and the hate filled mimics in their feeding frenzy failed to recognize or ignored the good of George W.'s presidency.

They ignored the great progress the Bush AIDS initiative in Africa was making.

They ignored the fact that hostilities in Iraq slowed and nearly stopped completely so that US and Iraqi contractors could rebuild schools, hospitals and infrastructure.

They ignored the diplomatic victories that forced OPEC and other minor oil cartels to increase production and give US citizen's relief at the gas pumps.

They ignored the fact that President Bush was a master of diplomacy who could work with a Democratically controlled congress to get legislation passed. Only rarely did they defeat any legislation President Bush wanted. Unlike many Presidents facing a partisan congress there was never a deadlock.

They ignored that Bin Laden and his forces were trapped along the Pakastani border and constantly under pressure from Coalition forces.

They ignored the fact that the Bush tax cuts and stimulus packages kept businesses open and people working.

I like your subtle sense of humor. I wish you'd post more often.

Old 01-22-2009, 08:13 AM

799 posts, read 1,445,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lamexican View Post
Where are the WMD's? Wait don't tell me we know where they are! There over here and over there and around Tikrit! We have heard all the BS before so spare us more of the same! He did have them at one time , I'm sorry but I think it's time to accept the truth! Everyone else has! Bush lied! I hope Obama will have more respect for our citizens!

I wish it were as simple as you would like it to be but the situation is anything but simple. The war was wrong, we should not be in Iraq. I never agreed with the Iraq war, even when MOST Americans wanted blood for blood. I am only stating the facts. People will never learn from our mistakes if we keep rewriting history to demonize Bush.

Old 02-07-2009, 02:14 PM

1,382 posts, read 2,386,095 times
Many on the left have joined up as cult members. With a belief intensity that would shame the most fearless Appalatchian snake handler. Their beliefs may be opposed but they are the same people. You on the right are a patient bunch. Most of the time. But no matter what you say it is NEVER considered in a thoughtful way. I hope you have other reasons for doing it because they are not listening.
I quit.
This is what I do now.
I have a list of political organizations that agressivly oppose the social projects of the left.
Each evening I spend a moment and decide what foolishness that day was most deserving.
If the ladies are acting up I put an X next to Eagle Forum. Each X is worth $3. 4 Xs= $12.
At the end of the month I count them up, do the math and mail each a check. No weekends.
I send $50-$60 per month. Money well spent.
And I might have done some good.
Try it for a dollar.
Or 50 cents.

What was the topic?

Old 02-07-2009, 04:15 PM

4,538 posts, read 4,812,567 times
Thanks for nothing, you conceited buffoon, or rather, thanks for destroying the lives of those killed in your egocentric war, and thanks for destroying our economy - and don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.

Old 02-07-2009, 04:27 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,950,814 times
Quote:
President Bush's farewell speech was poignant and well received. He made his mark and his legacy will be the strength of our nation's response to terrorism.

He suffered tremendous personal attacks and persecution from his critics largely because of poor advice from subordinates. Yet he was strong and forthright sticking to his principles and relying on his great faith throughout it all. Even the new President expressed admiration for President George W. Bush's courage and strength.

President Bush was elected twice over formidable candidates each time. His popularity was high throughout his first term and well into the third year of his second term. He weathered personal attacks from hostile media which tried to brand him as intellectually inferior and a war monger.

The vitriol and hate for George W. Bush consumed the media during the 4th year of his second term and they regenerated that hate onto the masses through both the printed and televised media. Our nation rapidly became a hate filled population in which people declared they would "kill Bush" would "spit upon George Bush" "rape Bush's ***** wife"-etc. Much of the hate was through TV where so called political parody went far beyond comedy and hate filled messages both direct and subliminal filled the airways. TV watchers were fed a daily dose of hate for the president through reality TV and biased news.

Unfortunately both the media and the hate filled mimics in their feeding frenzy failed to recognize or ignored the good of George W.'s presidency.

They ignored the great progress the Bush AIDS initiative in Africa was making.

They ignored the fact that hostilities in Iraq slowed and nearly stopped completely so that US and Iraqi contractors could rebuild schools, hospitals and infrastructure.

They ignored the diplomatic victories that forced OPEC and other minor oil cartels to increase production and give US citizen's relief at the gas pumps.

They ignored the fact that President Bush was a master of diplomacy who could work with a Democratically controlled congress to get legislation passed. Only rarely did they defeat any legislation President Bush wanted. Unlike many Presidents facing a partisan congress there was never a deadlock.

They ignored that Bin Laden and his forces were trapped along the Pakastani border and constantly under pressure from Coalition forces.

They ignored the fact that the Bush tax cuts and stimulus packages kept businesses open and people working.

Very good post and of course you are right.

Old 02-07-2009, 05:40 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,334,415 times
So far, I'd put Obama about even with Bush's first couple of weeks.

Got a lonnnnnnnnnnnnnng wayto go, though.

Sure hope we don't see breadlines and soup kitchens.

Old 02-08-2009, 12:13 AM

880 posts, read 2,862,623 times
I tried to count the number of times he used liberty and freedom in his farewell speech (or any speech for that matter) and finally gave up at around 40 or so!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies