Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2009, 07:46 PM

37,218 posts, read 19,210,527 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunkel25 View Post
Um...say what now? If he had gone to the ball...he might have died?
There IS a precedent, as near as I can tell from the OP. Without a link it's hard to say.

14 presidents have attended, eleven of them are now dead, by my count.

Obama probably went with the odds. I knew he was smart.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2009, 09:16 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,950,814 times
Quote:
Look if they are having 15 balls, he does not have time to go to 15 balls.
This ball should have been one that he attended - first president in 56 to not attend - imho, show what little regard he holds our military and the vets.

Old 01-22-2009, 01:22 AM

3,131 posts, read 9,376,647 times
Obama voted for many bills to assist veterans which McCain voted against. I didn't vote for a Democrat ever but I see a lot of good in the man who is now President. He uses his head which is something we haven't had in a leader for the past eight years. Until he does something worth screaming about let's forget about the petty stuff and give him a chance. Is there something wrong with him because he writes left-handed?

Old 01-22-2009, 01:30 AM

14,100 posts, read 28,534,474 times
I don't like Obama and the medal of honor awardees have my highest respect but I don't think this is as big a deal as some are making it out to be. Yes, he should have attended this ball but I don't think missing it was Obama's plan. Other people make his schedule for him for these events and that person is the one who should be blamed for his missing this event. It could have been a slight oversight due to a busy schedule or something innocent happened along the way.

Old 01-22-2009, 04:22 AM

974 posts, read 1,587,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
This ball should have been one that he attended - first president in 56 to not attend - imho, show what little regard he holds our military and the vets.
oh you mean the little regard that he showed the vets and military by inviting him to his ball? where there were a ton of military personel and families? where he actually had the familys of some onstage and their spouses came on the satellite feed? please, drop the attack. obama has done more in the past 2 days right than gw did his whole time in office.

Old 01-22-2009, 04:49 AM

17,005 posts, read 12,595,161 times
STILL NEED SOME KIND OF PROOF LINK! from some even quasi reliable source.

It wont happen but the LAST inauguration balls he should go to are MTV and the other human turds' inauguration balls from Hollywierd.

1st should be MOH and service members
2nd from a purely pragmatic standpoint are the pure Dem party ones.
Last are the ones run by the wastes of DNA from Hollywierd.

Old 01-22-2009, 05:36 AM

700 posts, read 2,596,553 times
I would be willing to bet he didn't even make his own schedule that day....Could you imagine how quick that day went by for him, how exhausting.... Im sure he will make it up with action, not rhetoric and symbolic pontificating.

Old 01-22-2009, 06:01 AM

128 posts, read 362,649 times
STILL waiting for a reliable source to be presented to back up this claim. But then again, if you don't believe in global warming, I suppose fact checking isn't your strong suit.

That said, one thing we do know is that Obama was the first President-elect in recent history to visit the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier and place a wreath as part of the inauguration ceremonies. Here's a link showing him doing it:
Obama, Biden At Tomb Of Unknown Soldier; Joe Scarborough's Wife: Stop Cutting Off Mika - AOL Video

So, do any of you Obama-bashers give him credit for that?

Old 01-22-2009, 06:59 AM

8,396 posts, read 9,443,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
This ball should have been one that he attended - first president in 56 to not attend -
Impossible. He's the 44th.

Quote:
imho, show what little regard he holds our military and the vets.

Quick! Inform the Joint Chiefs of Staff!

Old 01-22-2009, 08:15 AM

2,450 posts, read 5,603,722 times
My uncle worked with Shinseki, the current Veteran Affairs Sec, and vouches for him. Read up on him, he seems pretty good. To me, that matters more than any balls and shows he indeed cares about addressing the veteran issue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies