Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2009, 09:50 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,893,744 times

Advertisements

It is unimportant what I would do.

I am simply wondering if these children are 'collateral damage' to the Obama followers...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2009, 09:51 PM

41,325 posts, read 45,000,570 times
Quote:
Obama made it VERY clear that he would not hesitate to send missiles into Pakistan if need be, since the Pakistan/Afghanistan border is crawling with Al Qaeda. In any case, your response is really strange.
Hello?? Bush has been sending missiles into pakistan for months - did you object when he was killing innocents?

Old 01-23-2009, 09:52 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,048,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
It is unimportant what I would do.

I am simply wondering if these children are 'collateral damage' to the Obama followers...
No. Children are not collateral damage. Never, ever. Not when Bush struck and not when Obama has struck.

Does that answer your question? I'm an "Obama 'follower'" (whatever you mean by that).

ETA: So what do you do in your downtime when you're not trying to "ah-ha!" people?

Old 01-23-2009, 09:54 PM

So Obama is guilty in the deaths of these children....won't these deaths just lead to more terrorism???

I think Obama is in for a VERY rough time of it as he comes to realise HE is responsible for such things as this.

Old 01-23-2009, 09:57 PM

Quote:
So Obama is guilty in the deaths of these children....won't these deaths just lead to more terrorism???
Yes. They could. As far as assuming responsibility, he already did...before he even became president. He told us all before Nov. 4 that he would strike Pakistan if necessary.

Why all the surprise, outrage, etc...? Oh, forget it. I should have already learned my lesson about asking legitimate questions like that one. They only lead to the runaround by those who'd rather say "AHA!" than have any real, moral convictions of their own. (shrug)

Old 01-23-2009, 09:59 PM

I believe the thing is people find it....'interesting' how the killing of innocent children,the attacking of another nation and such is okay to those on the left now....

It seems they had issues with these matters in the past.

Old 01-23-2009, 10:02 PM

41,325 posts, read 45,000,570 times
Quote:
Why all the surprise, outrage, etc...?
I guess you don't recall when bush was in charge and ordered strikes in pakistan and afghanistan that killed women and children - the lefties on here were not happy campers - now that obama is continuing BUSH'S policies, they think it's a fine idea.

But come now, we all knew that would be the response from the Left. As long as a dem is in office, all is peachy-keen. He could be implementing the exact same policy and we won't hear a peep from the hypocrits on the Left.

I'm still waiting for the resolution from congress to defund the troops and bring then home immediately. You remember all those times they tried with bush in office? Why don't they do that now?

Old 01-23-2009, 10:04 PM

Quote:
I believe the thing is people find it....'interesting' how the killing of innocent children,the attacking of another nation and such is okay to those on the left now....

It seems they had issues with these matters in the past.
I don't see anybody actually saying it's okay, and I'm not being facetious here. I don't think anyone thinks it's "okay". I do think some people feel it is something that can happen when bombs are dropped.

You are trying to make the point that if Bush dropping bombs makes him a war criminal, then Obama dropping bombs makes him a war criminal. But the circumstances are vastly different. It's not the actual dropping of bombs that's criminal (at least not literally criminal). If that were true, then all war in all forms would be criminal activity.

If you aren't bothering to see that Bush actively sought war but that Obama is dealing with one that's already going on, then that's your thing...not proof of hypocrisy that you're so desperately seeking to find.

Old 01-23-2009, 10:06 PM

A post from here:
//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...-pakistan.html

Quote:
MSNBC is now reporting breaking news that the U.S. has launched missile attacks in Pakistan. George Bush up to his usual dirty tricks again so he can get McCain elected?
An example of a poster from here BEFORE Obama won the election.

Old 01-23-2009, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
I don't see anybody actually saying it's okay, and I'm not being facetious here. I don't think anyone thinks it's "okay". I do think some people feel it is something that can happen when bombs are dropped.

You are trying to make the point that if Bush dropping bombs makes him a war criminal, then Obama dropping bombs makes him a war criminal. But the circumstances are vastly different. It's not the actual dropping of bombs that's criminal (at least not literally criminal). If that were true, then all war in all forms would be criminal activity.

If you aren't bothering to see that Bush actively sought war but that Obama is dealing with one that's already going on, then that's your thing...not proof of hypocrisy that you're so desperately seeking to find.
I see....your guy is killing innocent children for good reasons.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies