Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2009, 10:52 AM

3,463 posts, read 7,307,014 times

Advertisements

Suspected US missile strikes kill 18 in Pakistan

By MUNIR AHMAD – 46 minutes ago

ISLAMABAD, Pakistan (AP) — Two suspected U.S missile attacks killed 18 people Friday in Pakistan just east of the Afghan border, security officials said, the first such strikes since the inauguration of President Barack Obama.

At least five victims were identified as foreign militants, an intelligence officer said.

The strikes, which hit two districts of the lawless region where al-Qaida militants are known to hide out, are the latest in a barrage of more than 30 since the middle of last year.

Pakistan's pro-U.S. leaders had expressed hope Obama would halt the attacks, which have reportedly killed several top al-Qaida operatives but triggered anger at the government by nationalist and Muslim critics.

<clip>

The Associated Press: Suspected US missile strikes kill 18 in Pakistan
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2009, 10:55 AM

31,387 posts, read 37,054,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kootr View Post

Pakistan's pro-U.S. leaders had expressed hope Obama would halt the attacks, which have reportedly killed several top al-Qaida operatives but triggered anger at the government by nationalist and Muslim critics.

Hope isn't the Changeâ„¢ that they can expect to get from Obama on this particular issue.

Old 01-23-2009, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Hope isn't the Changeâ„¢ that they can expect to get from Obama on this particular issue.
Hahahaha!!! Funny!

Maybe he should sit down and talk - isn't that what he said he'd do?

I hope those missiles Obama fired into Pakistan didn't hurt or kill any innocent people!

Old 01-23-2009, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Hahahaha!!! Funny!

Maybe he should sit down and talk - isn't that what he said he'd do?

I hope those missiles Obama fired into Pakistan didn't hurt or kill any innocent people!
No, what he said he would do on August 1, 2007

"If we have actionable intelligence about high-value terrorist targets and President Musharraf won't act, we will,"

Is just what he did, today!

Old 01-23-2009, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
No, what he said he would do on August 1, 2007

"If we have actionable intelligence about high-value terrorist targets and President Musharraf won't act, we will,"

Is just what he did, today!
I guess that makes Obama a killer. Funny stuff!

Old 01-23-2009, 11:10 AM

4,989 posts, read 10,023,483 times
Can't wait to see the burning effigy of Obama in the streets of Karachi.

Old 01-23-2009, 11:10 AM

419 posts, read 602,934 times
So is Obama a war criminal now also? Did the UN approve of him doing that?

Old 01-23-2009, 11:11 AM

I guess using Pakistan's airspace so we can get to Afghanistan is going to be a tiny bit more difficult now.

Do you think Iran will let us use their airspace so we can get to Afghanistan?

Old 01-23-2009, 11:12 AM

Quote:
I guess that makes Obama a killer. Funny stuff!
Yep.

"I don’t oppose all wars. And I know that in this crowd today, there is no shortage of patriots, or of patriotism. What I am opposed to is a dumb war. What I am opposed to is a rash war. What I am opposed to is the cynical attempt by Richard Perle and Paul Wolfowitz and other arm-chair, weekend warriors in this Administration to shove their own ideological agendas down our throats, irrespective of the costs in lives lost and in hardships borne.
What I am opposed to is the attempt by political hacks like Karl Rove to distract us from a rise in the uninsured, a rise in the poverty rate, a drop in the median income — to distract us from corporate scandals and a stock market that has just gone through the worst month since the Great Depression.

That’s what I’m opposed to. A dumb war. A rash war. A war based not on reason but on passion, not on principle but on politics."

Barack Obama, Oct. 2, 2002

Old 01-23-2009, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plovedupont View Post
So is Obama a war criminal now also? Did the UN approve of him doing that?
Yep! It didn't take but a few hours for Obama to become a war criminal and a killer. And I thought he was going to "talk" and be a peaceful world leader. The thug usurper killer!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies