Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2009, 10:42 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,858,535 times

Advertisements

I don't get it.... why are liberals so blind? You telling me, that if the group of people you strongly disagree with, came up to you and ask you to support something they made ALL by themselves and is something you are clearly oppose to (like pork spending/wasteful spending) and you should go along with it... because if you don't you are an obstructionists? Okay... I suppose anyone who disagrees with you will have a NEGATIVE connotation with them... deniers, fearmongers, etc. etc.... how very bipartisan of you...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2009, 10:57 PM

3,105 posts, read 3,291,764 times
As was referenced in this thread, this is what is going to create jobs? Really?

Quote:
$650 million on top of the billions already doled out to pay for digital TV conversion coupons

$400 million for global-warming research

$2.4 billion for carbon-capture demonstration projects

$600 million more for the federal government to buy new cars. Uncle Sam already spends $3 billion a year on its fleet of 600,000 vehicles
So save the BS that this is hatred for Obama and more so the GOP seeing some serious BS in this pork filled bill they want you to buy into

Old 01-29-2009, 11:03 PM

2,661 posts, read 2,904,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packersnut21 View Post
The whole point of this stimulus is to create jobs correct? then why are things like this in it:

So save the BS that this is hatred for Obama and more so the GOP seeing some serious BS in this pork filled bill they want you to buy into
I haven't seen this posted much, but the congressional budget office report comes to this conclusion:
Quote:
According to CBO’s estimates, with enactment of H.R. 1, the number of jobs would be between 0.8 million and 2.1 million higher at the end of this year, 1.2 million to 3.6 million higher at the end of next year, and 0.7 million to 2.1 million higher at the end of 2011 than under current law.
Director’s Blog » Blog Archive » Testimony on the Economy and Stimulus

What I'm curious about, is the wages of these jobs.
Are they minimum wage?
Are they $50k/year?
And if they were $50k/yearly, couldn't we switch them to minimum wage and create twice the jobs?! Genius!
/end sarcasm

I am curious about the wages (no, I don't want a new job), and if I stay motivated I'll see if specifics can be found anywhere. I haven't read the stimulus plan, only parts of the analysis.

Old 01-29-2009, 11:06 PM

4,906 posts, read 6,848,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packersnut21 View Post
As was referenced in this thread, this is what is going to create jobs? Really?

Do us a favor drop the talking points point out the pork and lets discuss it! Read said doc. and point out pork! Again drop talking points! Give us section line you know!
Search Results - THOMAS (Library of Congress):

Old 01-30-2009, 01:13 AM

1,238 posts, read 1,414,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by small arms View Post
Isn't that the pot calling the kettle black. Probably older than you.
Explain how this is in anyway the pot calling the kettle black, it really makes no sense.

And you probably are older than me, the point is you should start acting like it. I don't know why people have to get so upset over their political party looking foolish, just grow up and learn from your mistakes.

Old 01-30-2009, 04:55 AM

4,664 posts, read 8,242,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
I think you have that backwards, OP. You see, obama is the one who want to be inclusive, put partisanship aside and work together.

What they preach does not fit with their actions - the dems and obama put together the biggest pork-barrel bill (nothing to do with stimulus) full of goodies for dem/lib groups, just another trillion added to the debt, with really no input from the GOP - and he expects the republicans to even consider such a bill?

Outrageous.

Actually, there is a window of opportunity for the US to spend massive amounts of money on much needed things. Education, infrastructure, healthcare, alternative energy projects etc The dumb *** right (lumbaugh 'the buffoon' being their chief cheerleader) are banging on about pork when this is actually a much needed injection. Republicans were hardly saying anything under the enormous and damaging spending on wars, tax cuts etc under Bush.

Unfortunately, the biggest mistake Obama made was in trusting that the republicans would be on board if he included some tax cuts that were more along conservative ideological lines. Next time, he won't (and shouldn't) be so kind.

Why did not 1 republican vote for this bill when most independent economists agree that is an absolutely necessary evil? Politics plain and simple... but hey.. country first!

Old 01-30-2009, 05:04 AM

8,396 posts, read 9,443,995 times
Smile Just asking...

Quote:
Originally Posted by small arms View Post
Most of the *******s here are liars. Not one of you would go out in freezing weather to build bridges or roads. Most sit here with thousands of post's, your either very rich or on welfare. I'm guessing the later.

Are you unhappy?

http://www.risesmart.com/risesmart/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/frustrated.jpg (broken link)

Old 01-30-2009, 06:11 AM

2,305 posts, read 3,029,253 times
I am sure most of you don't even know what is in the stimulus package and probably don't even care. You are so in love with your party that you can't see right from wrong and just spend all your time and energy bashing the other party. Pull your head out of the donkey or elephants ass (which everone fits) and get back to reality.

And as far as the stimulus package, it is a waste of our money. Have a good day, time to get to work.

Old 01-30-2009, 06:40 AM

8,396 posts, read 9,443,995 times
Thumbs up Remember: Country First!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigr View Post
I am sure most of you don't even know what is in the stimulus package and probably don't even care. You are so in love with your party that you can't see right from wrong and just spend all your time and energy bashing the other party. Pull your head out of the donkey or elephants ass (which everone fits) and get back to reality.

And as far as the stimulus package, it is a waste of our money. Have a good day, time to get to work.

Well, instead of just running off to work in the middle of a hissy fit, the least you could do is call the president's council of economic advisors and let them know all about this development before its too late.

Do it for the good of your country!

http://resources.renewmedia.org/wp-content/uploads/frustration.gif (broken link)

Old 01-30-2009, 07:01 AM

266 posts, read 402,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skoro View Post
Are you unhappy?
Nope. Actually quite happy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies