Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2009, 09:28 AM

38,644 posts, read 26,398,078 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingForward View Post
I'm sorry, but if you believe climate change is a "hoax," you live under a rock.

Yes, and the temperature of that rock dropped about a degree and a half last year and is now covered with snow and ice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2009, 09:32 AM

7,359 posts, read 10,282,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyandclaire89 View Post
Really Moving Forward...

31,000 "Scientists" (Some Dead) Refute Global Warming

In keeping with the amount of virtual ink this item deserves, we're going to try and keep this short. The Oregon Institute of Science and Medicine held a press conference this morning to announce that 31,000 "scientists" have signed a petition rejecting claims of human-caused global warming.
ps Moving Forward for your info...Its been freezing here in Boston the past month and quite a bit of snow...but I guess I must be hallucinating its really florida weather out there...please send me some sun tan lotion...
Climate change is not about things getting hotter. It's about radical and erratic changes in climate. Educate yourself. With every word you post, you expose your ignorance.

Oh, and you might think about actually reading the sources you post before you post them:

31,000 "Scientists" (Some Dead) Refute Global Warming | EcoGeek - Clean Technology

Old 02-01-2009, 09:34 AM

7,359 posts, read 10,282,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Yes, and the temperature of that rock dropped about a degree and a half last year and is now covered with snow and ice.
Once again: Global warming is not about how hot or how cold the weather feels to you. That's childish logic, exemplified by people who don't bother to actually educate themselves on the issue.

Old 02-01-2009, 09:46 AM

20,187 posts, read 23,867,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccersupporter View Post
We all know about climate change (use to be global warming). In most states it is called winter, spring, summer, fall. Anyone that does not believe in climate change must live in CA.
Yes, its funny when "facts" change all the time especially with global warming, er I mean climate change, er I mean fairy tales.. oppss.. the truth is out now... RUN!

Old 02-01-2009, 09:49 AM

4,829 posts, read 6,933,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
Yes, its funny when "facts" change all the time especially with global warming, er I mean climate change, er I mean fairy tales.. oppss.. the truth is out now... RUN!
The people in denial are the ones that ignore the sience for the last few hundred years or so for the latest PC pop science.

Old 02-01-2009, 11:12 PM

857 posts, read 1,734,203 times
Default Eating Meat And Factory Farms

"Do you eat meat? If you do, then you support horrific brutality against animals on factory farms. The birth of an animal is beautiful, too. So save us the pontificating about the sanctity of life. And save your breath about the hierarchy of being and the hierarchy of the value of life, because it's bullsh*t."

Yes I eat meat and completely agree about with the disgrace that happens on Factory Farms. We need to scale down our agriculture systems. Everyone should raise their own chickens and feed them organic food. Unfortunately, the elite health food stores charge way too much for organic and free range meat. Otherwise, I'd be buying organic clean beef, chicken, and eggs.

Old 02-02-2009, 05:40 AM

17,005 posts, read 12,602,310 times
>Even if climate change is a fraud, why would you want to continue to support an infrastructure that thrives on non-renewable resources?<

Now that is a liberal's argument Ill actually agree with.

You note how "global warming" has become "climate change" since warming has not happened in the last ?5? years.

Last edited by ottomobeale; 02-02-2009 at 05:41 AM.. Reason: speelingg

Old 02-02-2009, 07:57 AM

1,843 posts, read 2,371,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
>Even if climate change is a fraud, why would you want to continue to support an infrastructure that thrives on non-renewable resources?<

Now that is a liberal's argument Ill actually agree with.

You note how "global warming" has become "climate change" since warming has not happened in the last ?5? years.

Because the money paid for petroleum funds the war on Israel.

Old 02-02-2009, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post

While the temperature at the South Pole continues to rise.

Old 02-02-2009, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
Nope... then tell me... CO2 in relation to temperature just as I formatted.. which one will DISPROVE that man-made CO2 causes temperature increases? Which one...? Or are is that too complex for you? WHICH ones will disprove it? WHICH?

You've made a bunch of statements that aren't true. And you're asking me to disprove something with them? Well here's how that works. A true statement can be used to prove another statement true or false. A statement proven to be false proves only itself. A false statement cannot be used to prove another statement true or false. You've got a lot of bad information there. You probably rely too much on television and the internet for your facts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies