Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-08-2009, 08:32 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,266,002 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tristansmommy View Post
karma is *****!! They should shake in their boots for that gd.. Has nothing to do with me not respecting them.. I atleast take solice that they'll pay for their bad behavior in one way or another.. The universe has a great way of working out that way.

So.. They should shake in their boots.. Damn right they should....
roflmaooooooo

:d:d:d:d:d:d
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2009, 09:12 PM

37,468 posts, read 61,406,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TristansMommy View Post
Let's just put it this way.. the majority of us citizens don't claim to be ministers of some religion to get out of paying taxes.. nor is it easy to do so ..
Actually SS is not a tax.

It is an insurance policy. You pay into it a portion of your wages, your policy become mature after you have paid 40-quarters. And they agree to pay you back according to a hidden formula a pension.

You apply to be covered by this insurance policy, you pay into this policy, and you make a claim against your policy.

Old 03-08-2009, 09:23 PM

37,468 posts, read 61,406,816 times
Quote:
Karma is *****!! They should shake in their boots for THAT GD.. has nothing to do with me not respecting them.. I atleast take solice that they'll pay for their bad behavior in one way or another.. the universe has a great way of working out that way.

So.. they should shake in their boots.. damn right they should....
Being driven to avoid paying taxes, is bad behavior and therefore bad karma?

You feel that the Universe will punish anyone who does not pay taxes?

I am not familiar with such dogma.

I have been a student of the Bible for many years. May I ask what is your source from which you take such ethics and morals?

I understand the idea of karma. But where do you base the idea of paying into a private insurance policy as begin good / bad karma? Or paying taxes to a tyranny as being good / bad?

Old 03-08-2009, 10:09 PM

5,224 posts, read 5,013,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by forest beekeeper View Post
Being driven to avoid paying taxes, is bad behavior and therefore bad karma?

You feel that the Universe will punish anyone who does not pay taxes?

I am not familiar with such dogma.

I have been a student of the Bible for many years. May I ask what is your source from which you take such ethics and morals?

I understand the idea of karma. But where do you base the idea of paying into a private insurance policy as begin good / bad karma? Or paying taxes to a tyranny as being good / bad?

I base it on how you treat others in a society.. and breaking the law is breaking the law. They are living IN society and are STEALING from that society when they do not contribute in taxes yet enjoy what the nation has to offer.. and I"m NOT talking about the social programs. .I'm talking about the fact that they live in a nation, use it's roads, police.. not to mention they are protected by the military in which TAXES goes to support as well as other things, yet pay NOTHING toward it..

They are NO BETTER than the people who they say are "leeches on society" who just collect welfare.. .. they are EXACTLY the same.... I also do not believe that someoen that is poor and stays poor just to reap the benefits of getting things for FREE is a good person either. I do understand that there are those that do that too, and I beleive THAT is wrong and THAT generates bad karma as well. BOTH ARE EQUALLY deplorable..

As for the bible, I believe the Bible is a good start and a nice collection of stories usually with some sort of morality attatched to it, however, I have problems believing a book that was a)written by men hundreds if not THOUSANDS of years AFTER Jesus and that was b)translated into many different languages over thousands of years and many centuries.. I mean things get lost and confused in translations.. and c) that was manipulated by man to suite man's purpose. Back in the day churche's WERE very political and the BIBLE and FEAR fo god was USED to control the masses. Parts of the Bible were left out, etc etc etc. This does NOT believe that I am NOT a spiritual person.. I find the answers within MYSELF where they REALLY lie and lie for all of us, not in some book that was written again.. by man for all the reasons I stated at the start of this paragraph.

However, i believe that we are all here with FREE WILL and god, who loves all of his creatures equally regardless..watches as we experience life FOR HIM.. as we are ALL part of GOD.. and that HOW you behave and the choices you make DO and WILL come back to haunt you in one way. The universe gives out what you put in... lie, cheat and you will create bad karma.

And.. so I go back to my first paragraph about people who then do not obey the laws of the society around them.. BAD KARMA is what theyll have.

As for SS being insurance.. I quote from the following article about opting out of SS;

"Since Social Security has been determined by the Supreme Court of the United States not to be an insurance plan but a social welfare plan provided by the government, the decision for clergy to get out of Social Security must be a conscientious objection to government welfare based on their religious beliefs. Exemption is based on the filing with and approval by the IRS of Form 4361. The decision to withdraw must be based on the following statement of conscience contained in Form 4361. "

Old 03-08-2009, 10:13 PM

Some should keep in mind that even if someone does not pay income taxes / social security, they pay sales taxes, property taxes, gas taxes etc - they contribute to roads, police and fire, to schools etc

Old 03-09-2009, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Some should keep in mind that even if someone does not pay income taxes / social security, they pay sales taxes, property taxes, gas taxes etc - they contribute to roads, police and fire, to schools etc
Doesn't excuse the fact that hey are living in a nation.. in a society and NOT contributing what they should like the rest of us..

They are still LEECHES and scum

Old 03-09-2009, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Doesn't excuse the fact that hey are living in a nation.. in a society and NOT contributing what they should like the rest of us..

They are still LEECHES and scum
You know what TM? There are "leeches and scum" in real life

And it is also real life that there are millions in the "underground economy". And, I have to guess that, inasmuch as they are "leeches and scum", they would be denied access to healthcare under your system.

Old 03-09-2009, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
You know what TM? There are "leeches and scum" in real life

And it is also real life that there are millions in the "underground economy". And, I have to guess that, inasmuch as they are "leeches and scum", they would be denied access to healthcare under your system.
just because there ARE leeches nad scum.. doesn't make it alright and okay..doesnt mean we should just bend over and take it

No.. if you don't file your taxes every year then you should be denied an UHC Card....If you are NOT a legal citizen.. no UHC card..

We'll stillhave bills going unpaid.. but there would be FAR LESS than there are now..

anyway.. I'm sick of talking to you.. really I am. All you do is aggrevate me ..

I have work to do.. sit there and live in your bubble world of all is fine and sit there and want to deny people healthcare.. go ahead.. because i really don't care WHAT you think at all..

Change is coming. .and for the first time I feel we're really poised for REAL reform and I welcome it.. I'll even pop the bottle of champagne when it happens.

Have a nice day.. have a nice life

Old 03-27-2009, 08:25 PM

3,982 posts, read 10,463,360 times
Donald Cohen: Why are Health Insurance Companies Afraid of Competition

interesting article.

Old 03-27-2009, 08:31 PM

605 posts, read 1,843,251 times
im from canada and dont know if its a good idea
i think maybe it should be for children up to 18

but what sucks is that you have to pay for ass holes who are drunk and walk on highways, or get in bar fights, drug addicts who get shot etc. And then there are smokers and obese people.

like how is it fair that people who live healthy lives need to pay for people who dont take care of themselves?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies