Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2009, 02:56 PM

1,815 posts, read 5,400,821 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.I.B. View Post
there is some interesting and fascinating information here which is in no way relevant to the original post. Great job!
Actually, the information was relavant and may be a cause of the "spotty delivery" noted by the OP. It may not be his local PO, but issues with the chain the mail had to go through before it gets to him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2009, 02:58 PM

1,051 posts, read 2,977,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lialleycat View Post
Actually, the information was relavant and may be a cause of the "spotty delivery" noted by the OP. It may not be his local PO, but issues with the chain the mail had to go through before it gets to him.

Thanks Walter and lialleycat !

Old 02-03-2009, 03:14 PM

4,698 posts, read 8,762,096 times
Quote:
that would only apply to specific pieces of mail from certain areas. It would obvioulsy NOT apply to "absolutely NO truck delivery on certain days". *sigh*...does ANYONE read any more?

Old 02-03-2009, 04:53 PM

852 posts, read 2,017,785 times
Default My mail deliverer does a great job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by longislandmike View Post
The last few days told us about how the US Post Office is going to be taking measures to "cut back" service.

I've noticed, spotty, NON-delivery of the mail to my street. For one reason or another, absolutely NO truck delivery on certain days.

Anyone else on the Island ?
I like the post office. I think any movement against the post office is really an effort to privatize it. I'm convinced that his a huge mistake. In my neighborhood, the only people with good jobs are union cops, union firefighters, union teachers, and union postal deliverers. I want people with good jobs in my neighborhood, not busy begging for scraps from enormous corporations.

Old 02-03-2009, 05:03 PM

16,408 posts, read 33,309,179 times
USPS service is the best where I live! I have had the same (very competent and always on time) mailman for years. However, there is no problem on his day off because the swing people are good too and always on time.

Old 02-03-2009, 05:23 PM

2,940 posts, read 8,323,539 times
No major mail problems here either, though sometimes instead of being delivered around noontime it comes around 3-4pm. The Westbury Post Office though never has enough help and you usually spend at least 10-15 minutes waiting on line. I use the Stewart ave facility to avoid the circus over there.
I had much more problems with mail delivery when I was growing up in N.Wantagh, often packages would show up weeks or months late.

Old 02-03-2009, 06:14 PM

1,815 posts, read 5,400,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by S.I.B. View Post
that would only apply to specific pieces of mail from certain areas. It would obvioulsy NOT apply to "absolutely NO truck delivery on certain days". *sigh*...does ANYONE read any more?
These are the kinds of Long Islanders I will not miss. G-d forbid someone try to give them additional information. I am done with the LI forums. Goodbye!

Old 02-04-2009, 08:53 AM

4,698 posts, read 8,762,096 times
Quote:
These are the kinds of Long Islanders I will not miss. G-d forbid someone try to give them additional information. I am done with the LI forums. Goodbye!
the feeling is mutual!

Old 02-04-2009, 09:05 AM

1,051 posts, read 2,977,387 times
LOTTA LOVE out there today !

Old 02-04-2009, 09:14 AM

732 posts, read 1,735,236 times
I have no problems with mail delivery here in Bellport. I usually get my mail between 10-1, and most of the time lately, it's been delivered at 10:30.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies