Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2009, 06:00 AM

3,645 posts, read 4,926,999 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by truthseeker2012 View Post
Democrat senator Debbie Stabenow has told nationally syndicated talk host Bill Press she will push for talk radio “accountability hearings” in order to impose government-mandated “balance” in the radio marketplace. According to the Gladwin, Michigan, senator the airwaves are “dominated by one view” that “overwhelms people’s opinions — and, unfortunately, incorrectly,” and said that “right-wing conservative talk hosts” are “trying to make people angry and saying all kinds of things that aren’t true and so on,” Radio Ink reports on February 5.

Stabenow: Dems May Hold Talk Radio “Accountability” Hearings
Just because the liberals are not able to have money making radio shows they decided to stop the Republicans from making any money. It is all jealousy and nothing else. No, they do not want to hold anyone accountable. If they did, then they would look at their own also.

Last edited by Anonymous Political Junky; 02-10-2009 at 06:10 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2009, 06:09 AM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,634,295 times
When are they going to check on CNN and MSNBC accountability. Anyone else here realize our freedoms of speech and religion are being threatened. And how about that presidential press conference where questions were ignored and the news people were called by name. Could those questions have been prearranged. We don't need to change to less freedom for America while the country goes down the tubes. Do the news people have to ask the right questions to be called on. The president conveniently did not mention the real reason a lot of people were not for the package. Some of us would rather starve than give up our freedoms.

Old 02-10-2009, 06:11 AM

3,645 posts, read 4,926,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
When are they going to check on CNN and MSNBC accountability. Anyone else here realize our freedoms of speech and religion are being threatened. And how about that presidential press conference where questions were ignored and the news people were called by name. Could those questions have been prearranged. We don't need to change to less freedom for America while the country goes down the tubes. Do the news people have to ask the right questions to be called on. The president conveniently did not mention the real reason a lot of people were not for the package. Some of us would rather starve than give up our freedoms.
Most people are too stupid to even realize what is happening to our once great country. They are ripe for exactly the same things as in the '30s in Germany and they are too dumb to even see it.

Old 02-10-2009, 06:46 AM

24,415 posts, read 23,070,474 times
I have a local radio station that does local talk in the mornings. I switch from that to another local chat on a neighboring radio station depending on their topic and the callers they get. One switches to syndicated at 12, one does Rush, the other has Bill Oreilly on at 1:00. I don't like Rush but Oreilly is about as good as syndicated talk radio gets. I can sometimes get other stations with local talk which is what I prefer. Nobody forces an agenda on the listeners. Some hosts are more liberal or conservative and all that does is form the basis of debate.
I was able to listen to AIR America before it went belly up and was astounded just how bad it was. The callers were content doing nothing but sniping and complaining and the hosts did nothing but regurgitate party mantra. I could see why people would not want to listen to that, outside of a few bitter obsessive negative types.
People will listen to what they want. I finally got cable and realized just what I was missing in news with only ABC, NBC and CBS. Do I want to force them to change to accomodate my centrist views? No, let them run their stations their way and I'll just watch another network. If they lose ratings, they'll change if they want to survive.
This isn't a fascist country, yet. Let's not start taking baby steps like this towards it.

Old 02-10-2009, 08:23 AM

14,100 posts, read 28,534,474 times
Christians don't like what they see or hear on TV, Movies, or Radio and they're told if you don't like it then change the channel. Liberal Democrats (see Communist) don't like their own words and actions being used against them on conservative talk radio so they are now using the power of the US Goverment to try to shut them down (see Communist).

Old 02-10-2009, 08:25 AM

14,100 posts, read 28,534,474 times
Funny they don't bother to do anything about "thrill up my leg" MSNBC, Stalin ran fair trials New York Times, the Clinton or Communist News Network, The National Barak Channel (NBC), or any of the other pro-Democrat (see Communist) network news.

Old 02-10-2009, 09:02 AM

2,915 posts, read 3,517,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukester View Post
The Gov is right on... The right wing talk is nothing but entertainment... Pure and simple... The real trouble is that some folks have a hard time discerning what is fact and what is BS. In the case of Lintbaugh nearly everything he says is BS. Fox News is nothing but propaganda.
Got proof of any of your radical comments?

Old 02-10-2009, 09:06 AM

2,915 posts, read 3,517,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
Christians don't like what they see or hear on TV, Movies, or Radio and they're told if you don't like it then change the channel. Liberal Democrats (see Communist) don't like their own words and actions being used against them on conservative talk radio so they are now using the power of the US Goverment to try to shut them down (see Communist).
Agree with you 100%

The liberal does not think like this. The liberal thinks that the conservative should just change the channel if they don't like it, but ban the stuff that they don't like. Freedom of speech? To a liberal it means freedom to suppress other viewpoints. This is an attempt at Communism, where other viewpoints are suppressed.

Old 02-10-2009, 09:09 AM

2,290 posts, read 5,545,887 times
I despise rightwing talk radio; therefore I don't listen to it. That said, if access to radio frequencies is equal, unfettered, and without political favoritism, then the left ought to stop crying and go out and get the same kinds of radio frequencies and create their own shows.

But somehow I don't think the details are that simple ...

Old 02-10-2009, 09:44 AM

29,939 posts, read 39,468,904 times
Default Probably is more complicated....

NBC Universal - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Quote:
GE owns 80% of NBC Universal with the remaining 20% owned by Vivendi SA.
Bloomberg.com: Politics

Quote:
Obama this morning signed an executive order establishing the Economic Recovery Advisory Board, which will be headed by Volcker. The members include former Securities and Exchange Commission Chairman William Donaldson, former Fed Vice Chairman Roger Ferguson, UBS Americas Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Robert Wolf, General Electric Co. CEO Jeffrey Immelt and Service Employees International Union Secretary-Treasurer Anna Burger, the administration announced.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies