Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2009, 06:45 PM

10,261 posts, read 21,747,586 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Because people who ditched high school to stack cans and wash lettuce for a career deserve 20+ bucks an hour and a pension right?

Why not? They work hard don't they?

Tommy's Laws of Wages, 4th Law----You're obliged to value hard work by performing it but I'm not obliged to value hard work by paying for it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2009, 06:47 PM

50,255 posts, read 47,017,746 times
The truth is Unions have completely re-written the books for Public Servants. The word should be erased from the books as PUs are the new upper middle class and wealthy. There are two Union jobs that fit my definition of organized labor, Police and Fire of which I am a backer of. Everyone else? Come on, how many bullets are being fired at Union landscapers?

Let's just be honest about it and call it what it is, a type of extortion to create wealth. You balk, we strike!

Old 02-11-2009, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishtom29 View Post
Why not? They work hard don't they?

Tommy's Laws of Wages, 4th Law----You're obliged to value hard work by performing it but I'm not obliged to value hard work by paying for it.
Unions are about 15 percent of the population. Please explain to me why you deserve twice the wage of everyone else for the same job?

It's extortion and the declines in the numbers keep coming.

If you aren't getting shot at you really don't need representation. Come on.

Be glad of what you have but you are kidding yourself if you think you deserve to live better than everyone else.

For the same job.

Old 02-11-2009, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Don't forget, Joe blows like me are the people paying for your wages. We shouldn't have to pay 20 bucks and hour and bennies for someone to stack cans, slide a can across a code reader or chase shopping carts.....blah, blah, blah

The entitlement mentality is off the charts.

You're the guy who talks like he's entitled. Maybe if you got off your dead ass and made something of yourself you wouldn't feel the need to hold the other guy down.

Old 02-11-2009, 06:52 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,400,633 times
current hard right mantra corporations and government will take care of you mr labor dont worry you dont need any silly unions, come on in pedro ill show you what to do, welcome subcontractors where you from sinoloa? no problem, whats that? dont speak english? got here last week? dont worry the translator be here in a second. my gosh with this subcontract savings i can wear gold plated underwear a new BMW and send jr to hawaii again this year yahoo!!!

Old 02-11-2009, 06:54 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,563,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post

Now, why would the unions have it in for walmart? Because for years and years they have been trying to unionize the workers, who reject the union over and over again.
Really? I thought it WAS the workers who were trying to unionize & the CEO's who were saying helll noooo? And I didn't hear about the benefit thing from a liberal.

Old 02-11-2009, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishtom29 View Post
You're the guy who talks like he's entitled. Maybe if you got off your dead ass and made something of yourself you wouldn't feel the need to hold the other guy down.
Ha, I'm a contract employee that makes 6 figures because my talent says I'm worth it. You couldn't do my job but I'm pretty sure I could do yours can stacker.

Old 02-11-2009, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Unions are about 15 percent of the population. Please explain to me why you deserve twice the wage of everyone else for the same job?

It's extortion and the declines in the numbers keep coming.

We deserve more because we can get it, conservative economic theory teaches that talent chases money, thus higher union wages attract to best talent to union jobs.

As for extortion, since we're only 15% of the workforce where would that power come from? Nope, must be because we're smarter

Tommy's Laws of Labor Relations, Law 2----When businessmen band together in corporations and make more money it's good business and the American Dream, when workers band together in unions and make more money it's extortion and Communism.

Is this over your head?

Last edited by Irishtom29; 02-11-2009 at 07:05 PM..

Old 02-11-2009, 07:00 PM

4,494 posts, read 7,480,453 times
Quote:
Ha, I'm a contract employee that makes 6 figures because my talent says I'm worth it. You couldn't do my job but I'm pretty sure I could do yours can stacker.
Yeah, i take it you make 250,000.01. Are you insecure because of a "communist-president" residing in the W.H. threatening to tax more of your income and "spread the wealth"? Hence the name "1AngryTaxPayer"?...

The irony is rich.

Old 02-11-2009, 07:01 PM

Quote:

Sure, sure. You're not really a loser, you just have the attitude of one.

If you had it made as you say you do you'd be relaxed and gracious and full of good will for other workers.

But you're frustrated and powerless. And weak. So weak you pick on those below you rather than confront those above you.

Union guys like me, we confront the powerful not the weak.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies