Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2009, 04:47 PM

4,538 posts, read 4,814,620 times

Advertisements

A few thousand temporary construction jobs and a few handouts will not fix the job problem. Maybe the crash will be postponed for a year, but we can't do a trillion dollar 'stimulus' every year. If we want to re-establish ourselves as world leaders in the economic sense, we need for the permanent good paying jobs to return, otherwise we will be reduced immensely. The financial sector was propping up the economy, providing trillions in funny money, that people spent willy-nilly, providing work millions of jobs. Now it's all gone, and the 'real' jobs like tech and manufacturing are not being done by Americans. We will soon be reduced to a third world country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2009, 04:49 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,457,092 times
i agree we export a lot of jobs, but they are about to import a bunch of mexican nurses in TX because again americans do not want these jobs. what part of i dont wana work dont we understand. if you wanted these jobs why are we not taking them, why was new orleans rebuilt by mexican people.
that is why mexican people are here they got work ethic and we lost ours.

Old 02-15-2009, 04:52 PM

2,265 posts, read 3,734,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRAMERCAT View Post
A few thousand temporary construction jobs and a few handouts will not fix the job problem. Maybe the crash will be postponed for a year, but we can't do a trillion dollar 'stimulus' every year. If we want to re-establish ourselves as world leaders in the economic sense, we need for the permanent good paying jobs to return, otherwise we will be reduced immensely. The financial sector was propping up the economy, providing trillions in funny money, that people spent willy-nilly, providing work millions of jobs. Now it's all gone, and the 'real' jobs like tech and manufacturing are not being done by Americans. We will soon be reduced to a third world country.
Will never happen.
The only way is to lower the middle class standard of living so we can compete with the rest of the world and that is what's happening right now.

Old 02-15-2009, 04:59 PM

6,205 posts, read 7,464,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
i agree we export a lot of jobs, but they are about to import a bunch of mexican nurses in TX because again americans do not want these jobs. what part of i dont wana work dont we understand...
I don't wana work for the crapy money you pay me and disrespect you show every day! I don't wana work cause I cannot make a living from what you pay. I have mortgage and kids to send to collage. Take the millions you pay top executives and divide it among people who do the job with patients day and night and then give us a call.

Old 02-15-2009, 05:12 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,894,387 times
From what i have seen they wouldn't be calling you anytime soon. Might want to get another line of business. Chnage with the times.

Old 02-15-2009, 05:25 PM

7,359 posts, read 10,282,499 times
Quote:
i agree we export a lot of jobs, but they are about to import a bunch of mexican nurses in TX because again americans do not want these jobs. what part of i dont wana work dont we understand. if you wanted these jobs why are we not taking them, why was new orleans rebuilt by mexican people.
Nonsense. They're importing nurses, and sub-standard nurses at that, from Third World nations because they can pay them less. Americans deserve to be paid a salary that allows them to get ahead in life. And nurses--upon whom lives depend--should be paid a very good wage. Instead, they are exploited and, as such, the enrollment in nursing school has gone down.

New Orleans was built by illegal workers because construction companies didn't want to pay Americans a fair wage.

Mexican people don't have any greater work ethic than Americans. If they did, their nation would be working a bit better, wouldn't it?

Old 02-15-2009, 05:30 PM

773 posts, read 1,215,786 times
All this sounds like is many Americans need to get off their lazy asses and start businesses to compete with unethical businesses, by providing better quality products and better service. Maybe I'm alone on this one but I would be willing to pay more to achieve a higher level of consumer satisfaction.
Question is how many whiners are willing to meet my challenge?

Last edited by mcmastersteve; 02-15-2009 at 06:39 PM..

Old 02-15-2009, 10:07 PM

4,538 posts, read 4,814,620 times
Quote:
The Mexicans generally seem to be hard working individuals, and they tend to do manual labor jobs for less than Americans are willing to. However the hospitals can't pay for example a Filipino nurse a lower wage than an American nurse at the same hospital without breaking some sort of law.
The same applies for the Indian information technology workers, except that they can get around it sometimes by going thru 'offshore' who are in contact with 'onshore' Indian workers. The American manufacturing industries need some sort of help to get started again, unless we want our endless debt to be held by the Chinese.

Old 02-15-2009, 10:54 PM

4,906 posts, read 6,850,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paullySC View Post
Will never happen.
The only way is to lower the middle class standard of living so we can compete with the rest of the world and that is what's happening right now.
That is the problem with our counter parts on the right. They want to further deteriorate the middle class.

Old 02-15-2009, 10:55 PM

6,885 posts, read 11,249,758 times
Smile Stop outsourcing

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRAMERCAT View Post
I'm on your side. How can we little people get the ear of SOMEONE in Washington on this one?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies