Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2009, 06:17 PM

26 posts, read 19,107 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
Sounds to ME like you're flirting with a VERY controversial subject here. It ALMOST sounds like you're saying that race plays a part in one's fortunes in American society...but because it is, theoretically, a "free" society, that PERSONAL BEHAVIOR might ALSO play a part..and that actions, good or bad, have consequences, positive or negative....and that prejudice exists, but its power to 'hurt' is partially in the hands of its victims...and regardless of the past, that "living well is the best revenge".

If that's what you're saying, you MIGHT get some fallout....

America aside, why is it that the Black man has failed in every corner of the world in which they inhabit? Whether it be a majority-Black country in Africa or a Black minority in the United States or the U.K... this one group has contributed nothing in the form of science and technology to the modern world... I think it is a racial thing.

Somehow inconvenient truths are ignored rather than studied, hopelessly deadlocking any solution for decades.

Old 02-19-2009, 06:28 PM

12,964 posts, read 13,684,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomJones1980 View Post
America side, why is it that the Black man has failed in every corner of the world in which they inhabit? Whether it be a majority-Black country in Africa or a Black minority in the United States or the U.K... this one group has contributed nothing in the form of science and technology to the modern world... I think it is a racial thing.

Somehow inconvenient truths are ignored rather than studied, hopelessly deadlocking any solution for decades.
contributed NOTHING?
Look up George Washington Carver- Inventor of Industirial Agriculture ,crop rotation
Benjamin Banneker, inventor ,Astronomer, the Almanac, traffic light, Finnished the design of Washington DC after LeEnfant ran out on Jefferson, who invented heart transplant, blood transfusions , internal oiling engine (the real McCoy?, McCoy was Black) before I get exausted and off topic, just google up Black scientist and inventors, most of the contributions blacks made to America and the world are in the field of Science ,

Old 02-19-2009, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
contributed NOTHING?
Look up George Washington Carver- Inventor of Industirial Agriculture ,crop rotation
Benjamin Banneker, inventor ,Astronomer, the Almanac, traffic light, Finnished the design of Washington DC after LeEnfant ran out on Jefferson, who invented heart transplant, blood transfusions , internal oiling engine (the real McCoy?, McCoy was Black) before I get exausted and off topic, just google up Black scientist and inventors, most of the contributions blacks made to America and the world are in the field of Science ,
Excuse me but do you have any inventions from a Black-African from Africa, not a Black person educated in a White country?

Furthermore, I would hardly call mashing up peanuts some sort of technological breakthrough that would rival the combustion engine or light bulb.

Old 02-19-2009, 07:08 PM

18,131 posts, read 25,300,410 times
Quote:
America aside, why is it that the Black man has failed in every corner of the world in which they inhabit? Whether it be a majority-Black country in Africa or a Black minority in the United States or the U.K... this one group has contributed nothing in the form of science and technology to the modern world... I think it is a racial thing.
Excellent example of .... let's call it "racist-ignorance"

You are completely ignoring the time up to 1875 when slavery was legal and 1875-1965 when it was legal to have laws to discriminate against black people.

If a black person came up with a good idea before 1965 in the US. I bet anything that a white person would take it, claim to be his, say the black person is trying to steal from him, throw the black person in jail.

Here's a few important things that have been done by black people in History:
The Black Inventor Online Museum

BTW, the famous greek philosophy has its roots in Egypt (Africa)
Greek Philosophy: Pre-Socratic Philosophy (http://wsu.edu/~dee/GREECE/PRESOC.HTM - broken link)

What we generally call "Greek philosophy" was almost certainly derived by the Greeks from Egyptian culture, particularly natural science (physics and math) which preoccupied Greek thought up to the time of Plato. The Greeks seem also to have derived much of their philosophical theology from the Egyptians as well. These are not modern interpretations of Greek philosophy; the ancient Greeks themselves claim without dissension that their philosophy comes from Egypt. Whether the Greeks travelled to Egypt or whether the Egyptians colonized or visited Greece at some point (which is what the ancient Greeks thought) is a difficult question to answer

And YES, egyptians were dark, brown, whatever you want to call them.

Old 02-19-2009, 07:20 PM

18,131 posts, read 25,300,410 times
Quote:
Excuse me but do you have any inventions from a Black-African from Africa, not a Black person educated in a White country?
You talk as if any black person before 1970 could get good grades and then go to any school that he chose with a scholarship and then go and get a job in any company because "racism died in 1875"

Most people think that Greek civilization is the source of Western civilization,
guess where the greeks went to educate themselves? EGYPT
http://www.philipcoppens.com/egyptgreece.html

Old 02-19-2009, 07:23 PM

12,964 posts, read 13,684,417 times
Quote:

Furthermore, I would hardly call mashing up peanuts some sort of technological breakthrough that would rival the combustion engine or lighbulb.
black inventors educated them selves, George Carver discovered that you could get industrial and Commercial products from agricutural products,(Ethenol?) J. Gregory invented a Motor, speaking of engines Henry Ford offered Carver $200,00 to come work for him, Carver turned him down , Although this is the right month for THIS discusion it's the wrong thread
http://www.littleafrica.com/resources/inventors.htm

Old 02-19-2009, 08:24 PM

2,340 posts, read 4,632,808 times
You need to take a course in World History.

If you think Europeans invented written language and the wheel.... there is really nothing more to be said.

Quote:
Correct me if I'm wrong but Whites are a minority in the world, comprising less than 13% of the world's population. By 2050 there will be more people in Africa alone than the World's entire White population... Hell, nearly half the world's population is in Asia.

Also -- in predominately Black countries is there Black privilege?

And finally, don't African-Americans have the highest standard of living in the world compared to Blacks in overwhelmingly Black countries? Seems to me that things can't be too tough considering they are benefiting from living in a majority-White built country -- with amenities that Whites created such as a written language, wheel, electricity, etc (When European explorers went to inland Africa these people were still hunting large game with spear)... and are able to live under a rule of law where conditions are relatively safe.

Old 02-19-2009, 08:26 PM

2,340 posts, read 4,632,808 times
This person doesn't realize that Egypt is in AFrica. Let it go.

Old 02-19-2009, 08:33 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,643,191 times
Holy crap, I left for several hours and come back to stormfront.

Now that is a damn shame, I thought for awhile there we were collectively getting somewhere...

Old 02-19-2009, 08:57 PM

I see a lot of non-sequitar but does anyone know an invention from a Black person educated in a Black-majority country in Africa?

I mean, you have literally millions of European and Asian inventions.. how hard could this be?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies