Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2009, 06:55 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,306,967 times

Advertisements

The reason this thread was started was to give the liberals another chance to bash Bush and blame Republicans, since facing the reality that Bush is now gone, and placing the blame where it belongs, on the Democrats (the CRA and the mishandling of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac) isn't in their playbook.

Also, blaming Obama for doing exactly what they criticized Bush for (out of control spending x10 to the nth power) certainly cannot be tolerated either. Therefore it will be necessary to blame GWB for the next 4 years (at least) no matter what Obama does. Of course, they can always fall back on blaming Ronald Reagan if blaming Bush doesn't get them any brownie points.

This is aslo known as "crying in your beer". It's too bad that Obama isn't turning out to be the savior that they had hoped for.

So far, everything the Messiah is doing is going to multiply our problems, and at least one pair of analysts believe it's only a matter of time before al-Qaeda hits us again, because of the message the new administration is sending. (FrontPage Magazine today, AWOL in the War on Terror, by Dick Morris and Eileen McGann).
FrontPage Magazine
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2009, 07:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mental_complex View Post
Nothing. DEC 2007 America went into Recession; Bush said America was still growing. If Bush was still in office I'm sure we would be in a great depression, while Bush says America is only in a mild recession.
It's funny that during the last year of the Clinton administration when America was in a "mild recession", the left refused to acknowledge it. That is until Bush took office; then they blamed Bush for it.

This time, it is definitely the former Presidents recession.

Funny how things change depending on which Party is in office.

Old 02-20-2009, 07:08 AM

1,465 posts, read 4,059,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
Anyone care to speculate what George Bush would have done for the economy if he somehow would have stayed in office?
he would have outsourced all the foreclosures to India and given a huge tax break to the banks...he would have made the U.S worker compete with the foreign worker for Better wages and benefits...then he would have gone on vacation with Cheney for target practice.

Old 02-20-2009, 07:10 AM

17,764 posts, read 39,731,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
The reason this thread was started was to give the liberals another chance to bash Bush and blame Republicans, since facing the reality that Bush is now gone, and placing the blame where it belongs, on the Democrats (the CRA and the mishandling of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac) isn't in their playbook.

Also, blaming Obama for doing exactly what they criticized Bush for (out of control spending x10 to the nth power) certainly cannot be tolerated either. Therefore it will be necessary to blame GWB for the next 4 years (at least) no matter what Obama does. Of course, they can always fall back on blaming Ronald Reagan if blaming Bush doesn't get them any brownie points.

This is aslo known as "crying in your beer". It's too bad that Obama isn't turning out to be the savior that they had hoped for.

So far, everything the Messiah is doing is going to multiply our problems, and at least one pair of analysts believe it's only a matter of time before al-Qaeda hits us again, because of the message the new administration is sending. (FrontPage Magazine today, AWOL in the War on Terror, by Dick Morris and Eileen McGann).
FrontPage Magazine
I keep hearing a hum ....

Old 02-20-2009, 07:10 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,783,759 times
I think Bush or his clone McCain would have bailed out the bankers and let everything else collapse while blaming the Democratic Congress for the economic bubble bursting.

Old 02-20-2009, 07:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vette-dude View Post
Unfortunately most of america knows that was "not" his specialty...If I were to throw a dart at his topic I would have to say the Iraq war was his primary goal in his tenure as President...that's good for it's purpose but then again our economy suffered due to not being placed on his short list of priorities...
And your specialty is definitely not intelligent well thought out political commentary.

Old 02-20-2009, 08:04 AM

11,078 posts, read 15,080,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcmastersteve View Post
'Stay the course', and blame it on the terrorists.

Old 02-20-2009, 09:00 AM

10,545 posts, read 13,585,253 times
I doubt he would have handled very well either. That's no reason to praise Obama right now. I guess Bush did do okay with the recession that was in place when he took office though.

Old 02-20-2009, 09:03 AM

4,563 posts, read 4,101,921 times
Give the top one percent another tax cut in hopes of more trickle down success since it worked so well in 01 and 03

Old 02-20-2009, 09:05 AM

10,757 posts, read 35,437,415 times
I just don't get how you can blame the Democrats for this recession when Bush a Republican just got out of office after 8 years. It was his handling of our country that brought us where we are. It was his use of money to bail out Iraq that brought us where we are, rather then thinking of the American people first AND to add insult to injury he develops Iraq/terrorist Terets syndrome in order to cover up his personal agenda.

I honestly have to question the sanity of anyone that can stick their head in the sand and pretend what I have said is not true. Covering your ears and eyes doesn't mean its not still happening. Bush dragged this country to a place it hasn't been since the Great Depression of 29.

When we have Democrats in office there is a surplus in monies because they don't run about the world chest thumping begging to start a war, rather they concentrate on the American tax payer. Why should MY tax money go to take care of people elsewhere when MY PEOPLE right here at home are suffering.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies