Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-21-2009, 05:36 AM

2,159 posts, read 2,583,692 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom View Post
Since it's so taboo to hit the ever so fragile female sex

What does a women have to do, so that a punch from a male to a female be justifiable to society?
It is never OK to punch someone - unless it is purely in self-defence...

Not sure what you're getting at.... To me, hitting a woman other than in self-defence, is a case of assault.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2009, 07:44 AM

11,078 posts, read 15,082,780 times
[quote=mrbob;7560450]It is never OK to punch someone - unless it is purely in self-defence...

quote]
Unless it's your brother and he gets the last pork chop at dinner....I think that is legal around here.....................................

Old 02-21-2009, 08:30 AM

2,242 posts, read 6,241,918 times
What if she went psycho and started hitting your kids to no ends?

Old 02-21-2009, 08:45 AM

3,645 posts, read 4,926,999 times
When is it okay to hit a woman?

I would say when that woman is Nancy Pelosi!!!!

Old 02-21-2009, 09:45 AM

12,669 posts, read 20,449,229 times
Quote:
You freaking morons.
I said hit, not abuse.

Hit is a hit... A punch, a kick, a slap.
Abuse is making another fear you through negativity over a period of time.

Seems like a bunch of feminist elitist ganged up on me.

You ask why it's a male female thing?

Isn't it obvious? What world do you live in?

A women legitimately harms a man and they praise her, calling the man a wuss, laugh, blah blah blah, and society goes on.

But if it's the other way around the man is always punished.
No a Punch, slap, kick is domestic violence! And that "IS" abuse!

Old 02-21-2009, 11:15 AM

2,242 posts, read 6,241,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
No a Punch, slap, kick is domestic violence! And that "IS" abuse!
But if a woman does it to a guy it's ignored.

Old 02-21-2009, 12:04 PM

3,650 posts, read 9,213,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLAZER PROPHET View Post
About 6 years ago my brother was asleep in bed. His wife attacked him and stabbed him several times with a pair of scissors. Not really sure what was going on since he was asleep, he lept up and swung, striking her and breaking her nose. He was sentenced to jail for 90 days and she was remanded for mental counseling 2 times per week.

Moral of the story: Unless you want to go to jail, do not ever strike a woman.
Our brilliant legal system strikes again

Generally speaking, you shouldn't hit ANYONE unless provoked/attacked. If you ARE attacked, the attacker has NO right to whine about a counter-attack. Any judge/jury who penalizes the counter-attacker should be overturned, disbarred and/or never allowed to participate in any legal decisions on someone else ever again.

PS and in fairness, this is a rare occurance - it should go without saying that a man should avoid such a situation if at all possible. But the idea of being able to do whatever you want to someone w/o a similar counter because of your gender is sexist, and because of being weaker than someone as a valid excuse is idiotic on a massive scale.

Good grief. I am so sick to death of the lack of common sense in this country I could puke.

Old 02-21-2009, 12:06 PM

3,650 posts, read 9,213,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by purpleglasses View Post
Why ask this question?

Dude, I'm glad I'm not your wife or girlfriend.
Curiousity?

Because it's a controversial topic and this is the controversial topic forum?

Old 02-21-2009, 12:10 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,153,076 times
Quote:
No, it is not ignored IF it's reported.
See, it's like this, if no one KNOWS about it...it will be unknown, NOT ignored.
IF you call the police and tell them you were attacked or harmed they will not ignore it, they will come and investigate ...if they don't know about it it's quite difficult for them to do anything about it.

Old 02-21-2009, 12:13 PM

3,813 posts, read 4,915,884 times
Quote:
Women do go to jail for domestic violence. Not in the same numbers as men but it does happen.

Listen Venom, your thread and your responses have led me to believe that you hit a woman/girl and your ASSets landed in jail. If this happened and you want to know when it's ok to hit a woman so that you can justify your actions, you're not going to get that here. The consensus is it's never ok to hit a woman. If you did and you did get in trouble with the law, good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies