Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-25-2009, 01:08 PM

3,089 posts, read 8,514,508 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
It came from typing random keys on the keyboard actually haha. I don't know what I was thinking that day. It actually can be pronounced though...I'm shocked the random letters made a pattern that can be.

Anyway I haven't done A LOT of research on the subject...that is true. But I DO have my opinions and much people have far harsher opinions on the subject than me and far harsher opinions on homosexuality in general. I'm not against gays...I'm simply against gay people starting families together. That's the bottom line.
You may be against it but I am sure the child without a home could careless as long as they are placed with a loving family. With all the research you have done have you ever seen any documentaries with gay parents and their kids?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2009, 01:14 PM

3,089 posts, read 8,514,508 times
Quote:
So if you give testerone hormones to a teenage boy or an adult man who is gay, could that alter his sexuality? Or if you give estrogen hormones to a lesbian?

Or is it only when you're still in the womb?
Actually it is quite common for transsexuals to change their sexual orientation when they begin hormone treatment. Not saying most or all but I am saying it isn't rare.

Old 02-25-2009, 01:15 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,699,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitokenshi View Post
I stated a couple pages back that the amount of testosterone and estrogen you receive in the womb affects your sexuality. There is very very strong evidence to support that. There was a whole documentary on discovery health on it.
Yeah, I agree. It's looking more and more like sexual orientation is determined by hormonal levels in the womb.

Old 02-25-2009, 01:20 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,699,815 times
Quote:
So if you give testerone hormones to a teenage boy or an adult man who is gay, could that alter his sexuality? Or if you give estrogen hormones to a lesbian?

It's only when a baby is still in the womb because hormonal levels affect how the brain develops. Once it's developed, that's it. It's a done deal.

Giving hormone shots to try to change an adult's sexual orientation has been tried. If anything - at least with gay men - it increases their sexual appetites for gay sex, it doesn't change who they're attracted to.

Old 02-25-2009, 01:21 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,481,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
It's only when a baby is still in the womb because hormonal levels affect how the brain develops. Once it's developed, that's it. It's a done deal.

Giving hormone shots to try to change an adult's sexual orientation has been tried. If anything - at least with gay men - it increases their sexual appetites for gay sex, it doesn't change who they're attracted to.
I'm interested in this actually. According to nitokenshi, it actually can change their sexual orientation. I'm wondering which one of you is correct?

Old 02-25-2009, 01:24 PM

I should also mention my general beliefs against homosexuality and gay marriage are different. I'm against homosexuality in general...but I'm also against fornication, adultery, cohabitation, etc. (I specifically mentioned I am not proud of some of my own behavior)

I, however, do NOT think those should be legislated. Nor do I think homosexuality should be legislated, other than in the context of gay marriage and gay adoption.

Old 02-25-2009, 01:25 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,650,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitokenshi View Post
Again you start about how a majority of people who are in a polygamist relationship are pedophiles and abusers with nothing to back it up. At least the gay basher is pulling out the bible.
Insults -- that is all you got?

I say again - make up your own thread (it is very easy to do) about the benefits of polygamy and back it up with studies from nonbiased sources.

If you cannot do that, then your only purpose in this thread is to muddy the waters.

Old 02-25-2009, 01:27 PM

14,164 posts, read 27,255,324 times
Quote:
It came from typing random keys on the keyboard actually haha. I don't know what I was thinking that day. It actually can be pronounced though...I'm shocked the random letters made a pattern that can be.

Anyway I haven't done A LOT of research on the subject...that is true. But I DO have my opinions and much people have far harsher opinions on the subject than me and far harsher opinions on homosexuality in general. I'm not against gays...I'm simply against gay people starting families together. That's the bottom line.
Not that many, but some gay people do- I'm a perfect example. Why is it of concern to you? Would you support a far-right agenday to remove children from their homes if their parents are gay?

Old 02-25-2009, 01:28 PM

14,164 posts, read 27,255,324 times
Quote:

I believe if you give testosterone to a teenage boy, he'll be alone in the bathroom the rest of the day

Old 02-25-2009, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
Not that many, but some gay people do- I'm a perfect example. Why is it of concern to you? Would you support a far-right agenday to remove children from their homes if their parents are gay?
No. There's no way I would EVER consider removing children from homes if they were already there. Anything I'd want would be to keep them from being put there in the future....but I wouldn't take them out if they were there already.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies