Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2009, 09:06 PM

3,555 posts, read 7,850,710 times

Advertisements

Each day I wake up and thank Ra (the sun god) for all the blessings that the Republican party continues to give to the Democrats who are trying to put the country back on a straight course.

Some of the people and ideas that I'm glad to see still out there, helping to narrow the Republican party down to just a few southern states, with a rabid group of ineffective leaders and followers:

Mitch McConnell-I really have to be careful how I talk about Kentuckians because Mrs. golfgod is one, but this guy represents the "ideal" of the slow talking, slow (if done at all) thinking southern idiot.

Mark Sanford-governor SC-a faster talking version of McConnell

Jim Bunning-OMFG, talk about "losing a yard off your fastball", this guy epitomizes the saying. Even Kentucky Rs are actively looking to get him off the ticket in '12 or they can count this seat as GONZO.

Sarah Palin-I probably don't need to expand on why, but let's just start with the lies, the "Newt Gingrich" in a dress and the general snarkiness.

O'Reilly, Limbaugh and Hannity-as long as these three are calling the tune it's pretty well assured that no self respecting, thinking person will want to be allied with the Rs.

Charlie Crist-Seems like a principled, honest, thinking man. I love how his party keeps trashing him for WATCHING OUT FOR HIS CONSTITUENTS. The more they do this the more it marginalizes the R party.

Arnold Swartzenegger-same as Crist

Arlen Spector-same as above

Susan Collins-yep

The New York Post-

Everyone in the Republican party who refuses to acknowledge ANYTHING said or done by any other member REGARDLESS OF HOW EGREGIOUSLY RACIST it may have been, as being racist. Apparently even the use of the N word doesn't rise to the point of being racist when used by one R to another. They just trot out the "I didn't know that was racist", or "if anyone was offended" line. And (as will show up in the first 5 or so replies to this post) then call their accusers "racist" for having raised the issue.

Michell Bachmann-anytime any of the mouth breathing, truly NUTTY AS A FRUITCAKE members of the party get on camera it's always good for the other side

This is just a start to the list. I'm sure others will add on as they see fit.

golfgod
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2009, 11:51 PM

4,714 posts, read 8,462,246 times
You left out Sen. Shelby of Alabama. With today's news, he has officially turned himself into a member of the politically endangered species - the mindlessly obstructionist minority member:
Senator questions Obama eligibility
http://www.cullmantimes.com/local/lo...052203445.html

Old 02-24-2009, 04:56 AM

16,259 posts, read 24,766,887 times
Charlie Crist-Seems like a principled, honest, thinking man. I love how his party keeps trashing him for WATCHING OUT FOR HIS CONSTITUENTS. The more they do this the more it marginalizes the R party.

Susan Collins-yep

These people are already being threatened by the Republicans who are essentially being led by Rush Laimbaugh and Sean Hannity. Susan Collins has been called very vile names by the Republicans and they say they are going to "primary" her. And they said that Charlie Chirst can forget any plans he has for the Presidency. I would gladly trade "Traitor Joe" for these 2!

Old 02-24-2009, 05:32 AM

4,897 posts, read 8,319,404 times
That's a great list. I to have been completely baffled by the Washington Republicans attacking the state level Republicans for actually acknowledging that Obama's stimulus bill helps them and their constituents. Or rather, sadly, I haven't been baffled because it is abundantly clear the national Republicans just want to obstruct and don't give a damn about actually doing anything constructive which helps the nation.

Old 02-24-2009, 05:45 AM

266 posts, read 402,540 times
Republicans are racist and democrats are thieves.

Old 02-24-2009, 05:46 AM

5,238 posts, read 8,794,068 times
As someone living in SC, I'd like to give personal thanks to Mark Sanford. He makes the Democrats in this state look better and better every day! SC has already had to go to the Federal government twice this year asking for unemployment money, and now Sanford has decided to take stimulus money (http://www.thestate.com/business/story/694418.html - broken link) he fought so hard against. WTF??? South Carolina: another state full of people who like to sing the praises of small Federal Government, while taking Federal money from the people of other states.

Thanks, Mark Sanford!!!! Your decision to put your face in the national media spotlight really highlights your and your party's hypocrisy! Good luck in 2012!

Old 02-24-2009, 05:49 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,129,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfgod View Post
Each day I wake up and thank Ra (the sun god) for all the blessings that the Republican party continues to give to the Democrats who are trying to put the country back on a straight course.

Some of the people and ideas that I'm glad to see still out there, helping to narrow the Republican party down to just a few southern states, with a rabid group of ineffective leaders and followers:

Mitch McConnell-I really have to be careful how I talk about Kentuckians because Mrs. golfgod is one, but this guy represents the "ideal" of the slow talking, slow (if done at all) thinking southern idiot.

Mark Sanford-governor SC-a faster talking version of McConnell

Jim Bunning-OMFG, talk about "losing a yard off your fastball", this guy epitomizes the saying. Even Kentucky Rs are actively looking to get him off the ticket in '12 or they can count this seat as GONZO.

Sarah Palin-I probably don't need to expand on why, but let's just start with the lies, the "Newt Gingrich" in a dress and the general snarkiness.

O'Reilly, Limbaugh and Hannity-as long as these three are calling the tune it's pretty well assured that no self respecting, thinking person will want to be allied with the Rs.

Susan Collins-yep

The New York Post-

Everyone in the Republican party who refuses to acknowledge ANYTHING said or done by any other member REGARDLESS OF HOW EGREGIOUSLY RACIST it may have been, as being racist. Apparently even the use of the N word doesn't rise to the point of being racist when used by one R to another. They just trot out the "I didn't know that was racist", or "if anyone was offended" line. And (as will show up in the first 5 or so replies to this post) then call their accusers "racist" for having raised the issue.

Michell Bachmann-anytime any of the mouth breathing, truly NUTTY AS A FRUITCAKE members of the party get on camera it's always good for the other side

This is just a start to the list. I'm sure others will add on as they see fit.

golfgod

"Just when you think we finally heard the single most outrageous Republican excuse for trying to obstruct President Obama's agenda for change, something like this comes along."

Republican Congresswoman Michele Bachmann, a national GOP figure, actually said that one of her excuses for 'just saying no' to President Obama's economic recovery bill was because "we're running out of rich people in this country."

Yes, put this whackadoodle on the ticket with Palin and you've got a match made in heaven. A scenario right out of a really bad comedy movie.

Old 02-24-2009, 06:35 AM

1,382 posts, read 2,386,095 times
I cant believe we let people that think like this walk the streets.
These are hate crimes and should be punished.

Old 02-24-2009, 06:41 AM

robertjohnson wrote;
Quote:
I cant believe we let people that think like this walk the streets.
Hmmm, maybe that's why their constituents voted them into office. Fewer sharp instruments in the congress than on the streets.

Quote:
These are hate crimes and should be punished.
By definition (by the Rs) it's impossible for an R to commit a hate crime.

It's odd that not only are they out there, they're supposed "leaders" of the R party.

golfgod

Old 02-24-2009, 06:44 AM

The more I see of him the more I think Rick ("if it's good for deriviatives traders, it's good for America") Santelli should be on the list. Now I see he's buddied up with George ("I firmly believe we have the right to shoot Federal agents") Liddy. There's nothing more laughable than hearing two rich, white guys with microphones complain how they have no power.

golfgod
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies