Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2009, 07:55 AM

2,600 posts, read 2,324,754 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
Let's see. Obama is alienating investors, DOW and S&P are dropping to record numbers, unemployment will probably reach 15% before 2012 and people are becoming more and more frustrated. When people realize that Obama will not be able to do anything he promised, they will just vote for anything different. Kind of the same logic that got Obama elected.
Tell everyone in the forum here how you think jindal is better, other than bashing obama. there are many threads that bash obama, you're trying to do the same here. hijacking. jindal is a proven liar, how would he ever hope to represent/lead the republican party after people have found him out? or, is the republican party used to having liars represent their party? in my lifetime, only one republican leader/president has inspired me, as short as it was (the inspiration part) was reagan. he was only a so so actor, but did some things as president which are memorable/favorable.
how do you think the republican party can re-invent itself with the present leadership? I think they're still trying to find the way. and I don't think "you da man" is going to cut it. I think conservative black americans can see this for what it is, hollow.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2009, 07:57 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,521,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highdesertmutz View Post
are these people natually ignorant or what?
They are, but they are still smarter then their supporters. If you notice how that party works, it all votes in unison. Kind of like the Mafia, someone at the top gives the orders, and the rest fulfill them without thinking.

Kind of like those who vote for them, an ability to understand things and think independently are not necessary. It's why they are headed for permanent minority status.

The party of Southern White Males is bankrupt of ideas and solutions.

Old 02-28-2009, 08:00 AM

5,643 posts, read 9,661,046 times
The Christian Republican Party. That is where they went wrong 30 years ago. They lost sight of who they were when they were hijacked by a small group of extremists who because their base and dictated policies. Enough of that. Focus on economic issues and leave religions and "family values" up to individual people.

Old 02-28-2009, 08:03 AM

4,604 posts, read 8,231,864 times
I received one of their requests to survey, asking what I thought they could do at the grassroots level to re-build the party. I suggested they review the Libertarian Party platform as a place to start.

Old 02-28-2009, 08:19 AM

9,059 posts, read 12,971,196 times
Things will get SO bad, I'm definitely going to go out on a limb and say a 3rd party will easily get as many or MORE votes than Perot received in 1992. If not by one candidate, the combined group of all 3rd parties will reach this amount.

Of course, tin foil hat vote stealing paranoia propagandists will claim they're hurting the election by siphoning votes from one party or another.

Old 02-28-2009, 08:27 AM

31,387 posts, read 37,048,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViewFromThePeak View Post
Things will get SO bad, I'm definitely going to go out on a limb and say a 3rd party will easily get as many or MORE votes than Perot received in 1992. If not by one candidate, the combined group of all 3rd parties will reach this amount.

Of course, tin foil hat vote stealing paranoia propagandists will claim they're hurting the election by siphoning votes from one party or another.
Here's the problem, those who desire a "third party" are so disparate in their political perspective that counting on some nebulous "We Don't Like The Other Two Parties Party" is a train wreck waiting to happen.

Another misnomer is the whole concept of a "third Party." There is no shortage of non-Democatic/Republican Parties in the country that cover a wide spectrum of political philosophies.

Old 02-28-2009, 08:28 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,815,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
The Republican party is already reinventing itself. When 2012 comes, people will be so fed up with Obama, all his BS about change and hope and once again, history will repeat itself. I think Jindal will be a very strong candidate for being non-White and also for being very intelligent. I believe Jindal and/or even Sarah Palin could defeat Obama in 2012.
Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha!:

Is that why the CPAC in finishing up their convention with Rush Limbaugh?

Old 02-28-2009, 08:30 AM

9,059 posts, read 12,971,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Here's the problem, those who desire a "third party" are so disparate in their political perspective that counting on some nebulous "We Don't Like The Other Two Parties Party" is a train wreck waiting to happen.
American citizens (the sane ones anyway) have always been relatively non-conformist in nature (although we've veered off the road a tiny bit recently), so third parties fit naturally into the framework.

Old 02-28-2009, 08:37 AM

31,387 posts, read 37,048,770 times
We've got the Messiah(sic), and they are wandering around the Desert being lead by Shep, Curly and Moe while looking for Moses.

Old 02-28-2009, 09:56 AM

358 posts, read 472,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha!:

Is that why the CPAC in finishing up their convention with Rush Limbaugh?
Damn, you stole my thunder. Good point. The Republicans are in total disaray, they are trotting out all they can find to find direction, from proven liar Jendal, soon to be felon disgraced Delay, hypocritical adultor Newt and the ever present windbags Rush, Beck, Hannity among others.
Then there are the minority leaders in DC...What a trip. Then we got comic relief from Bauchman (You Da Man) who is always good for a laugh at her own party's expense.

I hope they keep driving down the current path. They are digging the hole deeper and deeper. Hilarious. Damn is it good to be a Democrat again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies