Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2009, 10:08 PM

3,047 posts, read 9,030,188 times

Advertisements

Does anyone else notice a profound liberal slant within the actual course material that our students are forced to pound into their heads in order to get A's? I am working on a 2nd degree and have been astounded by the amount of literature that promotes, outwardly, CNN and other liberal trends. I think it would be wise to check out your daughter's and son's textbooks and course material every now and then. If nothing else, you'll find it interesting to see where today's education is leading tomorrow's leaders and followers. And it is undeniable that they are leading them down a liberal path. The question is Why?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2009, 10:13 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,972,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by At1WithNature View Post
Does anyone else notice a profound liberal slant within the actual course material that our students are forced to pound into their heads in order to get A's? I am working on a 2nd degree and have been astounded by the amount of literature that promotes, outwardly, CNN and other liberal trends. I think it would be wise to check out your daughter's and son's textbooks and course material every now and then. If nothing else, you'll find it interesting to see where today's education is leading tomorrow's leaders and followers. And it is undeniable that they are leading them down a liberal path. The question is Why?
It's very deniable...it a bold face lie actually....a right wing myth....to get their base worked up.

As a liberal myself I hope you continue your anti-education..anti-intellectual...anti-reason campaign against educators.

It shows just how radical and debased your party is...LOL

Go for it......be the party that attacks learning, and reason, and rationality.

Old 03-09-2009, 10:17 PM

3,047 posts, read 9,030,188 times
see, that's the purpose of the media. not to unite but to create fraction within the populous. everything is not black versus white. red versus blue. although people are easier to influence when they believe in simple logic such as that. Any respectable person would be liberal on some issues and conservative on others. for the record, i've never voted in my life! Never have, never will. Except when I voted for myself at homecoming. Anyways, the point is that I don't believe in corrupt systems (see Dubya in Florida).

Old 03-09-2009, 10:20 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,972,499 times
Quote:
see, that's the purpose of the media. not to unite but to create fraction within the populous. everything is not black versus white. red versus blue. although people are easier to influence when they believe in simple logic such as that. Any respectable person would be liberal on some issues and conservative on others. for the record, i've never voted in my life! Never have, never will. Except when I voted for myself at homecoming. Anyways, the point is that I don't believe in corrupt systems (see Dubya in Florida).
You don't believe in corrupt systems? I would say you are feeling the effects of corrupt systems at this very moment....and you choose to have no say in the matter by not opting for the lesser of evils.

Old 03-09-2009, 10:28 PM

1,197 posts, read 4,781,529 times
Instead of not voting, go third party. That is the best way to show dissatisfaction.

Old 03-09-2009, 10:36 PM

5,032 posts, read 12,606,184 times
Quote:
The only people who ask your question have never been to college & often resent intellectual pursuits. The fear of "liberal indoctrination" in reality is the fear of truth. Thinking that students are so naive & gullible to not be able to discern the truth suggests a low opinion of self

Old 03-09-2009, 10:41 PM

2,095 posts, read 2,580,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by happ View Post
The only people who ask your question have never been to college & often resent intellectual pursuits. The fear of "liberal indoctrination" in reality is the fear of truth. Thinking that students are so naive & gullible to not be able to discern the truth suggests a low opinion of self
One of my English Literature and Writing professors in college once said that the North Koreans were defending their homeland and the US were the actual invaders during the Korean war. I'm almost positive she was a liberal politically. Is that the "truth" you're talking about? If that is the liberal truth, then I don't want to know it.

Last edited by Bostonian123; 03-09-2009 at 10:46 PM.. Reason: spelling and grammar

Old 03-09-2009, 10:56 PM

3,282 posts, read 5,199,793 times
Sure, most Arts and Humanities teachers will be Liberal because Arts and Humanities are very Liberal areas of study. Social Scientists probably have slightly less of a Liberal slant, I'd say the more "social" in nature the more Liberal. Arts are Liberal. But I wouldn't say that Natural Scientists, Engineers, Mathematicians, etc. are necessarily more or less Liberal than the general population.

People have Liberal professors in a few mandatory classes like English or Sociology or Ethnic and Diversity Studies and assume that the faculty in general has a Liberal curve.

Old 03-09-2009, 11:07 PM

4,906 posts, read 6,844,675 times
Quote:
Yep education is liberal and conservative is ignorance, any other questions?

Old 03-10-2009, 05:35 AM

3,457 posts, read 4,651,747 times
Quote:
Yep education is liberal and conservative is ignorance, any other questions?
Liberal is propaganda, brainwashing and indoctrination, conservative is reading, writing and arithmetic. That's your education. No other questions, just these simple answers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies