Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Has Barack Obama bringing positive "change" to Washington DC?
Yes, he is 11 52.38%
Not at all 9 42.86%
I don't understand the question/I dont know... 1 4.76%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2009, 06:21 PM

1,344 posts, read 3,610,974 times

Advertisements

Well, has it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2009, 06:21 PM

9,059 posts, read 12,972,786 times
Yeah, he's changed his mind on eliminating earmarks

Old 03-11-2009, 06:28 PM

707 posts, read 1,022,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViewFromThePeak View Post
Yeah, he's changed his mind on eliminating earmarks

Uhm that would be the same as the republicans accusing Obama of socialization and big government spending, wellllll 41 billion dollars worth of earmarks between 25 Republican Senators.

Old 03-11-2009, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by proudmama View Post
Uhm that would be the same as the republicans accusing Obama of socialization and big government spending, wellllll 41 billion dollars worth of earmarks between 25 Republican Senators.
The fact that senators from EITHER side have no shame in the slimy business of earmark pork spending means that OBAMA has NOT brought change to Washington...

Irresponsibile spending is more fashionable than ever with Obama in office!

Old 03-11-2009, 06:32 PM

9,059 posts, read 12,972,786 times
Quote:
Well, gee whiz, I guess it would be super easy to commit to a pledge "no earmarks" if none or only a couple of senators stuck them in. Maybe he thought the presidency would be easy like Bush did?

Old 03-11-2009, 06:32 PM

707 posts, read 1,022,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuba libre View Post
The fact that senators from EITHER side have no shame in the slimy business of earmark pork spending means that OBAMA has NOT brought change to Washington...

Irresponsibile spending is more fashionable than ever with Obama in office!

Can someone send me a link or a clipping of where Obama placed a timeline on changing any of these Senators?

Old 03-11-2009, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Can someone send me a link or a clipping of where Obama placed a timeline on changing any of these Senators?

Obama's "god like" presence was supposed to compell the Congress to act like angels as soon as he took office...

Old 03-11-2009, 06:39 PM

194 posts, read 325,837 times
President Obama has started change for our country. It began before he took his oath of office, when he started change.gov asking for input from the people. Here are just a few of the changes we have already seen in the first 50 days.

1. Obama started the change by beginning the transparency in goverment. They have only started this and we will be seeing lots more about this soon. You can look at Recovery.gov. We will be able to see who's names are on which projects and where the funds is going.
2. President Obama already admitted to making a mistake and apologized for it. When did we ever see a president do that?
2. Obama asks us for input of ideas and comments on the policies
3. We will no longer torture prisoners.
4. He has keep his promise to end the ban on stem-cell research
5. Change in education has started- among the changes we'll be seeing a change in required school hrs/days per school yr.
6. Turning towards being a greener more self-reliant country -important for our future

Old 03-11-2009, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awakening Escapade View Post
1. Obama started the change by beginning the transparency in goverment. They have only started this and we will be seeing lots more about this soon. You can look at Recovery.gov. We will be able to see who's names are on which projects and where the funds is going.
I guess that's how we found out that half of the people he chose to run his cabinet were under investigation for one thing or another...

Quote:
2. Obama asks us for input of ideas and comments on the policies
I have never heard of this. Where do I submit my ideas? Do I have to be a union member with a Democratic voting history to prove that I am loyal?

Quote:
3. We will no longer torture prisoners.
yea right... Obama 'symbolically' shutting down GITMO in a couple years is hardly a substantive. It's all about appearance and narcisistim with Obama.

Quote:
4. He has keep his promise to end the ban on stem-cell research
You mean embryonic stem cell research... Don't worry, I wont hold it against you.

Quote:
5. Change in education has started- among the changes we'll be seeing a change in required school hrs/days per school yr.
The teachers unions have Obama's Secretary of Education on a leash. More quota-based spending is the last thing our education system needs.

Quote:
6. Turning towards being a greener more self-reliant country -important for our future
That sounds like a poem.... What about facts, numbers, EVIDENCE??? Lofty rhetoric is not REAL CHANGE. Creating hundreds of thousands of new bureaucrats is not the answer, although Obama seems convinced that it is...

Old 03-11-2009, 07:01 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,181,169 times
grammar mistakes aside, yes he has/is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies