Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How long will Republican be the minority in Congress
4 years or less 20 52.63%
8 years 7 18.42%
12 years 2 5.26%
15 years or more 9 23.68%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2009, 12:58 PM

182 posts, read 103,424 times

Advertisements

hopefully forever, I think americans have finally woken up
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2009, 12:59 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,431,754 times
not sure but these CDF right wing posts are helping tremendously, up til now we respected & believed them you know love of democratic process respect for the office you know. everytime i see a fat man all in black waddling to his SUV with his balding hair slicked back i am reminded.

Old 03-14-2009, 01:01 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,201,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbob View Post
Just curious - how long do folks think that the Republican Party will be in minority status in Congress - that is - be minorities in BOTH the House and Senate???

I personally think it will be at least a generation (25 years) for them to regain either the House or Senate.

They have pretty much lost the youth vote... and the black vote... and independents are turning against them in greater and greater numbers...

Right now they are a Southeast/Midwest party that only has appeal in Bible-Belt states...

2012, I think the tide will turn back to the conservative side. now i did not say republican, I said and meant conservative.

Old 03-14-2009, 01:06 PM

2,159 posts, read 2,583,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
2012, I think the tide will turn back to the conservative side. now i did not say republican, I said and meant conservative.
Which party is the 'conservative' party? I'm totally at a loss to identify one.

Old 03-14-2009, 01:12 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,170,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
When the inflation rate skyrockets and people see that the rich aren't going to pay for everything they will want change again.Saw this after the 70's recession but it probabaly will be worse because of the massive goverament spending that has to be paid back;so many will be deep in debt after the recession with no easy credit and many areas of the countriy will not recover for decades as companies get smaller or disappear that are the main employers.

Think Jimmy Carter times ten.

Old 03-14-2009, 01:14 PM

15,446 posts, read 21,357,456 times
Right after the Congressional elections I would have said it will take at least a generation for the GOP to regain power but seeing what a miserable crop of miscreants the Democrats have offered up, I now believe I may actually live long enough to again see a pitiful crop of Republicans as a majority. What a country!

Old 03-14-2009, 01:56 PM

2,159 posts, read 2,583,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by High_Plains_Retired View Post
Right after the Congressional elections I would have said it will take at least a generation for the GOP to regain power but seeing what a miserable crop of miscreants the Democrats have offered up, I now believe I may actually live long enough to again see a pitiful crop of Republicans as a majority. What a country!
I disagree... I think we are on a much better track now than we ever were under Bush.

We are currently paying back for 8 years of total disregard for the country by Dubya and the Republicans. They enriched their already filthy rich benefactors - and that's ALL they ever cared about.

Obama will clean up the mess - and start a generation of Democratic rule...

I'm 55, and I doubt I will ever see another Republican majority as long as I live.... and I'm very happy about it...

I believe you are in the minority on this one - the small minority.

Old 03-14-2009, 02:07 PM

4,989 posts, read 10,023,483 times
Quote:
I personally think it will be at least a generation (25 years) for them to regain either the House or Senate.
You really are from Mars!

What, you don't remember the stinking den of corruption the Dems had built by the time their majority came crashing down the last time. That wasn't all too long ago. Then the Repubs only took about a dozen or so years to do the same. With today's ever increasing speed of news transmission and dissemination, if anything the shifting of power cycles are getting shorter not longer.

Old 03-14-2009, 02:08 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,574,696 times
The longer Republicans are a minority, the better.

Old 03-14-2009, 02:15 PM

1,344 posts, read 3,610,974 times
Quote:
Most intelligent people will see that any adverse economic effects over the next several years are the fault of the terrible mismanagement of the economy by Bush and his minions in Congress.

People know that this economic mess is the fault of Dubya and the Republicans...

Spin to your heart's content - every national poll says you are dead wrong...

Every national poll also has Obama's approval dwindling. "Dubya" had a higher approval rating for March, 2001 than Obama has in March 2009.

How you like them apples????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies