Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2009, 11:25 PM

7,359 posts, read 10,280,673 times

Advertisements

What a bunch of Bible-thumping lunatics.

Texas Legislation To Facilitate the Creation of An Advanced Creation Science Degree « JONATHAN TURLEY
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2009, 11:51 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,982,506 times
We simply have no chance at going forward competing with India, Western Europe, China, Korea, and Japan with these Southern hick rednecks trying to force feed their religion into scientific pursuits and public education.

It's truly pathetic how removed from reality these people and what their priorities are.

Old 03-17-2009, 11:52 PM

4,049 posts, read 5,033,195 times
I watched a snippet of TBN today, and some guy was trying to disprove the Big Bang with these fossils of fish that had bent backs.. Now that's science. Of course, I was confused until he asked for money.

Old 03-18-2009, 12:04 AM

5,160 posts, read 9,174,360 times
I just threw up in my mouth a bit.

Old 03-18-2009, 01:11 AM

858 posts, read 2,236,958 times
It will be a worthless diploma and a big waste of money. What corporation is going to hire them besides the evangelicals?

Old 03-18-2009, 04:25 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,550,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ubringliten View Post
It will be a worthless diploma and a big waste of money. What corporation is going to hire them besides the evangelicals?

The Republican corporation or its Pat Robertson subsidiary will snap them up.

Old 03-18-2009, 04:59 AM

2,311 posts, read 2,829,800 times
Nobody with a degree in creation science will be considered a scientist by anyone. Maybe they will create their own creation scientist industry. Good luck sustaining that.

Old 03-18-2009, 05:06 AM

38,644 posts, read 26,389,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingForward View Post

It's about time we actually started pulling our heads out of the sand. A perfectly ordered universe without a Creator of the order? The problem for your side is that the more we learn, the more the simple theories of random events resulting in chain reactions that continue today start to wear thin.

My Bible says "God is light". Now I see some people have created matter (a few electron and positron pairs) with electromagnetic radiation. Well, could have told you that.

"In the recent experiments at SLAC, physicists accelerated a beam of electrons to nearly the speed of light. They then aimed a split-second pulse of high-energy laser light directly at the electron beam. Occasionally a photon (a tiny, discrete unit of light energy) collided with an electron. The photon then recoiled from the collision and rebounded into oncoming photons from the laser beam with such violence that the resulting energy was converted into an electron-positron pair. Over several months of such experiments, the physicists were able to produce more than 100 electron-positron pairs."

Scientists Create Matter Out of Light - Sidebar - MSN Encarta

http://www.herbert-w-armstrong.org/M...20Theories.pdf

Evard, R. & Schrodetzki, D. --- Chemical Evolution

We can argue what happened before man was around, but the bottom line is, since none of us we here, we are either speculating or accepting someone's explanation. I just don't have that sort of faith. I like to be a little more critical in my thinking. Having learned about Bible prophesies hundreds and thousands of years old being fulfilled even to the exact day, I now know what a lot of evolutionary scientists who have defected from the orthodoxy of Darwinism have discovered. It's a dead end that requires the faithful to simply believe because no other explanation is permitted. That would be a scientific heresy. Well, that's not good enough for me. If Bible prophesies are being fulfilled at the correct times when the Prophets have been dead for centuries, that means someone knows the end from the beginning. Dismissing that requires willful disbelief.

Mathematical Bible Prophecy

I find that far more solid than speculation from someone who also wasn't there to see it. The order in the creation testifies to the Creator. Before there was a Big Bang, there was one who commanded it to be who exists independent of time.

Old 03-18-2009, 05:20 AM

1,030 posts, read 1,453,990 times
I don't see the big deal. There's just as much science behind global warming yet we are going to tax the energy industry into the ground with that "science".

Old 03-18-2009, 05:31 AM

38,644 posts, read 26,389,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrJoey View Post
Nobody with a degree in creation science will be considered a scientist by anyone. Maybe they will create their own creation scientist industry. Good luck sustaining that.

I would expect to see a lot of evolution science defectors who already have advanced degrees entering the program. Because Creationism necessarily involves religion, it has been shunned by the scientific community and unfunded by government regardless of its merits. But the truth is it takes as much or more faith to not believe in a Creator than it does to believe one exists. No matter what you believe, you have to start with a set of assumptions. When those assumptions run into a brick wall, the Darwinists have no other option except to replace the old assumptions with new ones that they will swear to with equal certainty and as though they we never wrong in the first place. If life could be created from a collection of organic chemicals in an ideal environment, we already would have done it.

"SEQUENCES - This detail is at the center of the origin of life problem. Assuming that there WAS a large supply of molecular building blocks, how do you get the specific sequences necessary in proteins and in DNA? Consider proteins: the sequence of amino acids determines the way the molecule will "fold up", which gives it physical properties. For a particular function, an exact sequence is required. What are the odds of this occurring by accident? The odds of forming a specific molecule with 100 amino acids is (1/20) ** 100 = 10e130 (the number 10 with 130 zeros following it) to 1. Forget it!"

Origin of Life: Constructing the Proteins
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies