Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-18-2009, 07:36 AM

3,106 posts, read 7,372,930 times

Advertisements

The Feds are threatening AIG execs that if they do not return their bonus money, the Feds will tax it at 100%.
Hey, the Stimulus Bill allowed the bonuses and the Treasury Dept knew about the bonus contracts months ago.
I find the "swaying with the wind" thoughts and actions by our govt to be rather disturbing.

Of course I am outraged that my tax dollars are paying the bonuses.
My problem with the threatened bill - the fear that the Fed tax bill will trickle down in some manner to negatively affect smaller businesses.

Quote:
House and Senate Democrats were drafting separate bills to impose taxes of up to 100 percent on the big bonuses that were awarded by companies that were rescued by federal bailout money.

A.I.G. would not be the only company named by legislation in either the Senate or the House, but there was no question whose executives were the inspiration.

100% Bonus Tax? Lawmakers Threaten A.I.G. - DealBook Blog - NYTimes.com
Also http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/2009...rage.html?_r=1

Quote:
But though some lawmakers did move to prevent bonuses in the stimulus bill last month, the final language actually makes an exception for pre-existing contracts, effectively exempting AIG.
http://www.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/03/17/aig.bonuses.congress/index.html?
iref=newssearch
Which BTW: Here is a Summary of how fed tax law changes changes can affect businesses
Summary of Business Tax Law Changes 2008 - 2017
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2009, 07:53 AM

7,993 posts, read 12,858,461 times
Obama definitely blows with the political wind. No backbone....no moral compass. Not shocked.

Old 03-18-2009, 07:56 AM

3,564 posts, read 5,514,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsupstate View Post
Obama definitely blows with the political wind. No backbone....no moral compass. Not shocked.
Well we know he used to do a lot of drugs. Maybe he was just high.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies