Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2009, 05:47 PM

8,164 posts, read 15,172,727 times

Advertisements

Palin would come in 2nd place if she ran against the democrats with them putting no one forward!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2009, 05:59 PM

27,625 posts, read 21,173,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukester View Post
Please explain? How about this. He has moved through congress in record breaking speed the Reinvest in America Bill, I think within 20 or 25 days in office. He signed into Law the S-Chip, Reversing Bushies Policy on Embryonic Stem Cell Research, he has federal land off limits to Big Oil, I think either Utah or Nevada where the States Salazar took away from Big Oil. He has moved to shut down Gitmo Bay, asked his military commanders a time line that could be met to get the troops out of Iraq. Those are just a few that I can recall off the cuff. Yep, Obama has been a busy man.
you can add these to the list...

Civil Rights
Jan. 29 2009 - Obama signs the Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act. Reducing discrimination based on gender, age, religion, or race.

Environmental
Feb. 21 2009 - Obama signs a mercury reduction pact with 140 other nations. The policy reverses roles with George Bush and sets mandatory requirements by the United States.

Old 03-18-2009, 06:19 PM

4,459 posts, read 4,218,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
you can add these to the list...

Civil Rights
Jan. 29 2009 - Obama signs the Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act. Reducing discrimination based on gender, age, religion, or race.

Environmental
Feb. 21 2009 - Obama signs a mercury reduction pact with 140 other nations. The policy reverses roles with George Bush and sets mandatory requirements by the United States.
Thanks and I am sure there is more. No doubt that he has been super busy. That's why the Repubs have been crying foul. They think Obama is trying to do too much. I think they are just used to their ways of doing nothing at all.

Old 03-18-2009, 07:24 PM

40,050 posts, read 34,661,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancet71 View Post
Palin would come in 2nd place if she ran against the democrats with them putting no one forward!
And that's not easy to do!

Old 03-18-2009, 07:37 PM

48,502 posts, read 97,009,245 times
A little early isn't it. At this point before the last election many didn't know who Obama was.

Old 03-18-2009, 10:47 PM

4,410 posts, read 6,146,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Doubtfull. Obama will be toast by 2010. He's headed in that direction after only 50+ days. He's an idiot. Totally incompetent.
No, what's incompetent is your ability to assess the situation. He hasn't fixed the economy yet in his first 50 days, so...that means he's incompetent? Obama's vocabulary blows Bush's kindergarten-level language skills into the stratosphere. But forget that. It's all about the economy. They say conservatives wear blinders and I see how true that is now.

So far he's undone much of those pesky little things the Bush administration tried to get away with. I like what he's doing on those things. No more enemy combatants, no more torture (though I'm holding my breath until I see proof). He just added the US's signature to a document calling for an end to nations making homosexuality illegal. He's moving forward on the environment.

Don't get me wrong: I didn't vote for him and I won't in 2012. But compared to his predecessor, the air is worth breathing again. Oh, and I don't expect him to "fix" the economy. It's being deliberately destroyed by the puppetmasters. So all this complaining is for naught. Start thinking about the future and how you will create your own.

Old 03-18-2009, 10:55 PM

1,030 posts, read 1,455,816 times
Quote:
Obama Would Crush Sarah Palin In 2012: Poll

A poll released (http://politicalwire.com/archives/2009/03/18/obama_would_crush_palin.html - broken link) by Public Policy Polling found that President Obama would crush Sarah Palin in a hypothetical, head-to-head presidential election for 2012.

Gee, that's a shocker
we'll check back in 2 years when taxes are at record levels and unemployment is at 20%.

Old 03-19-2009, 10:33 AM

7,474 posts, read 22,910,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgmartin View Post
Obama acomplished more in his first 100 days than Bush did in 8 years (unless you count the pain, torture, and the almost distruction of our economy). I think Obama deservres repect for coming into office after that nighhtmare. Give credit where credit is due, no one can undo 8 years worth of screw ups over night.
This is why people become Democrats, because they have no clue what they are talking about.
Obama hasn't done anything right, yet, and people are beginning to see. His rating are droping rapidly as she quickly destroys out country. He spent more money in fifty days athn all presidents before him in eight years... You're backing a loser, give it up...! He can't make a speech without saying it isn't his mess... That really means, when I F##k the place up, don't blame me, I wasn't my mess.
A real man.. Real convictions, real change.. What a joke..
I had hope for him, but the more I see the phony, the more I dislike him. An empty suit...

Old 03-19-2009, 11:20 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,072,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgmartin View Post
Obama acomplished more in his first 100 days than Bush did in 8 years (unless you count the pain, torture, and the almost distruction of our economy). I think Obama deservres repect for coming into office after that nighhtmare. Give credit where credit is due, no one can undo 8 years worth of screw ups over night.
Yep he sure did! He emptied the treasury, lied to the amercian people, spent more in those short days than anyone in history, shall I go on? Yes he gets respect for coming after a nightmare and creating another!
Oh yeah, let's release some of the "man made catastrophe" people from Gitmo into the U.S.!!!
Yeppers, good job Brownie (ooops wrong person...) Pres. Obama!

Old 03-19-2009, 11:28 AM

4,655 posts, read 5,081,183 times
Quote:
Obama Would Crush Sarah Palin In 2012: Poll

A poll released (http://politicalwire.com/archives/2009/03/18/obama_would_crush_palin.html - broken link) by Public Policy Polling found that President Obama would crush Sarah Palin in a hypothetical, head-to-head presidential election for 2012.

Gee, that's a shocker

People still think that Barry handing out free money is a good thing. Give it a couple years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies