Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2007, 10:23 AM

2 posts, read 3,984 times

Advertisements

Please if u think that is only a republican principle you are sadly wrong it was a good Clinton response when he was in office. lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2007, 10:25 AM

1,396 posts, read 1,189,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pslOldTimer View Post
They forgot the most important Republican principle:
"I believe I must duck all serious questions which question my principles, and twist everything into a negative about the opposition."
Democracts don't do this?????? Oh excuse me they hide behind each other on this one!!!

Old 03-25-2007, 10:28 AM

9,891 posts, read 10,825,432 times
As most people that are involved in grass roots party politics of any party, know, the partys official "Platform" is not a binding contract that every politician of said party must adhere to, in fact many go out of their way to distance themselves in the name of independece from it. It is an interesting exercise though look at the Dems platform and see how many of those inmates that are running the asylum are in sync with it !

Old 03-25-2007, 10:29 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,400,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ontheroad View Post
All too true as evidenced by the actions of the majority Congress.

Right, they should certainly be praising an administration afraid of testimony recorded and given under oath.

Old 03-25-2007, 10:31 AM

10,203 posts, read 27,122,816 times
I'm really confused about your response. Can you help me understand or perhaps you misunderstood my ditto to yours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Right, they should certainly be praising an administration afraid of testimony recorded and given under oath.

Old 03-25-2007, 10:32 AM

1,396 posts, read 1,189,269 times
What's really sad is we have two party's that are not working together for the people. It's almost like we should divide the UNITED STATES down the middle and have Republicans on one side and Democrats on the other. Are these two party's working together or trying to divide OUR NATION and OUR PEOPLE!!!!
How can two party's that stand for AMERICA be so divided???

Old 03-25-2007, 10:33 AM

10,203 posts, read 27,122,816 times
What and which principle are you referring to--this seems out of context or I am just underachieving in my comprehension today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacounty View Post
Please if u think that is only a republican principle you are sadly wrong it was a good Clinton response when he was in office. lol

Old 03-25-2007, 10:41 AM

1,300 posts, read 2,613,845 times
http://209.85.12.227/6967/161/emo/smiley-off-topic-sign.gif (broken link)

I'll say it again. Let's not make this an us vs. them thread people. This is NOT a lousy football game. We're talking about the government of our country. This is not about "my team is better than yours".

Yeah, we know that for every negative statement one could make about the Republican party there is a negative statement that can be made about the Democratic party. This is old news.

What I'm so desperately trying to bring to light here is the integrity of not just the Bush administration, but all politicians in general who treat the ideals of their party as "optional" and use the party name as a "brand" to further their own personal agenda.

2008 is coming people. Watch for these politicians. They're not in it for you, they're in it for themselves. Sure, we're not going to find a candidate who is absolute, but we can at least look for the closest thing to it. That doesn't mean focusing on the candidate that upholds your own narrow concerns such as abortion, gay marriage, universal healthcare, defense, or illegal immigration. It's the big picture we need to be focusing on. That includes making some trade-offs for a candidate that may not reflect the views that are important to you personally, but will serve the common good and represent all Americans at an acceptable level.

I really hope Americans wake up in 2008, and make voting the selfless act that it should be.

~T

Old 03-25-2007, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontheroad View Post
I'm really confused about your response. Can you help me understand or perhaps you misunderstood my ditto to yours.

I meant that the majority Congress is far from the only branch of government deserving blame for the current condition of government.

I think there's plenty of stupid actions on both sides of the aisle and not just in Congress, and we all pay the price.

I'm glad I'll be ashes in 50 years because the current course doesn't inspire much optimism in me.

Old 03-25-2007, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildberries61 View Post
What's really sad is we have two party's that are not working together for the people. It's almost like we should divide the UNITED STATES down the middle and have Republicans on one side and Democrats on the other. Are these two party's working together or trying to divide OUR NATION and OUR PEOPLE!!!!
How can two party's that stand for AMERICA be so divided???

I think both parties are on their own power/ego trips, the nation and the people are mere afterthoughts at best.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies