Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2009, 10:47 PM

7,359 posts, read 10,287,401 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
Hey, the president isn't in a bar having a drink and this wasn't Wednesday night at the White House (or was it?). I bet you though Biden and his 7-11 joke was "taken out of context".
I never said Obama's comment was "taken out of context." It was a comment in poor taste. Since he's a compassionate person, a good person, it's a comment he made off-the-cuff, without thinking. Something we all do. But something he rarely does. I'm sure that it's been pointed out to him, and he's probably mortified. You're just looking for a reason to bash him. All of you are. And your "nappy-headed" comment explains it all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2009, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Nope. It isn't a racist term

Bullsh*t.

Old 03-19-2009, 10:53 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,497,598 times
No. Imus in the morning referred to some basketball players as "nappy headed hos" in a joking manner. No different than saying "I'm special, like the Olympics". Or screwing the joke up like Obama did. Imus, vilified, demonized and called a racist, pretty much just like you are trying to do to me.

In real life: All mean are created equal

and

Race, color, national origin, religion, sex, familial status (including children under the age of 18 living with parents or legal custodians, pregnant women, and people securing custody of children under the age of 18), and handicap (disability) are all protected classes not to be discriminated against by any employee earning federal wages.

Is the president a federal employee?

Old 03-19-2009, 10:55 PM

Quote:
No. Imus in the morning referred to some basketball players as "nappy headed hos" in a joking manner. No different than saying "I'm special, like the Olympics". Or screwing the joke up like Obama did. Imus, vilified, demonized and called a racist, pretty much just like you are trying to do to me.

In real life: All mean are created equal.

Race, color, national origin, religion, sex, familial status (including children under the age of 18 living with parents or legal custodians, pregnant women, and people securing custody of children under the age of 18), and handicap (disability).

Is the president a federal employee?
Nope. Sorry, you're no victim here. You can't spin it to save your ass. You referred to Obama as "nappy-headed." Period. In a thread about Obama. Not a thread about Imus. A racist comment from Imus. And a racist comment from you.

Obama made an unintentional slight against a class of people. Yours was FULLY intentional.

Old 03-19-2009, 10:58 PM

Lol....whatever.... Intentional or unintentional whatever you wanna dream it up to be. I'm not a federal employee.... is Obama?

Old 03-19-2009, 10:59 PM

7,331 posts, read 15,401,816 times
Quote:
A republican would have had to resign. A PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES of AMERICA should have immediately apologized. If it was Bush... never mind it's fruitless to even remotely talk about the hypocrisies.
Nah, a Republican would not have had to resign. People'd get a little bent outta shape for a few days, and then it'd be over.

Furthermore, I like how this thread was at, what, 5 pages before the segment even aired? That's some efficiency!

Old 03-19-2009, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaBredChicagoan View Post
Nah, a Republican would not have had to resign. People'd get a little bent outta shape for a few days, and then it'd be over.

Furthermore, I like how this thread was at, what, 5 pages before the segment even aired? That's some efficiency!
American ingenuity.

Old 03-19-2009, 11:01 PM

893 posts, read 1,581,260 times
Lets just see if Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton are on the 'Today Show' tomorrow raising hell. All Im saying is it is a double standard just like in the Imus case and people get wrapped up into comments. Distasteful? Absolutely. Will there be an apology? Of course there will. The fact is, he has a lot of crap he and his cabinet needs to be working on right now instead of out politicing and watching March Madness..He wanted the job, fools voted him in, so there is no reason why he shouldn't be up at all hours fixing this mess.

Old 03-19-2009, 11:03 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,288,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingForward View Post
Bullsh*t.
Fine - but again, I don't find it any kind of a racist term

I think you are just far too sensitive - people need to lighten up

Old 03-19-2009, 11:09 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,886,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mossomo View Post
What a bunch of rookies. One of my big things against Bush was that he looked like a fool on the international stage. He throw up on the PM of Japan for god sake. But Obama and gang are no better. I was so hoping, so secretly hoping. But they're not doing it, they look like a bunch of jokes up there.
It was his father that threw up on the PM of Japan. I was in college when LBJ was president. Every president's remarks get dissected. LBJ, then (gasp) Nixon, Ford, Carter, Reagan, GHW Bush, Clinton, Dubya, ALL of them. It isn't a Dem or Repub thing. No president was ever asked to resign over an insensitive joke. Everyone needs to get over themselves.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies