Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-15-2009, 08:39 PM

5,041 posts, read 6,221,567 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gottasay View Post
Many more were there in spirit -- they were too busy working to pay for all YOUR entitlement programs. Don't forget, 50 percent of Americans pay NO taxes -- they get welfare instead -- why should they care if taxes go up -- duh!
OK, there are too many idiots on this thread. Half of Americans are on welfare? And you wonder why people laugh at teabaggers?

Old 04-15-2009, 08:41 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,875,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms. 01 Snake View Post
I find it truly disturbing that some folks claim to not have a clue what this is about and then decided the more appropriate thing to do is turn it into a sexual thing.

I'm guessing maybe these same people had no idea what the person they voted for actually stood for. Just want they might GET from that person.

Try educating yourself instead of learning from the T.V.
You're right! Some of those signs were sexually explicit, talking about getting s****** and all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okiegirlfriend View Post
Have you ever noticed it's the libs who always start the bashing? Then they say the same thing over and over and over and they never seem to say anything intelligent?
No, I notice a lot of anti-Obama, anti-dem threads on these forums started by right wingers.

Old 04-15-2009, 08:43 PM

3,709 posts, read 4,632,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingForward View Post
Offshore Tax Havens: A State-By-State Breakdown Of The Cost To Taxpayers

Oh right, I forgot. The "tea parties" are only to protest against tax HIKES on the rich, not against their tax FLIGHT.
Sorry, but we will be no more successful at "fencing in" the rich than we are at "fencing out" illegal immigrants.

Old 04-15-2009, 08:44 PM

5,041 posts, read 6,221,567 times
Just got a report that we had about 100 at our local teabagging event.

Does anybody have a problem with my first estimate of 1000 people per event, average? That would be the average between the several large-city events where up to 10,000 attended, and the hundreds of small cities like mine, where much smaller numbers were the rule.

Old 04-15-2009, 08:45 PM

10,545 posts, read 13,595,929 times
Your $13 will go quickly once he finishes taxing gas, electricity etc.

Old 04-15-2009, 08:50 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,205,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Thanks for that link. Looks like the party was nothing more than a nutty, poorly organized, right-wing anti-Obama rally.
That's precisely what it was, I wonder how many billions the GOP spent on organizing this farce ....

Old 04-15-2009, 08:50 PM

337 posts, read 827,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
You're right! Some of those signs were sexually explicit, talking about getting s****** and all!

No, I notice a lot of anti-Obama, anti-dem threads on these forums started by right wingers.
I didn't see any sexually explicit signs. I'm not sure if you're trying to be funny or serious.

Tea bagging and a Tea Party are not similar nor should they be confused. Call it/them what you like but, the fact of the matter is people are not happy and they have the RIGHT to freedom of speech. Remember that folks-that is actually a right.

While some think "free money", stimulus packages and bailouts are rights and have the audacity to laugh at those who protest the CRAZY, unchecked spending in this country explains a lot.

Old 04-15-2009, 08:52 PM

4,301 posts, read 7,038,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta Planter View Post
Something interesting to me. How many threads are there about the perceived shallowness of the TEA parties today? How many naysayers herein? And if it's all a fluke, why the repetition of negativity from the left? It must be getting under y'all's skin, somehow, that not everyone sees the politics as you. Yeah, that's the ticket, y'all all jealous cause the day is not about you, not about the left, not about Obama in a positive way, huh? Oh! The vanity!
Left wingers need somewhere to vent their hatred, and what better way to do so than against right wingers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by idahogie View Post
Just got a report that we had about 100 at our local teabagging event.

Does anybody have a problem with my first estimate of 1000 people per event, average? That would be the average between the several large-city events where up to 10,000 attended, and the hundreds of small cities like mine, where much smaller numbers were the rule.
I doubt, for as close as many of these events were to each other, that there would be 1,000 people per rally. That is a very generous estimation. But in all honesty, what did you expect for a workday, where most taxpayers are... well.. at work? I live in a medium sized town that hosted a tea party, and the turnout was a stellar 150 or so.

2,917 posts, read 4,770,143 times
To paraphrase that great song by Carly Simon,

You're so vain, you probably think this party is about you
You're so vain, I'll bet you think this party is about you
Don't you? don't you?

2,557 posts, read 5,865,272 times
I wish I could have been in Atlanta today instead of at work!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies