Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2009, 01:57 PM

4,574 posts, read 7,502,228 times

Advertisements

Hmmm... this sounds a duel. Anderson Cooper vs Bill O'Reilly. If Cooper wins, the Republican Party banishes. LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2009, 01:57 PM

4,459 posts, read 4,210,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
No deal, I love the Republican Party... just the way you are!
Yep, and Wackjob Bachman leading the circus...

Old 03-27-2009, 02:01 PM

541 posts, read 1,224,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingForward View Post
PLEASE purge your party of these fruitcakes.
You first. And heaven knows your party is the freak show. It ain't the Republicans. Go to your average lefty rally, and there you will find the lunatics.

I distinctly remember "Bomb Israel" signs and an image of George Bush's severed head at the last leftist rally I had the unfortunate luck of being stuck in. You don't see that sort of childish behavior from the right, and there's a reason for it.

Let's not forget the burning of the effigies of soldiers in Portland that just happened this past year, either. The endless stream of BushHitlerSatan?

Please, the inmates may be running the asylum, but nobody is buying this load of steaming you-know-what.

Old 03-27-2009, 02:06 PM

9,273 posts, read 26,498,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nature's message View Post
Hmmm... this sounds a duel. Anderson Cooper vs Bill O'Reilly. If Cooper wins, the Republican Party banishes. LOL

That would never happen.

Old 03-27-2009, 02:13 PM

7,359 posts, read 10,279,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlottePirateFan View Post
I think we're working on something here.

1) We'll let Comedy Central stay (gotta have my Southpark and the Roasts), but we'll enact the Fairness Doctrine on Jon Stewart (for every story bashing a republican for something dumb they did, there has to be one for a democrat). Colbert can keep doing what he's doing (much funnier than Stewart)

2) We can throw out Fox News as well, no problem there, but since they enjoy a much larger share of the ratings, then CNN gets tossed out with MSNBC.

3) I'll allow Frank to stay. But if he ever needs to say anything he must write it down first and hold it up to the camera.

I think this all seems fairly reasonable.
I think I can agree to this.

Old 03-27-2009, 02:14 PM

9,273 posts, read 26,498,768 times
Can the INK that Frank uses be INVISABLE? If so, I might be on board. But I would have to request a bag over his head if he was permitted to stay.

Old 03-27-2009, 02:44 PM

24,511 posts, read 33,317,235 times
Quote:
O'Reilly already wins in the ratings.

Old 03-27-2009, 02:50 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,784,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harborlady View Post
I say all citizens regardless of party affiliation demand restoration of journalist standards. That would mean everyone is obliged to stick with facts. Spin spin spin, theater, pig in a poke trojan horse plans... I'd like to use those for target practice myself.

But hey, who feeds what is controlling your party?? Rupert Murdoch owns GOP and can rewrite it's charter if he feels like it???
And still the arguments persist that popularity contests count for more than telling the truth. The vapid narcissism running amok has earned you all participating the government you deserve.

Old 03-27-2009, 02:56 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,334,415 times
Quote:
Uh...banishes whom?

Old 03-27-2009, 03:35 PM

8,276 posts, read 12,861,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlottePirateFan View Post
Deal, but you have to get rid of Pelosi, Dodd, Frank, MSNBC and Comedy Central.
Sounds like a good deal.. but lets add Fox news to it since MSNBC is on the table... personally I thought they favored the repubs... I thought it was funny on election night with 1% of votes in they would call a state for McCain, but with more than 40% in with a large lead they still would not call it for Obama...

Come on lets take Comedy Central off the table... there is enough on both sides to laugh at..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies