Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2009, 08:22 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,784,939 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
You're beating your head against a brick wall with her. It's a protest she doesn't agree with so she'll oppose it at all cost. If it was a protest for one of her causes she'd be screaming from the rooftops.
HA!! I was typing while you were. When will you ever learn???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2009, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
maybe harborlady is confused with the lefties and illegal protests!
Illegal protests where??? You mean like when mayor guilliani had cops on horseback herding senior citizens into an alley??? They had a permit. The were legal, or at least for as long as guilliani said it was legal, then he had his own version of legal.

Old 04-01-2009, 08:30 PM

380 posts, read 1,059,017 times
Liberals were once enlightened, but not anymore-2009 Liberalism Equals 20th Century Fascism when it comes to freedom of speech. America, our worst enemy isn't in the hills of Pakistan, the mountains of Afghanistan or the mosques of Iran-it is in the form of the liberal media, the left wing bastions of higher(what a joke) learning and the liberal politicians. They are desperate to stop dissenting views because they know they can only sustain their lies for so long-liberalism has always spawned a backlash from Americans-the more extreme will beget the same. Let them stop our political free speech-we then have the high ground to deal with them with the way the founding fathers dealt with King George. The taxes have started, so free speech being taken away is next. They are enlightened alright-they are enlightened to know what is going to happen to their sorry asses if the rest of us decide enough is enough.

Old 04-01-2009, 08:32 PM

492 posts, read 962,157 times
Tater, I love it when you talk like that... I can even feel the tingle run up my leg.

Old 04-01-2009, 08:56 PM

Liberals dictated to a city in florida what it's policy would be??

Don't states and towns have the right to create their own policy? Except when it's against the constitution??
Maybe y'all should do some investigating and get to the bottom of this travesty of justice.

Old 04-01-2009, 09:17 PM

6,218 posts, read 7,730,927 times
I attended the Cape Coral Tea Party earlier this evening.
A relatively small turnout, I'd estimate 175-200.
The primary purpose was to protest the proposed tax on services(higher water, and other utilities bills). While that was discussed, the more national issues were also brought up, that had a much more vocal response from the people there. Particularly when 2nd amendment rights were brought up. There were several Gadsden flags amongst Old Glory as well, and the event was covered by all the local media.

As fars as the city being prejudicial to a demonstration....well, you gotta know Cape Coral. This city has always been run more like a HOA, than a traditional city anyway. We do actually have special officers driving around in Code Enforcement vehicles leaving tickets on doors for sprinkling your lawn on the wrong day, and other silly BS, all in the name of revenue collection. At one time, it was illegal to park a brand new pickup truck in your driveway, but the 25 year old rustbucket car from a northern state was just fine though. This town has a history of screwed up priorities, so what has transpired with this Tea Party shouldnt really surprise anyone much.

Old 04-01-2009, 09:23 PM

Well, I'm glad it turned out peacefully yacht. I choose to never live in an HOA. Just goes against my grain (overly beige/ ecru people just irk me), but if that's what y'all want... enjoy.

Old 04-01-2009, 09:37 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,867,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harborlady View Post
roys old you have no clue who/what I am, so why not just admit your ignorance in the first place?
If a city policy is to have insurance for the sake of a crowd getting out of hand, do you really suppose that's only for one particular political party affiliation or special interest group??? I don't know you, but your language sure makes you sound like an entitlement welfare queen.

You need to worry more about those liberal protest that endup like the protest in seattle ;london and paris;otherwise know as rioters and looters.

Old 04-01-2009, 09:45 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,574,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViewFromThePeak View Post
Yes. Don't you understand that liberal = enlightened and educated crowd?
Exactly.

Glad you realized that!

Old 04-01-2009, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
You need to worry more about those liberal protest that endup like the protest in seattle ;london and paris;otherwise know as rioters and looters.
Tex, again, you presume to know who I am and what I think. Ever try asking??? People need to be accountable for themselves. Really simple concept. Applies to ALL. Not a few, not a pet group of entitlement, ALL.

When there's no damage or abuse transpiring at the tea party that already happened, I think that speaks very well of them, don't you? Leading by example to the rest of the world how democracy works without throwing rocks.

Nothing is more ridiculous than a peace march that gets violent, don't you think???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies