Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2009, 06:32 PM

1,490 posts, read 2,033,337 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
That's true.

He didn't come in rip roaring drunk and try to feel up the Old Girl like Bush did with Chancellor Merkel at the G8.

He also didn't barf on the Japanese P.M. like Bush 41 did.
A mind is a terrible thing to waste.

Pls share when Pres Bush drunkenly felt up Ch. Merkel.

Pres. Bush "41" was ill. Or do you think he meant to do that?

Try to stay focused on the present. Your hero Pres. Obama is quite the light weight.

Think you know that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2009, 06:34 PM

1,026 posts, read 1,193,007 times
"First Visitors brought a gift for the Queen that managed to combine thoughtfulness, modernity and a dash of history: an iPod loaded with video footage of her 2007 visit to Virginia."

Royal meeting: Obamas bring dash of style - and a personalised iPod - to the palace | World news | The Guardian

http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2...-brown-outfits

It doesn't sound "classless" to me. It sounds like they have been quite well-received.

The First Lady looks lovely.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandsty...ture=345363107

Old 04-01-2009, 06:44 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,535,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsupstate View Post
The POTUS and the First Lady are supposed to represent the U.S. on the world stage in a positive manner. Taking a look at photos coming from the
G20 summit, I'm embarrassed to be a U.S. citizen.

Moderator cut: No flaming
Their gift to The Queen? An I-Pod. Come on. How embarrasing. When are Obama and Michelle going to get past the cheap pop culture gift stuff?

The photos of Michelle are even more embarrassing. She shows up at 10 Downing Street in some black leather / nylon type jacket that would look more at home on MTV's Real World than on the First Lady. Later, of course, Michelle is seen sleeveless. Checked the weather in London lately Michelle?

Not representative of most U.S. citizens at all. Sad.

Laura Bush, on any given day, ALWAYS looked as if she was dressed to be the Greeter at WalMart or Kmart, yet the Obama haters attack Michelle Obama for being stylish.

The Hater-Aid is flowing heavily these days for the bitter Bushies and the Palin-ites.

By the way, Vogue doesn't do "ghetto"...daaawling!

Last edited by vec101; 04-11-2009 at 02:46 PM..

Old 04-01-2009, 06:59 PM

37,218 posts, read 19,210,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by omle View Post

Pls share when Pres Bush drunkenly felt up Ch. Merkel.

I'll sit pat.

YOU prove that he didn't, how's about? All I know is that she spurned his advances when he grabbed her at the G8.

The Obama's are being received as though they are rock stars, and everyone there wants to get their picture taken with them. They have already done more for America's image in two months than all the Bushes put together did in all their many terms. The British press, BTW, loves them.

Moderator cut: No insults or personal attacks

Last edited by vec101; 04-11-2009 at 02:26 PM..

Old 04-01-2009, 07:01 PM

By the way, Vogue didn't fawn all over Laura Bush and I doubt it was because of fashion sense.

Oh, and pls stop it with the M. O. is so fashionista. Target at best.

Last edited by vec101; 04-11-2009 at 02:47 PM..

Old 04-01-2009, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
I'll sit pat.

YOU prove that he didn't, how's about? All I know is that she spurned his advances when he grabbed her at the G8.

The Obama's are being received as though they are rock stars, and everyone there wants to get their picture taken with them. They have already done more for America's image in two months than all the Bushes put together did in all their many terms. The British press, BTW, loves them.

BTW, image is not what I admire most.

Last edited by vec101; 04-11-2009 at 02:27 PM..

Old 04-01-2009, 07:22 PM

[quote=omle;8147063]

BTW, image is not what I admire most.

quote]

With President Obama in the White House, you probably have a long four years ahead of you. As for the majority of voters, I think I speak for them when I say that we are glad that George W. (Uncle Dick said I could sit here) Bush has long since gone back to Texas to hide under his flat rock and we have a statesman in the White House for the first time in years who will leave America able to function in the free world.

No one really cares what you admire, BTW. The days of discussing every foreign relations situation in terms of how many troops and how much force it will take to squelch it are over and gone, and the keyword for tomorrow is "diplomacy". Our image in the world is critical to the success of that diplomacy.

In the words of Abraham Lincoln, "Most people are as happy as they make up their minds to be".

Good luck.

Last edited by vec101; 04-11-2009 at 02:27 PM..

Old 04-01-2009, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by omle View Post

Oh, and pls stop it with the M. O. is so fashionista. Target at best.
Vogue doesn't do Target, either. Sorry.

Old 04-01-2009, 07:51 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,567,747 times
I think people are forgetting that Michelle is obviously much younger than Barbara Bush or other First Ladies were in recent times, so obviously she's not going to be completely covered up in head to toe houndstooth or plaid. Come on people, grab some sense!

Old 04-01-2009, 08:07 PM

I think Michelle represents us elegantly with her own flair, which has been well received everywhere she has been except on C-D.

I am proud that she is our First Lady.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies