Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2009, 08:11 AM

5,319 posts, read 8,996,986 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
A good amount of the leftists have quite a hive mind way of posting that it does lead one to suspect they are given their talking points....
And several right-wing extremists read their right-wing political blogs each day, and then re-post their contents here in new threads, as if they were "actual legitimate news stories", and not simply "right-wing propaganda".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2009, 08:15 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,867,298 times
I am not paid for my posting. However, with the constant practice created by the conservative ditoheads, I am going to send some of my work to a couple of shows and see if I can become a paid political commentator.

Old 04-02-2009, 08:16 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,319,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillysB View Post
How Many People Are Paid to Post Here?

I suspect more than one considering the drivel that gets posted and replied largely just to push interesting topics off the page. I suspected that was taking place prior to the election.

Due to the activities of those 'activists', I hold any post from a bleeding bum liberal as suspect unless proven otherwise.

The lesson here is that if we want to restore the Constitution to the intent of the founders then we need to learn to recognize the subversion of lefty activists and prepare to counter. Polite chat is of no use as their intent is to squelch the polite and attack the opposition.

Read and interpret leftist posts as such.
And RW posts the same way.

Old 04-02-2009, 08:20 AM

1,591 posts, read 3,556,898 times
I wouldn't be surprised if some of those left-wing posters are sponsored by foreign governments trying to bring down our country and our Constitution.

Old 04-02-2009, 08:25 AM

1,048 posts, read 2,391,143 times
I've built quite a successful empire being paid to post. Many governments pay, and pay well, for me to spread my thoughts across the interwebz. So do large companies. It is quite amazing actually.

Old 04-02-2009, 08:27 AM

7,993 posts, read 12,883,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
What's your guess about the percent/number of people that post here in the Politics and Other Controversies forum (and sub-forums) as part of their job, paid or volunteer, to promote some agenda? They could either be lobbyists, staff of politicians, paid or volunteer members of organized supposed non-profit groups, etc.

I underlined "post" because I assume there are a lot of people who read these forums to get an idea about how the public is thinking but do not post in order to promote the agenda of the organization they work for. I'm not talking about the readers, just the posters who post as part of their job assignment.

I'm thinking the other forums have people with agendas, too, where it's part of their job (volunteer or paid) to post to applicable forums but for right now, I'm just interested in what you think about this Politics and Other Controversies forum.
I know three specific daily posters in this forum who are Obamatron workers. One of them let it slip in a post.

Think for a minute.....you can tell who the paid Obamatrons are by the tone of their post.

5,767 posts, read 5,023,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillysB View Post
How Many People Are Paid to Post Here?

I suspect more than one considering the drivel that gets posted and replied largely just to push interesting topics off the page. I suspected that was taking place prior to the election.

Due to the activities of those 'activists', I hold any post from a bleeding bum liberal as suspect unless proven otherwise.

The lesson here is that if we want to restore the Constitution to the intent of the founders then we need to learn to recognize the subversion of lefty activists and prepare to counter. Polite chat is of no use as their intent is to squelch the polite and attack the opposition.

Read and interpret leftist posts as such.

You obviously aren't on the mailing list...the GOP started their internet trashing of President Obama before he was even sworn in, and it's been a
daily barrage of unimportant nonsense ever since. Teleprompter hypocrisy,
budget hypocrisy, the promulgation of lies and slanders...the RW is busy these days. No doubt one or two of their posters would happily add you to the payroll.

13,163 posts, read 1,720,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Worley View Post
I've built quite a successful empire being paid to post. Many governments pay, and pay well, for me to spread my thoughts across the interwebz. So do large companies. It is quite amazing actually.
It truly is amazing!

Old 04-02-2009, 08:30 AM

4,301 posts, read 7,042,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
I am not paid for my posting. However, with the constant practice created by the conservative ditoheads, I am going to send some of my work to a couple of shows and see if I can become a paid political commentator.
I have read many of your posts - And I strongly suspect the only job they would consider you suited for would be cleaning toilets .

In all seriousness, this topic is rather worthless.. The people here are too venomous and partisan to debate anything other than LW vs. RW. What a waste of everyones time..

Old 04-02-2009, 08:32 AM

4,173 posts, read 6,695,308 times
OP - you are giving me ideas.
Others - anyone wanna pay me?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies