Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2009, 05:36 AM

4,395 posts, read 4,912,795 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mearth View Post
Guns don't protect people from gun violence. Presidents have been shot and assassinated while surrounded by armed and trained Secret Service agents.
Gun owners are fully aware of this. I want my gun go that if I am ever faced with the threat of gun (or other weapon) violence that the playing field is level. I consider a gun in like an insurance policy - you don't want to use it but it is great to have when you really need it.

And for the anti-gun folk, please don't use the 'don't be so paranoid' argurment. I'm not looking for a fight. These people weren't looking for a fight either but someone brought the fight to them.

-Robert
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2009, 05:56 AM

9,059 posts, read 12,972,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasdrubal View Post
yeah, because the right-wingers who are using this shooting to advocate CCW for everyone are not doing such a thing
There is a difference. "We" are simply preserving the laws that exist with CCW, not expand or make them more lax. "You" are trying to revoke them or severely tighten them.

Still waiting for an intelligent challenge for the lax CCW laws in the Czech republic and why crime rates are low for such a relatively poor country.

Old 04-04-2009, 06:40 AM

24,411 posts, read 23,070,474 times
Hmmm, a guy who couldn't speak english and felt discriminated against because of it. An immigrant who lashed out at fellow immigrants, many of who were taking classes to learn english. Its hard to pigeon hole this guy. You fell bad for the people he killed, and that's about it. He lost his job, so is IBM to blame in part? Did he take a more qualified person's job to begin with based on his immigrant status and then not be able to hold onto it due to his inability to speak english? Is the USA's big push to mainstream immigrants into the workforce when they aren't yet ready to hold good paying jobs?
Asian men are becoming notorious for going psychotic. In 3 seperate shooting sprees they've taken over 50 lives in the last few years. That was something unheard of for a long time, outside of incidents in their own communities.

Old 04-04-2009, 07:05 AM

1,653 posts, read 1,170,790 times
I heard he was trying to learn English by listening to tapes of Glenn Beck.

Old 04-04-2009, 07:25 AM

870 posts, read 1,627,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukester View Post
We do need tighter regulations put in place that's for sure... I should fire a note off to Patty Murray in the Senate about the escalation of gun violence.
you should....and if she is a nut she will listen to you.

Old 04-04-2009, 07:58 AM

3,722 posts, read 4,310,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTraik View Post
Just another angry imported chinaman.... probably got the guns illegally just as nearly every other criminal does.
So now it's "an angry imported chinaman", as if he didn't take his cue from all the white gun nuts that have preceeded him. Give me a ****ing break.

Old 04-04-2009, 08:00 AM

3,722 posts, read 4,310,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimw144 View Post
i heard he was trying to learn english by listening to tapes of glenn beck.

Old 04-04-2009, 09:44 AM

2,095 posts, read 2,581,902 times
He was upset that he couldn't speak English (and blamed the Civic Association for not teaching him well). Sounds like another American with an entitlement problem. It's always the fault of someone else.

Old 04-04-2009, 09:47 AM

5,528 posts, read 7,495,153 times
I never expected that from a Vietnamese.

Old 04-04-2009, 09:51 AM

19,567 posts, read 21,873,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasdrubal View Post
yeah, because the right-wingers who are using this shooting to advocate CCW for everyone are not doing such a thing
Simply pointing out a truth....not trying to push laws restricting peoples inalienable rights.

I imagine if an armed security officer was in the building to counter this loon people would be fine...somehow paying someone a few dollars an hour to be a rent a cop makes it better...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies