Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2009, 11:22 PM

3,085 posts, read 5,242,693 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishvanguard View Post
Sorry, but this tradition came into full fashion with the Bush-is-an-idiot crowd.

Hate to have to point out that Obama is somewhere below idiot level.
That crowd didn't come in full force until Bush's major screw-ups gave them an identifiable reason to. Obama hasn't been dealt the same benefit of the doubt.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2009, 11:25 PM

3,199 posts, read 4,319,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSykes View Post
That crowd didn't come in full force until Bush's major screw-ups gave them an identifiable reason to. Obama hasn't been dealt the same benefit of the doubt.
I'll can say about this logic is LOL

Old 04-03-2009, 11:26 PM

2,661 posts, read 2,904,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colossus_Antonis View Post
Why is the same Bush-bash side asking for respect, once the shoe is on the other foot
Here's the specific request:
Quote:
attacks against his Kenyan heritage (which many African Americans take great pride in), his name, and his ethnicity should stop.
And that is a simple, reasonable request, isn't it?

On the other hand, it does quickly betray the poster using those techniques as childish - allowing me to quickly bypass the post in question.
Glass half-full.

Old 04-03-2009, 11:27 PM

3,709 posts, read 4,630,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSykes View Post
Oh, I forgot. We are supposed to give Obama a free ride until he turns us into a third-world autocracy.

Moderator cut: racist

Last edited by katzenfreund; 04-04-2009 at 09:10 AM..

Old 04-03-2009, 11:31 PM

3,199 posts, read 4,319,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishvanguard View Post
Oh, I forgot. We are supposed to give Obama a free ride until he turns us into a third-world autocracy.
Or until the requisite number of "major screw ups" (in Mr Sykes opinion) Whichever comes first LOL

Old 04-03-2009, 11:31 PM

84 posts, read 219,186 times
You people are so brainwashed

Old 04-03-2009, 11:36 PM

4,604 posts, read 8,235,303 times
Show respect to the President

Hey, I voted in the General Election and regardless of my vote I still have the right to say...

Frak off

Old 04-03-2009, 11:37 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,734,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by compJockey View Post
Here's the specific request:

And that is a simple, reasonable request, isn't it?

On the other hand, it does quickly betray the poster using those techniques as childish - allowing me to quickly bypass the post in question.
Glass half-full.
Aren't cowboys and southerners more culturally American than the other from one ocean and a whole continent away?

How many times have I read of Bush being ridiculed for his Texan roots, within the US and the world over.

Let's try to play fair

Old 04-03-2009, 11:38 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,484,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleWA View Post
I know many of you here have disagreements with and grievances against the policies of President Obama. However, Mr. Obama was democratically elected by the people of the United States to the office of President. The amount of open hostility and derogatory comments against the President is despicable and rather un-American. It’s perfectly acceptable to attack the President’s policies, but attacks against his Kenyan heritage (which many African Americans take great pride in), his name, and his ethnicity should stop.

tl;dr: Stop disrespecting the President of the United States.
Agreed. It is not necessary to attack the man personally if the point is a disagreement with the President's policies, goals, or actions. His work in the last few months is sufficient to keep those who do not approve of him busy for months, if not years. Digging into the man personally is an act of desperation, is pathetic, and undermines the focus of more rational arguments (of which some are quite valid, I should add).

Old 04-03-2009, 11:39 PM

84 posts, read 219,186 times
Hey they both have spent us into a depression!!! These guys are the SAME crap

screw them, its time you wake up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies