Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2009, 11:55 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,734,289 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukester View Post
Bush couldn't construct a sentance. He was an embarrassment.
You see it's "sentence".

Noone is grammatically perfect.

He who has no sin casts the first stone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2009, 12:05 AM

799 posts, read 1,445,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jody84 View Post
LOL Glenn beck? EKKKK Heck no, I dont watch faux news. I follow trends and research history. I dont put my full hope in ONE FREAKING MAN. haha

There are some really great shows on fox news and fox business. You are missing out. Check out Happy Hour, Redeye, and Cavuto. Those are some of the best shows on TV.

Old 04-04-2009, 12:18 AM

23,861 posts, read 24,125,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSykes View Post
Obama hasn't been dealt the same benefit of the doubt.
See below...
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrfitchett4 View Post
Obama has spent more than Bush did in 8 years, in 3 months
He's spent more than every president for the last 70 years, combined, and that includes the most expensive war in world history.

I think Obama's been given the benefit of the doubt. The problem is, he's removed all doubt, leaving nothing from which to benefit...

I wanted to and did give him a chance. He blew it (for me, anyway). Not only is he spending like an aircraft carrier's worth of drunken sailors, but he's also proven himself to be a flat-out liar. He's passed the two largest tax increases in U.S. history, despite his claim that 95% of citizens wouldn't see any of their taxes increase.

Obama is - very quickly - destroying this country. We'll be lucky to survive four years of this madness.

The most frightening thing about all of this is that there's still people cheerleading him on in his frenzied destruction...

The honeymoon's over, guys. It's time you woke up and realized that the person you chose to marry only married you for your money.

Old 04-04-2009, 12:21 AM

5,767 posts, read 5,018,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by compJockey View Post
Here's the specific request:

And that is a simple, reasonable request, isn't it?

On the other hand, it does quickly betray the poster using those techniques as childish - allowing me to quickly bypass the post in question.
Glass half-full.

Apparently it's beyond the reach of some people. People who despised Bush did so as a direct result of his administration's policies and actions. John McCain at least had the sense and decency to condemn the use of torture by Americans.
President Obama, on the other hand, has been vilified since he entered the
presidential primaries. The RW refuses to acknowledge any positive trait or policy of President Obama, and the ridiculous topics pushed by the GOP as
serious issues do little to affect his poll numbers. This productive trip to Europe must be particularly galling; I well remember the day when photos,
drawings and magazine covers of President Kennedy adorned walls across the globe, and Obama inspires people in the same way, like it or not.
The level of venom against this man is incredible, and it's embarrassing to
wonder what the rest of the world thinks as they watch how we are handling having an bi-racial president. As an Illinoisian who paid some attention to him when he was in the Illinois State Senate and of course the U.S. Senate, it's apparent that he was vastly underestimated by the
opposition. President Obama deserves to be judged by whether his policies
are successful or not, instead of pure opposition.
There was a day when intelligent discussions between two mature people
were handled with basic civility and gentility. President Obama deserves nothing less.

Old 04-04-2009, 12:26 AM

10,503 posts, read 15,572,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
See below...

He's spent more than every president for the last 70 years, combined, and that includes the most expensive war in world history.

I think Obama's been given the benefit of the doubt. The problem is, he's removed all doubt, leaving nothing from which to benefit...

I wanted to and did give him a chance. He blew it (for me, anyway). Not only is he spending like an aircraft carrier's worth of drunken sailors, but he's also proven himself to be a flat-out liar. He's passed the two largest tax increases in U.S. history, despite his claim that 95% of citizens wouldn't see any of their taxes increase.

Obama is - very quickly - destroying this country. We'll be lucky to survive four years of this madness.

The most frightening thing about all of this is that there's still people cheerleading him on in his frenzied destruction...

The honeymoon's over, guys. It's time you woke up and realized that the person you chose to marry only married you for your money.
For me, because I voted for him, I'll give him...oh, well I guess at LEAST another year before I pass judgment. You know, that gives the minute minimum of time to see if anything happens. You know, just to give some sort of leeway And Swagger, I HIGHLY doubt that you gave him any sort of chance. The reason I say this is because of, well, your post history. Please do not try to BS, your posts tell a different story. And if he DID marry me for my money...HAHAHAHA!!! Ahhh, that's a good one...oh, if only I had money to give to that cause that you seem to be talking about.

Old 04-04-2009, 12:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salukifan1 View Post
President Obama, on the other hand, has been vilified since he entered the presidential primaries.
Welcome to politics...

Quote:
...what the rest of the world thinks as they watch how we are handling having an bi-racial president.
I can't seem to recall what European country elected a minority to their top position... maybe you can help me out with that.

Many Europeans love to make claims that America is a country of racists, yet for some reason, they never seem to put a minority into their most powerful elected positions...

Quote:
President Obama deserves to be judged by whether his policies
are successful or not
I guess we have different definitions for "success". For me, he would have been successful if he could have brought us out of the economic situation (or let it self-correct, as it almost surely would have done) without spending us into so much debt that our position as the worlds only superpower is put on a precipice. This is especially important with China's current pace of development and Russia testing the water and beginning to throw their weight around again.

Quote:
There was a day when intelligent discussions between two mature people were handled with basic civility and gentility. President Obama deserves nothing less.
I'm sure that any discussion he's involved in is handled in that way. I have no such obligation to him, you or anyone else to maintain such civility when discussing him, however. I generally do, but I can give as good as I get, and when necessary, I will.

What the president deserves from the citizenry is our scrutiny, and notification of our disapproval when we think he's doing his job poorly. Nothing more. He works for us, remember?

Old 04-04-2009, 12:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
Swagger, I HIGHLY doubt that you gave him any sort of chance. The reason I say this is because of, well, your post history. Please do not try to BS, your posts tell a different story.
Back up your accusation, if you can. I won't deny that I've been critical of him from day one, but the criticism was based purely on his stated positions and his voting record.

If you're going to make that claim against me, you need to prove it.

Old 04-04-2009, 12:50 AM

10,503 posts, read 15,572,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
Back up your accusation, if you can. I won't deny that I've been critical of him from day one, but the criticism was based purely on his stated positions and his voting record.

If you're going to make that claim against me, you need to prove it.
You seriously want me to go thru your post record right now? Sorry, I'm busy on this forum, plus I'm enjoying my smokes & beer too much. However, I can assure you...actually, you already know this, it's quite obvious that you are not a fan of Obama & regardless if it's based on his actions right now, in the past or in the future, I can predict that you will never be a supporter. So, what exactly are you trying to dispute? Your very own feelings on the president??

Old 04-04-2009, 01:01 AM

39,031 posts, read 23,029,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleWA View Post
I know many of you here have disagreements with and grievances against the policies of President Obama. However, Mr. Obama was democratically elected by the people of the United States to the office of President. The amount of open hostility and derogatory comments against the President is despicable and rather un-American. It’s perfectly acceptable to attack the President’s policies, but attacks against his Kenyan heritage (which many African Americans take great pride in), his name, and his ethnicity should stop.

tl;dr: Stop disrespecting the President of the United States.
I agree. It's sad to see how disrespectful Americans have become by mocking our elected leaders. It's fine to voice dissent regarding the policies of our president which is our 1st amendment right but these insults need to STOP! I find the postings against Obama just as repulsive as those aimed at GWB. Please people ... Show some class.

Old 04-04-2009, 01:04 AM

39,031 posts, read 23,029,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishvanguard View Post
Sorry, but this tradition came into full fashion with the Bush-is-an-idiot crowd.

Hate to have to point out that Obama is somewhere below idiot level.
Just because many liberals demonstrated a lack of class in insulting Bush does not mean it's ok to insult Obama. Two wrongs don't make it right. Why can't the republicans on here take the high road and show some class!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies