Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2009, 02:29 AM

11,944 posts, read 14,784,939 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
Is it far left or liberal if: one flips the Nazi salute in allusion to a Republican president? Is it far left or liberal if you advocate violence and hatred against "Christians" but all other religions are "persecuted"? Is it far left or liberal if you consider ALL people who own firearms to be a threat?Is it far left or liberal if you stereo type all people from the South as "racist rednecks"? Is it far left or liberal to say that "racist war mongering baby killers" make up the conservative set" etc. Is it far left or liberal if they think that the NRA is a terrorist organization? This blade cuts both ways. I do not espouse any of the things you said in your post, but for all the predjudice surrounding some of the "discussion" I have seen lately I may as well. I'm actually surprised that here has not been more violence between the opposing views for all the hatred and rabid rhetoric being thrown about from both sides of the "debate". YepWe Are Right! Wow................
The problem I have with your theory is that paleo conservatives have very much distanced themselves from these extremist elements, while neos have embraced them within what appears to be their voter base to the rest of us standing outside the fray. Just an observation. I chalked it up to them hiding behind your flag, but then I read this...
YepWe Are Right!
That doesn't really work for America, or for the constitution. It only works for the me me me's having a mid life crisis. That was never what the republican party was about, but what a shame to see it laid so low. Everyone who disagrees with you isn't a liberal. Your behavior is symptom of your party illness.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2009, 02:33 AM

11,944 posts, read 14,784,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spankys bbq View Post
Adding, as far as looking at internet sites, that does NOT mean you necessarily agree with their views.

I've looked at the sites for Westboro Baptist Church, Stormfront, and dozens of other I do not agree with at all. I'd say I'm pretty sane and have no desire to run around and shoot random people. I occasionally take the time to see what kind of nuts are out there. It can also make for some interesting shock topics around the water cooler.
Is there a BBQ flavored ice cream? I don't think I'd like that.

Old 04-06-2009, 02:42 AM

4,761 posts, read 7,837,223 times
Last time I checked, no. 'Twas an attempt at something random enough that it would make people stop and smile. Or just shake their head.

Must have worked.

Old 04-06-2009, 02:45 AM

14,317 posts, read 22,388,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muleskinner View Post
Not at all surprised.

Old 04-06-2009, 02:49 AM

4,761 posts, read 7,837,223 times
Alexus, I gather from your comment that you didn't read the entire thread. Otherwise there would probably be more substance to your post.

Am I wrong?

Old 04-06-2009, 03:57 AM

37,221 posts, read 19,210,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViewFromThePeak View Post
Using a story involving the death of police officers to instigate political debate is pretty dern psychopathic.
I find your statement particularly interesting in view of your posts on other threads about killing cops.

Old 04-06-2009, 04:03 AM

37,221 posts, read 19,210,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post

He was posting on Stormfront, NOT exactly a mainstream right wing forum.

He was thinking of getting Neo-Nazi tattoos....
A decidedly RW website, nonetheless.

Old 04-06-2009, 04:27 AM

3,857 posts, read 4,216,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muleskinner View Post

Ahhhh, another Stormfront.org member makes the news.

"Richard Poplawski posted his profile and photographs of his tattoos on the white supremacist Web site Stormfront".......(quotes from the above link).

"For some time now there has been a pretty good connection between being sucked into this conspiracy world and propagating violence," Heidi Beirich, director of research at the Southern Poverty Law Center -- a non-profit that tracks the activities of hate groups -- told the newspaper.

Last edited by Austin13; 04-06-2009 at 04:40 AM..

Old 04-06-2009, 04:28 AM

3,857 posts, read 4,216,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spankys bbq View Post
Adding, as far as looking at internet sites, that does NOT mean you necessarily agree with their views.

I've looked at the sites for Westboro Baptist Church, Stormfront, and dozens of other I do not agree with at all. I'd say I'm pretty sane and have no desire to run around and shoot random people. I occasionally take the time to see what kind of nuts are out there. It can also make for some interesting shock topics around the water cooler.
Did you create an account and profile at Stormfront? I have read their site too, but don't have a "profile" and membership there.

Old 04-06-2009, 06:29 AM

24,417 posts, read 23,070,474 times
He also ranted about "zionist" conspiracies, a hatred which is shared by left wing and right wing whackos.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies