Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2009, 12:19 PM

Location: I currently exist only in a state of mind. one too complex for geographic location.
4,196 posts, read 5,849,260 times

Advertisements

that's why I said it was interesting. can't really blame people for voting for him in 2000. his platform seemed pretty solid. I never voted for him, but understand people liking that humble message.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamexican View Post
I watched it and how Ironic that Bush was exactly everything that he spoke against.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2009, 12:22 PM

4,906 posts, read 6,854,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefinalsay View Post
that's why I said it was interesting. can't really blame people for voting for him in 2000. his platform seemed pretty solid. I never voted for him, but understand people liking that humble message.
Good point, but in his 2004 campaign he ran as the opposite and was supported by the same voting block. What does that say about voters?

Old 04-06-2009, 12:24 PM

9,644 posts, read 9,857,288 times
Quote:
Bush was the worst president ever.
Dont worry Obama will get that title before its over

Old 04-06-2009, 12:25 PM

Location: I currently exist only in a state of mind. one too complex for geographic location.
the average american voter is an idiot. bush used fear to get re-elected. we were told that he was the only one who could bring victory in iraq. plus, the iraq war was still in the infancy stages and the economy was still solid. it's not like kerry was a great opponent, but bush did lose some states in 04 like new hampshire.

Quote:
Good point, but in his 2004 campaign he ran as the opposite and was supported by the same voting block. What does that say about voters?

Old 04-06-2009, 12:27 PM

5,922 posts, read 8,074,917 times
Bush isn't smart enough to be a wolf in sheep's clothing. He might be smart enough to be a geranium in sheep's clothing though.

Old 04-06-2009, 12:29 PM

17,764 posts, read 39,767,067 times
Bush was the ultimate puppet president, even worse than Reagan.

I think that Bush as a "guy" would be the life of the party .... frat boy in full effect and a pretty good time. But considering that he was a failed businessman a few times over, how he was annointed by the SCOTUS in 2k will always be beyond me.

Old 04-06-2009, 12:29 PM

1,843 posts, read 2,373,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefinalsay View Post
this video is pretty interesting. it's clips from debates during 2000. to all those bush haters who say that he was a warmonger, and so were those who voted for him, you might be right, but only in 2004. this is the george bush we forgot, the one that was almost able to beat al gore. he was a wolf in sheeps clothing. I also find it funny that the bush haters just voted for another wolf in sheeps clothing in 2008.

YouTube - The George Bush You Forgot

I find the man almost as interesting as Sarah Palin.

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...alin-lost.html

Old 04-06-2009, 12:32 PM

9,644 posts, read 9,857,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post

I think that Bush as a "guy" would be the life of the party .... frat boy in full effect and a pretty good time. But considering that he was a failed businessman a few times over, how he was annointed by the SCOTUS in 2k will always be beyond me.
Obama ran a business? Which one? What did he own or run?

Obama knows how to party also he does it every Wed lol

Old 04-06-2009, 12:34 PM

well considering he ran against a fear monger who rides across the globe in a private jet lecturing on the dangers of "global warming." to his credit, I heard that gore's private jet had limited carbon emissions because it runs on self satisfaction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post

Old 04-06-2009, 12:36 PM

um, yeah dude. you voted for a crackhead hooker screwing mayor, so not really taking you all that seriously.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlchurch View Post
Bush isn't smart enough to be a wolf in sheep's clothing. He might be smart enough to be a geranium in sheep's clothing though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies