Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2009, 04:33 PM

2,574 posts, read 2,487,771 times

Advertisements

From the moment I joined the forum,I was surprised with the number of America - bashing threads & comments...

So,there occured to me a simple but meaningful question...

Those USA bashers,who don't like the American economy,the healthcare system,the justice system,the proliferation of arms,the...the...

Why don't they emigrate to their favourite...kinder gentler country ...?

Why do they stay here & ...suffer ?

I expect ...interesting answers,straight from the heart,or ...the gut...

Old 12-17-2009, 04:38 PM

23,864 posts, read 24,108,334 times
Oh, but they LOVE America. They just don't like all the silly, meaningless, outdated things - such as the Constitution - that keep us from being just like everybody else.

Old 12-17-2009, 04:39 PM

5,922 posts, read 8,065,889 times
They are waiting for Montana to secede so that they can go there. Republicanville.

Old 12-17-2009, 04:43 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,518,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harrymiafl View Post
From the moment I joined the forum,I was surprised with the number of America - bashing threads & comments...

Those USA bashers,who don't like the American economy,the healthcare system,the justice system,the proliferation of arms,the...the...

Because we love what we once knew, something called "Democracy"

But the neoconservatives stole two elections, and, well, things have not been the same since.

These neoconservatives and their idiot supporters are not going to run me off, however. Bush's war may be in Iraq, and Obama's war may be in Afghanistan, but the next one may involve us all.

Old 12-17-2009, 04:43 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,442,508 times
They rather stay here and itch about it!

Old 12-17-2009, 04:44 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,147,970 times
Quote:

This is a duplicate thread.....What will it take for you to leave this country?

However, criticizing your government is a responsible patriotic thing to do...it means you're not a complacent do-nothing dork.

Although if you'd care to send me a very large check I will gladly be in the south of France in the blink of an eye.

Old 12-17-2009, 04:45 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,386,012 times
Quote:

Because they love their country and want to change it?

There is nothing wrong with questioning ones government.

Old 12-17-2009, 04:46 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,654,488 times
This is where I was born...and I don't have another country I like any better. This is my HOME. I'm not even leaving the state, much less the country.

Old 12-17-2009, 04:48 PM

23,864 posts, read 24,108,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
However, criticizing your government is a responsible patriotic thing to do...it means you're not a complacent do-nothing dork.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
There is nothing wrong with questioning ones government.
The OP listed more than just the government... And that's what I've noticed, as well - there are a lot of people here who do nothing but complain about all kinds of things - not just the government or politics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Although if you'd care to send me a very large check I will gladly be in the south of France in the blink of an eye.
How much will it take? Can I get a group discount if we round up a whole gaggle of you guys?

Old 12-17-2009, 04:51 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,626,028 times
I have been accused of being an 'America basher' on this forum more than once.

I am an immigrant (legal, of course) and I do love this country, but there are things that I would like changed. So, I go through the process of protesting, voting, petitioning and sometimes loudly voicing my opinion on what things I dislike. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

Anyone who is complacent about the country they live in, it's people and it's actions is the most un-American in my opinion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies