Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2009, 01:02 PM

1,655 posts, read 3,246,382 times

Advertisements

Interracial marriage is immoral in my opinion but the majority have since made it more acceptable, and we have to go along with the majority. [/quote]

Shhh... you had me at Hail Hitler. Thanks for revealing your true agenda. I now know to ignore you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2009, 01:32 PM

355 posts, read 447,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vsmoove View Post
Shhh... you had me at Hail Hitler. Thanks for revealing your true agenda. I now know to ignore you.
Please feel free to do so if you are unable to stand opposing viewpoints or the content of this city-data forum that allows it.

The more leftist emotional people that ignore me will result in less aggravation for me and the many who share my same principles.

Old 04-08-2009, 02:46 PM

3,282 posts, read 5,200,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yikesamillion View Post
I want to add that the notion of separate but equal works perfectly well.

People should live where they so choose.
Contradictory.

Old 04-08-2009, 02:51 PM

Location: I currently exist only in a state of mind. one too complex for geographic location.
4,196 posts, read 5,842,493 times
no one is forcing you to tolerate gay people in any way. you can still laugh at gay people if you want.

Quote:
Why is it that the feds seem to know about the millions of illegal immigrants residing in this country but are unwilling to do much about the problem?

On that note why should the majority of those legal citizens be forced to tolerate migrants living here illegally and milking off the welfare system?

Why should the law-abiding citizens of this great country be made to tolerate the lazy minority that refuse to speak English fluently? Why should anybody who lives in the United States of America be getting by with not communicating in the language of the land, which is English?

Why must I be forced to speak with a foreign-accented representative from some third-world country who I can barely understand when I call for technical assistance or banking information? Why, when I ask to be transferred to a person in the United States, am I denied that option; and why is that considered intolerant or racist?

Why must the majority be forced to tolerate abnormal lifstyles such as homosexuality? Why aren't the rabid quantity of AIDS cases and other STDs enough to convince people about the dangers to society when people engage in such degenerate methods?

Most of all, relative to the above issue, why do the majority of people have to sit on the sidelines and put up with an elite minority of high and mighty judges that legislate from their benches? Why is it okay when a judge ignores the basic foundations of society as well as the Constitution and makes a knee-jerk decision, but it's considered barbaric, homophobic, and backwoods when the majority of voters constitutionally approve bans on same-sex marriage?

Why do we all have to change the way we live and go green just to satisfy a small minority of outspoken doomsday environmentalists? Why can't this small group of activists change their ways and stop pushing legislation to affect the rest of our everyday lifestyles?

Why have we allowed ourselves to be shoved into a politically-correct state of so-called tolerance of unorthodox ways? Society is crumbling around us thanks to all this wonderful diversity, and we sit on our hands and swallow it like castor oil. Can anybody explain the reasons in a rational manner without the usual bashing or name-calling?

Old 04-08-2009, 03:08 PM

355 posts, read 447,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoarfrost View Post
Contradictory.
How so?

Most people want to live near other people of the same race, same ethnic backgrounds, same religion, same culture, and similar viewpoints. Why? Because they are more comfortable associating with folks of their own kind.

They have a right to live where they so choose. Forcing integration never has worked.

So how is that contradictory?

Old 04-08-2009, 03:12 PM

3,282 posts, read 5,200,356 times
Quote:
How so?

Most people want to live near other people of the same race, same ethnic backgrounds, same religion, same culture, and similar viewpoints. Why? Because they are more comfortable associating with folks of their own kind.

They have a right to live where they so choose. Forcing integration never has worked.

Separate but equal would designate where people were allowed to live based on ethnicity, essentially taking away their right to "live where they so choose".

I wonder how you can not see how separate but equal and freedom are essentially opposite ends of the spectrum. But believing what you believe, it isn't exactly surprising that such gaping logical holes have to be overlooked.

Forcing segregation has never worked either. But historical precedent must be something you omit from your arguments as well. Similarly unsurprising.

Old 04-08-2009, 03:52 PM

1,986 posts, read 4,065,517 times
Quote:
... Why must the majority be forced to tolerate abnormal lifstyles such as homosexuality? Why aren't the rabid quantity of AIDS cases and other STDs enough to convince people about the dangers to society when people engage in such degenerate methods?

Most of all, relative to the above issue, why do the majority of people have to sit on the sidelines and put up with an elite minority of high and mighty judges that legislate from their benches? ...

... Can anybody explain the reasons in a rational manner without the usual bashing or name-calling?
Quote:
I expected that kind of irrational ignorant response without any specific answers to the questions I asked.

What is really amazing is how the leftists claim to be so tolerant of other viewpoints, but they quickly retort to name-calling, personal attacks, and bigoted labeling when they do not agree with viewpoints that are opposite of theirs.

Now can anybody else post responses in a dignified rational manner?
Are you joking? Who do you think you are?

Quote:
When unconventional ways are accepted it often leads to ways that are immoral and illegal.

When this happens there is no equality, only a high amount of leniency given to the people with degenerate or criminal lifestyles. The majority no longer rules and that is purely unacceptable.
Quote:
It wasn't until the '90s when they were allowed into the military, but only under the guidelines of don't ask-don't tell. In other words a person is allowed to engage in a deviant lifestyle in private but not in public or on the job.
That's not what it means. Educate yourself before you make statements like this.
Quote:
(5) I wish people would stop referring to homosexuals as gay. Gay means happy, merry, joyful. The homosexual lifestyle is dark, demented, and harmful, clearly the opposite of what gay traditionally means. AIDS was carried over to the United States by means of homosexual methods, and it spread to the heterosexual community by homosexuals with bisexual tendencies.

(6) This is why we have ballots so the citizens can decide what is acceptable in society. In the case of same-sex marriage the majority has clearly outruled what a few arrogant judges mandate. The true mandate rests with the registered voters.
Agree or not your lives are affected by the millions of illegals, foreign-accented representatives in distant third-world nations, the outspoken homosexual-rights activists, the elite minority of judges, and a few rabid environmental wackos.
Quote:
...With that said the 14th amendment needs to be repealed. .
Quote:
States have passed Constitutional amendments that mandate the true foundations of marriage, so your statement about states cannot make these kinds of laws is incorrect and irrelevant.
...In no way is this denying homosexuals their civil rights. It is the traditional definition of marriage that has been completely accepted throughout the progression of mankind.
Um, the Constitution has not been around as long as mankind.
Quote:
HIV was discovered and diagnosed in the early 1980s as Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome, primarily affecting those in the homosexual community.

I am not implying that AIDS is not affecting heterosexuals. It has spread from the homosexuals to the heterosexuals by way of transmission through unprotected intercourse, experimenting with multiple partners that are sexually active with the opposite sex and with the same sex.
And you're an authority on AIDS??? What are your credentials?
Quote:
The outspoken minoritiy segments of society are forcing their ways upon the majority, resulting in everybody having to change for their sake.

Nobody should have to tolerate anything that is disagreeable especially when it is immoral or illegal.
Quote:
For the last time.

Marraige is not a right and homosexuals do not have the same liberty to marry as heterosexuals do. If homosexuals dump their deviant lifestyles to become clean and straight they will be able to marry people of the opposite sex.
Homosexuals can fornicate in their closets and shut up about equal rights because they are not equal in this regard.
This is the most outrageous crap I have ever heard.
Quote:
I want to add that the notion of separate but equal works perfectly well.

If you believe that is a bad thing as you put it, look at how people in society mingle even to this day. Blacks generally mix better with blacks, hispanics with hispanics, Asians with Asians, whites with whites and so on. That is why you see many ethnic neighborhoods in larger cities, Little Havana, Little Mexico, Chinatown. Suburban and rural America often attract more white people.

People of different races usually like to be around members of their own race because they are more comfortable. Forcing integration has not worked. People should live where they so choose.
This is insane.

Quote:
Abnormal behavior should not be glorified, let alone legalized. Interracial marriage is immoral in my opinion but the majority have since made it more acceptable, and we have to go along with the majority. ... People do not wish to be forced to accept change when it destroys the moral fabric of society. Marriage is between one man and one woman only!
Quote:
Please feel free to do so if you are unable to stand opposing viewpoints or the content of this city-data forum that allows it.

The more leftist emotional people that ignore me will result in less aggravation for me and the many who share my same principles.
What does one say to such ignorance??? There are no words..

Quote:

Man, You need a shrink. You have some serious problems.

Old 04-08-2009, 06:03 PM

5,408 posts, read 12,662,427 times
interracial marriage is immoral?

ok i think you are just looking to start a tornado in here.

thank allah and jesus and ganesha and all the other gods, prophets saints and spirits that someone with your mentality is in the very small minority.

you are dismissed. you seem to be fishing for a fight with all your inflamatory rhetoric.

seriously. not worth it.

DISMISSED
Quote:
Abnormal behavior should not be glorified, let alone legalized. Interracial marriage is immoral in my opinion but the majority have since made it more acceptable, and we have to go along with the majority. Fast forward to modern times, homosexual marriage has been turned down by registered voters in every state that has taken the issue to the voting polls. People do not wish to be forced to accept change when it destroys the moral fabric of society. Marriage is between one man and one woman only!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies