Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2009, 11:48 AM

1,843 posts, read 2,372,145 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayinAK View Post
Well, he want to close Guantanamo, so capturing the pirates and bringing them there is not an option. But maybe he can have a talk with the bad guys and make friends. Maybe he can promise them to disarm a few nuclear missiles in exchange for the hostages.

Well fortunately we aren't limited to options like those anymore. Sanrene, you can ungird those loins and let them roam free!

Quote:
By KATHARINE HOURELD, Associated Press Writer Katharine Houreld, Associated Press Writer – 21 mins ago
NAIROBI, Kenya – The American crew of a hijacked U.S.-flagged cargo ship retook the vessel Wednesday from the Somali pirates who seized it far off the Horn of Africa, Pentagon officials said.
Pentagon says crew retake US ship from pirates (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090408/ap_on_bi_ge/piracy - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2009, 12:02 PM

5,615 posts, read 14,799,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rggr View Post
Yeah, but you risk facing a UN Resolution.
They'll resolve to write a letter stating that they're very, very upset with you!

Old 04-08-2009, 12:08 PM

7,138 posts, read 14,645,260 times
Wow, great job US crew!

Just wondering though what "punishment" awaits them for making such a hostile, aggressive move....ugly Americans, how dare they attempt to protect themselves and their vessel. OMG, what if they actually injured one of the effen pirates? Cuz ya know, we are always wrong.

Old 04-08-2009, 12:09 PM

2,095 posts, read 2,583,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewToCA View Post
Could be getting interesting:

The US crew of a ship hijacked by pirates off the coast of Somalia has retaken control of the vessel, according to Pentagon sources.

Unnamed US defence officials said one pirate had been captured by the crew of the Danish-owned Maersk Alabama, which was seized earlier in the Indian Ocean.

The status of the other pirates was unknown, but officials said they were "in the water".

BBC NEWS | World | Africa | Hijacked US crew 'retake vessel'
Awesome! That is what I American ingenuity.

Old 04-08-2009, 12:10 PM

8,002 posts, read 18,611,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilypad View Post
Wow, great job US crew!

Just wondering though what "punishment" awaits them for making such a hostile, aggressive move....ugly Americans, how dare they attempt to protect themselves and their vessel. OMG, what if they actually injured one of the effen pirates? Cuz ya know, we are always wrong.
Punishment? I say throw them overboard.

Old 04-08-2009, 12:11 PM

13,608 posts, read 21,405,022 times
I'm waiting for the attorney general to claim most weapons in Somalia are from American gunstores like he did with Mexico and that banning American's from owning guns would lessen the violence.

Old 04-08-2009, 12:16 PM

1,843 posts, read 2,372,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilypad View Post
Wow, great job US crew!

You know, I read the posts of the crybaby America-hating monstrosity that took over the Party I have voted for and supported all my adult life, including the last Administration. I listen to America declared dead, the Constitution declared a thing of the past, how our freedoms are no more, how our economy and our way of life are gone forever, and I think, "Who are these wretched pukes, and what are they doing in our America?" Well let me tell everyone of you lazy selfish whining crying sad sacks, you are not what America is about. The crew of this ship is what America is about, and you belong on your knees thanking them and every other loyal American who has defended your right to come on CD and make a hateful ass of yourself.

Old 04-08-2009, 12:20 PM

1,344 posts, read 3,612,703 times
Talk about "biting the hand that feeds"... That ship was delivering much needed food aid to SOMALIA, KENYA, etc... I say suspend all food shipments from here on out to that god forsaken continent.

Some people shouldn't breed, and usually those are the same people who should be isolated for extinction.

Old 04-08-2009, 12:21 PM

1,574 posts, read 4,859,629 times
It's good news that the captain and crew have been reported to have regained control of the ship. Turns out the captain is a few towns over from me so we are happy for him and his family as well as the rest of his crew. Unbelievable that with the extensive recent history of pirate attacks in that vital shipping lane the US Navy claims they are days away from assisting. What concerns me even more is that come November my unit will being deploying to landlocked Afghanistan which heavily relies on sealift of material and equipment to neighboring nation ports and then continued transit over hostile land routes. If Obama, Biden, and Gates and Company want to launch the grand endeavor of the "good war" I sure hope they figure out how to make sure the stuff we will need gets to us there.

Old 04-08-2009, 12:22 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,971,624 times
Quote:
why are you so pre-occupied with loins?
Keep up, will you? I would think it obvious - unless you're not the sharpest tool in the shed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies