Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2009, 11:42 AM

4,459 posts, read 4,207,855 times

Advertisements

This is an email I just got done sending to my Rep. Senator Patty Murray (D) from WA State.

Good Morning Ms Murray,

We are under going sad times in this country. There needs to be some constraints put in place to reign the fear of the RightWing DittoHeads. Look at all the mass shootings we have seen over the last few weeks a lone? There is a difference between free speech and provocation with intent to create a violent landscape. It really saddens me to think that you a long with other members of congress just quake in you boots when the NRA makes threats. Who do you work for? Your constituents or the NRA
?

I also called her office this morning... We got to stop the maddness!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2009, 12:11 PM

4,604 posts, read 8,229,745 times
Dukey, you oughtta be on the stage...

Old 04-08-2009, 12:17 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,316,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillysB View Post
Dukey, you oughtta be on the stage...

Here's a jumping off place for "violent landscape".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQR7a...eature=related

In Montana, our elected officials represent their constituents, and they ARE NRA.

Give em hell Bogy!

Last edited by ergohead; 04-08-2009 at 12:33 PM..

Old 04-08-2009, 12:19 PM

3,337 posts, read 5,118,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukester View Post
This is an email I just got done sending to my Rep. Senator Patty Murray (D) from WA State.

Good Morning Ms Murray,

We are under going sad times in this country. There needs to be some constraints put in place to reign the fear of the RightWing DittoHeads. Look at all the mass shootings we have seen over the last few weeks a lone? There is a difference between free speech and provocation with intent to create a violent landscape. It really saddens me to think that you a long with other members of congress just quake in you boots when the NRA makes threats. Who do you work for? Your constituents or the NRA?

And I am sure she took you seriously after seeing the term "RightWing DittoHeads".

Go back to class son.

Old 04-08-2009, 12:23 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,116,366 times
The main idea of this story? Look here:

Errors By Bloggers Kill Credibility & Traffic, Study Finds - ReadWriteWeb

Old 04-08-2009, 12:23 PM

13,601 posts, read 21,388,345 times
The only maddness is your thoughts and idealology that people should be disarmed.

Old 04-08-2009, 12:25 PM

4,459 posts, read 4,207,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theroc5156 View Post
And I am sure she took you seriously after seeing the term "RightWing DittoHeads".

Go back to class son.
She'll want to take me seriously if she wants my vote. I also called her office and used different language but am certain she got my point. Oh, thanks for for your concern...

Old 04-08-2009, 12:53 PM

799 posts, read 1,444,819 times
Quote:

Good Morning Ms Murray,

We are under going sad times in this country. There needs to be some constraints put in place to reign the fear of the RightWing DittoHeads. Look at all the mass shootings we have seen over the last few weeks a lone? There is a difference between free speech and provocation with intent to create a violent landscape. It really saddens me to think that you a long with other members of congress just quake in you boots when the NRA makes threats. Who do you work for? Your constituents or the NRA?

You really need to do some research before you start ranting. There is plenty of information about spree killers all over the net from sources that don't have an agenda and don't push propaganda. There are many factors that play a role in a person's potential to become a spree killer. Party affiliation is not one of those factors.

Old 04-08-2009, 12:57 PM

9,644 posts, read 9,843,013 times
Quote:

Good Morning Ms Murray,

We are under going sad times in this country. There needs to be some constraints put in place to reign the fear of the RightWing DittoHeads. Look at all the mass shootings we have seen over the last few weeks a lone? There is a difference between free speech and provocation with intent to create a violent landscape. It really saddens me to think that you a long with other members of congress just quake in you boots when the NRA makes threats. Who do you work for? Your constituents or the NRA
?

I called one today and told her about herself but this one was a democrat that went to Cuba and seems to be under the impression that Cubans in Cuba have freedom.

I also called Barney Franks to remind him he works for us and that he should watch how he talks to citizens.

I also called another democrat from Fla to remind him that he works for me.
That it should be his pay that is limited.

Old 04-08-2009, 01:08 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,013,577 times
When Bush became POTUS, Wayne LaPierre exulted that the NRA "owned" the Oval Office. Maybe he's
still wandering around in the basement of the White House. The level of murders due to guns in this country is unacceptable.

Gun violence in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies