Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-09-2009, 05:43 AM

8,346 posts, read 7,063,585 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
It meant "happy," "merry" or "cheerful" a LOT longer than it meant homosexual. Hundred of years, compared to mere decades.
Yet definitions change. Kinda like the definition of marriage, eh?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2009, 06:16 AM

479 posts, read 662,459 times
I am still waiting for a response to my questions about why Moderator cut: inappropriatehave to
fly the rainbow flag, have gay weeks at Disney, feel the need to have a gay parade, etc, etc.

There is nothing stupid about those questions...you took a typical liberal stance which is when asked hard questions, ridicule the questioner to deflect having to respond to the original point. Nice try but I ain't buying it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by idahogie View Post
Some people need to have things explained to them slowly.

See ... You said something stupid like "Why do they always have to shove their gayness in our faces?"

So I turned it around ... see? I was doing to you, what you were doing to gays. See?

Now, since you objected to my complaint about you, you might just see what was so stupid about your original statement, right?

Or is that asking too much?

Last edited by katzenfreund; 04-09-2009 at 08:37 AM..

Old 04-09-2009, 06:58 AM

5,041 posts, read 6,231,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridgewalker View Post
I am still waiting for a response to my questions about why Moderator cut: inappropriate have to
fly the rainbow flag, have gay weeks at Disney, feel the need to have a gay parade, etc, etc.

There is nothing stupid about those questions...you took a typical liberal stance which is when asked hard questions, ridicule the questioner to deflect having to respond to the original point. Nice try but I ain't buying it.
Are you part of any minority that has been discriminated against? Black, gay, female, anything? If you were, you might realize that history and culture in the US has been shaped primarily by straight white males, while people like you have been marginalized through oppression and theft. You might feel that celebrating your accomplishments, your culture, your history, your life, is a great value to you.

I live in the reddest part of one of the reddest states. I feel the need to announce my presence to the conservatives around me - just to shake them out of their stupor - just to make them aware that they are not the only ones here and that their assumptions about "how people are" need to be widened a bit. So we put a float in the parade. We have a Loving Day Celebration in the park. We promote concerts and movies.

That's what gays are doing - celebrating their lives and culture, and reminding idiots that they exist, and are proud. And I couldn't give a flying Moderator cut: language if it makes you or your bigoted friends uncomfortable. That's half the purpose, and I'm happy that it pisses you off. I hope that soon, you won't ever be able to go anywhere without seeing gays holding hands, smooching, marching, hanging out. I hope they are in the movies and on the radio. I hope you are extremely uncomfortable to the point of retching for the rest of your life.

Moderator cut: no personal attacks please

Last edited by katzenfreund; 04-09-2009 at 09:44 AM..

Old 04-09-2009, 07:05 AM

5,041 posts, read 6,231,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
Information on homosexuals and the incidence of AIDS can be found here:
PHYSICAL HEALTH RISKS
Yeah. I go to Geocities for medical and sexual information all the time.

Old 04-09-2009, 07:48 AM

479 posts, read 662,459 times
Moderator cut: comment you are referring to has been deleted
I am a successful married white male. I grew up in a poor setting and fought my way to the top, life is great!!! But only because I worked hard to get to where I am in life. Oppression, sure, I got tons of that simply because my mom was a single mom in a small town in the 1960's. We were bad people! I was a bastard and told that to my face many times. I wasn't invited to play with the "rich" kids but I didn't go around putting a "poor white kid" flag on my bicycle!

I am not a bigot, I believe in God and therefore believe that being gay is a sin. Moderator cut: personal attackyou preach acceptance but attack anyone who doesn't accept your agenda to promote your lifestyle. Why does anyone need to be aware of your presence? Are you trying to find a date? Recruiting? Nope, your self admitted goal is that your trying to **** off straight white males. Brilliant!!

Moderator cut: don't get too personal here

Quote:
Originally Posted by idahogie View Post
Are you part of any minority that has been discriminated against? Black, gay, female, anything? If you were, you might realize that history and culture in the US has been shaped primarily by straight white males, while people like you have been marginalized through oppression and theft. You might feel that celebrating your accomplishments, your culture, your history, your life, is a great value to you.

I live in the reddest part of one of the reddest states. I feel the need to announce my presence to the conservatives around me - just to shake them out of their stupor - just to make them aware that they are not the only ones here and that their assumptions about "how people are" need to be widened a bit. So we put a float in the parade. We have a Loving Day Celebration in the park. We promote concerts and movies.

That's what gays are doing - celebrating their lives and culture, and reminding idiots that they exist, and are proud. And I couldn't give a flying Moderator cut: language if it makes you or your bigoted friends uncomfortable. That's half the purpose, and I'm happy that it pisses you off. I hope that soon, you won't ever be able to go anywhere without seeing gays holding hands, smooching, marching, hanging out. I hope they are in the movies and on the radio. I hope you are extremely uncomfortable to the point of retching for the rest of your life.

Moderator cut: no personal attacks please

Last edited by katzenfreund; 04-09-2009 at 08:43 AM..

Old 04-09-2009, 07:51 AM

7,331 posts, read 15,432,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridgewalker View Post
Moderator cut: comment you are referring to has been deleted

I am a successful married white male. I grew up in a poor setting and fought my way to the top, life is great!!! But only because I worked hard to get to where I am in life. Oppression, sure, I got tons of that simply because my mom was a single mom in a small town in the 1960's. We were bad people! I was a bastard and told that to my face many times. I wasn't invited to play with the "rich" kids but I didn't go around putting a "poor white kid" flag on my bicycle!

I am not a bigot, I believe in God and therefore believe that being gay is a sin. Moderator cut: personal attackyou preach acceptance but attack anyone who doesn't accept your agenda to promote your lifestyle. Why does anyone need to be aware of your presence? Are you trying to find a date? Recruiting? Nope, your self admitted goal is that your trying to **** off straight white males. Brilliant!!

Moderator cut: don't get too personal here
It'd probably help your case if you ditched the deliberately inflammatory language.

Last edited by katzenfreund; 04-09-2009 at 08:46 AM..

Old 04-09-2009, 08:09 AM

10,503 posts, read 15,601,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
no actually, I weep for the future. A future wher liberals (who lack any kind of moral center) watch as The US goes up in flames because they decided that if only Bush were not in power, all the terrorists would join hands and sing kumbaya.
Way to keep it on topic ELO. Me thinks you're going down in flames, losing this battle so you had to switch it up a little.

Old 04-09-2009, 08:18 AM

15,153 posts, read 11,667,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
Way to keep it on topic ELO. Me thinks you're going down in flames, losing this battle so you had to switch it up a little.
I was just responding to a personal attack. Its a burden I have to carry since most libbies on CD resort to such things when they have lost an argument. You usually follow it up with either making fun at my screenname, or attacking my spelling.

Old 04-09-2009, 08:20 AM

10,503 posts, read 15,601,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
I was just responding to a personal attack. Its a burden I have to carry since most libbies on CD resort to such things when they have lost an argument. You usually follow it up with either making fun at my screenname, or attacking my spelling.
Yes ELO & you're a model of decorum

Old 04-09-2009, 08:24 AM

15,153 posts, read 11,667,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
Yes ELO & you're a model of decorum

Thanks, your sincerity is a boon to us all
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies