Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-09-2009, 12:08 PM

8,346 posts, read 7,057,704 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by yikesamillion View Post
You proclaim to not be religious but you are married anyway. Care to explain that? Marriage is a union of a man and woman that is promoted as a religious institution. You are already a sinner by not being faithful to God so why involve yourself in holy matrimony? That is being a hypocrite.
I'm married yet I'm not religious. There is such a thing as civil marriage, not to mention, Christians don't have a monopoly on the concept of marriage.

Why did I get married? For the tax benefits. Pure and simple. My wife and I agree: Marriages should be abolished, and civil unions should be applied to everyone. We don't need a certificate to prove we love each other, but we'll gladly take advantage of the tax benefits.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2009, 12:35 PM

479 posts, read 661,990 times
Your comment makes no sense, as I said before it's not a sin to be black...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramanboy33 View Post
You must really hate Martin Luther King Jr. day. What not rant about that? How about black history month?

Old 04-09-2009, 12:37 PM

Points for you for the answer...too bad the Idahogie wasn't able to respond in a similar manner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
A lot of gay people grew up feeling ashamed of who they are. Many are still socially isolated as adults. It's important for them to have events and places to go where they can relax a little and be themselves.

Why do religious groups have to have their special days at theme parks like Disney World? They want to be around people who share their background and their views of the world. It's not that different from gays having their own events from time to time.

Old 04-09-2009, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridgewalker View Post
And I've said it's arguable whether or not homosexuality is a sin.

Old 04-09-2009, 12:38 PM

Not according to my Saviour, Jesus Christ. What Church do you go to?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langlen View Post
And I've said it's arguable whether or not homosexuality is a sin.

Old 04-09-2009, 12:41 PM

10,655 posts, read 18,690,754 times
Quote:
That's great, then I would suggest you don't marry a man since it's against your religion.

But keep your nose out of other people's business.

Old 04-09-2009, 12:41 PM

Quote:
I don't go to church, but I have seen arguments that systematically disables any claim that Christians can make about homosexuality being a sin.

Old 04-09-2009, 12:55 PM

968 posts, read 1,041,631 times
Quote:
First: Homosexuality is not a sin

Second: My comment makes perfect sense. You expressed your disdain for gay pride parades and the such and said you didn't understand them.

We celebrate our history, who we our, and our struggle for civil rights in a similar manner to how other historically repressed minorities celebrate the same things.

Old 04-09-2009, 01:03 PM

Yeah, um, I wasn't responding to you...but thanks.

To respond to your post, why can't you understand why folks of my persuasion feel your lifestyle is a sin? You ask for understanding yet won't give it. That is a constant thread coming from your side!

My official postion, as taught by the bible, is to hate the sin but love the sinner. You all hate the Christian and according to folks like Idahogie go out of your way to rub your "gayness" in our face. Then you stand back and complain that people aren't understanding!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramanboy33 View Post
First: Homosexuality is not a sin

Second: My comment makes perfect sense. You expressed your disdain for gay pride parades and the such and said you didn't understand them.

We celebrate our history, who we our, and our struggle for civil rights in a similar manner to how other historically repressed minorities celebrate the same things.

Old 04-09-2009, 01:10 PM

1,300 posts, read 1,495,711 times
You can preach whatever you want. But the great this about America is that other people don't have to subscribe to your belief system.

~ButterBrownBiscuit~

Quote:
You're here spouting your views aren't you? I guess you think you should be able to tout tolerance while saying I can't preach "Mortal Sin"??? It's a two way street whether you like it or not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies