Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2009, 06:00 PM

4,586 posts, read 5,478,195 times

Advertisements

What's AID's?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2009, 06:51 PM

5,041 posts, read 6,216,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suprascooby22 View Post
When in Rev. Wrights lifetime has he experienced slavery of his people by whites?
Unofficial corporate slavery was going on in the 40s. It was discovered recently in Florida (although the enslaved were Hispanics).

Old 04-08-2009, 06:56 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,856,573 times
Rev. Wright goes beyond racist to actual hate . He is just like David Duke in this regard

Old 04-08-2009, 07:01 PM

5,041 posts, read 6,216,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
Rev. Wright goes beyond racist to actual hate . He is just like David Duke in this regard
Only to someone who doesn't think too well.

Old 04-08-2009, 07:17 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,048,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by idahogie View Post
Only to someone who doesn't think too well.
Or at all.

Old 04-09-2009, 12:39 PM

7,605 posts, read 4,845,391 times
Quote:
Proof of this or that the US govt created AID's would be greatly appreciated!
Have you read Dr. Horowitz's work [ The Origin of AIDS and HIV May Not Be What You Have Learned ] that Rev. Wright referenced at the National Press Club. I'm not inclined to believe the US government did it, but I fully understand why others might give it more credence.

Quote:
MODERATOR: In your sermon, you said the government lied about inventing the HIV virus as a means of genocide against people of color. So I ask you: Do you honestly believe your statement and those words?
WRIGHT: Have you read Horowitz's book, "Emerging Viruses: AIDS and Ebola," whoever wrote that question? Have you read "Medical Apartheid"? You've read it?
(UNKNOWN): Do you honestly believe that (OFF-MIKE)
WRIGHT: Oh, are you -- is that one of the reporters?
MODERATOR: No questions -
(CROSSTALK)
WRIGHT: No questions from the floor. I read different things. As I said to my members, if you haven't read things, then you can't -- based on this Tuskegee experiment and based on what has happened to Africans in this country, I believe our government is capable of doing anything.
In fact, in fact, in fact, one of the -- one of the responses to what Saddam Hussein had in terms of biological warfare was a non- question, because all we had to do was check the sales records. We sold him those biological weapons that he was using against his own people.
So any time a government can put together biological warfare to kill people, and then get angry when those people use what we sold them, yes, I believe we are capable.

Old 04-09-2009, 12:56 PM

7,605 posts, read 4,845,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProudCapMarine View Post
He hates whitie...
Because he hates "whitie" so much he made sure that Trinity United Church of Christ remained associated with the UCC for 36 years. Because that is where people who hate white people go, to a denomination primarily made up by white people. Seems like a naturally fit.

Not only is Trinity a member of the UCC, but they one of the largest, if not the largest, contributer to the support of the UCC and its missions. The polity of the denomination is such that they wouldn't have to provide a cent to the national denomination.

Old 04-09-2009, 01:35 PM

1,299 posts, read 2,270,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamSmyth View Post
Because he hates "whitie" so much he made sure that Trinity United Church of Christ remained associated with the UCC for 36 years. Because that is where people who hate white people go, to a denomination primarily made up by white people. Seems like a naturally fit.

Not only is Trinity a member of the UCC, but they one of the largest, if not the largest, contributer to the support of the UCC and its missions. The polity of the denomination is such that they wouldn't have to provide a cent to the national denomination.
Race baiters like Wright are a dime a dozen here in Atlanta. They make their whole careers out of vicitimizing their congregations and placing blame on anyone other than themselves. Wright can spew what ever non-sense he wants, I am just shocked that so many whites in this country defend him. Yet the same individuals wouldnt tolerate a white pastor saying the EXACT things directed at minorities. Call it white guilt or self loathing but I for one will not let anyone blame me for something that I havent done just because I am white! Sad that so many other whites have NO problem with it.

Old 04-09-2009, 01:37 PM

10,655 posts, read 18,663,385 times
Quote:
Race baiters like Wright are a dime a dozen here in Atlanta. They make their whole careers out of vicitimizing their congregations and placing blame on anyone other than themselves. Wright can spew what ever non-sense he wants, I am just shocked that so many whites in this country defend him. Yet the same individuals wouldnt tolerate a white pastor saying the EXACT things directed at minorities. Call it white guilt or self loathing but I for one will not let anyone blame me for something that I havent done just because I am white! Sad that so many other whites have NO problem with it.
What are your thoughts on the Tuskegee Experiment?

Can you maybe see why after something like that happened, something like that AIDS theory might be believable to African Americans?

Old 04-09-2009, 01:42 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,123,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by idahogie View Post
I've extended an invitation to the Rev. Wright to come speak in my town. I'd welcome him, and let him stay at my house if he desired. Seems like a fine person.

And there are two people on this thread that I wouldn't allow in my home.
From what i've read of your threads and the people you tend to agree with, Barney Frank and Rev. Wright in one house would be an act of war. So who's it going to be...your favorite homosexual finance queen or your favorite bigoted America hater.

Yep, liberals have to make hard choices too unfortunately.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies