Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2009, 09:29 PM

9,846 posts, read 22,679,821 times

Advertisements

Anyone that thinks fox news is contributing to gun violence is just as nutty as the losers responsible for the recent violence in Pittsburgh and Binghamton.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2009, 10:48 PM

2,553 posts, read 2,436,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukester View Post
So, in case you haven't noticed, people have lately been going around killing people, indiscriminately. Is this because Fox News is sending their hypnobeams into America's brainpan through the lunatic ravings of Glenn Beck and the Michele Bachmann-boosting tyranny pillow-talk of Sean Hannity?
It's amazing, Glenn Beck was on CNN-HLN for just short of 2 1/2 years. His listening audience was second only to Nancy Grace's. Since his web page is of course no longer on CNN, I used the Internet Archive "Wayback Machine" to look at what his CNN page used to look like. Here's a link to his CNN page from 1/14/2008 using the archive to view it:

Show Pages - Glenn Beck - CNN.com

Here's a direct quote from that page where under the title "About the Show", CNN describes his show:

"Glenn Beck" is an unconventional look at the news of the day featuring Beck's unique and often amusing perspective on top stories from world events and politics to pop culture and everyday hassles. Like Beck's radio program, the show will be centered on current events and the opinions of Beck, all delivered in Beck's humorous, self-deprecating style.

Interestingly, just as a side note, on that page it shows he had recently interviewed Pat Buchanan (there's a link for a video of the interview but, the archive usually doesn't save big files like that...I didn't try it...I'm sure it won't work though).

He considers himself conservative (but not republican) and a libertarian. His political views didn't change when he went to FOX. Until Beck's show started airing on FOX about three months ago, I never heard anyone mention his name in a conversation or on an Internet board/forum/blog. Although instead of people who watch FOX talking about his new show, it's the people who hate FOX talking about him in the same sentence and with the same contempt they hold towards Hannity and/or O'Reilly, when voicing their dislike for the network and conservatives/republicans in general. Some of the same people that were either watching him or didn't care about him when he was on CNN-HLN a few months back, now think of him like he's the enemy.

What's amazing to me is how a simple change in employment can make a person go from being someone who's unconventional, humorous and self-deprecating, with a unique and often amusing perspective on everything (CNN's words) to a raving lunatic that's influencing cop-killers and contributing to gun violence in America (Dukester's words).

Old 04-08-2009, 10:50 PM

380 posts, read 1,059,017 times
This guy, the Dukestar loves making comments such as this, ignore him.

Old 04-08-2009, 11:03 PM

4,459 posts, read 4,210,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpotater58 View Post
This guy, the Dukestar loves making comments such as this, ignore him.
Kind of has you frothing at the mouth eh?

Old 04-08-2009, 11:09 PM

2,661 posts, read 2,904,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danno3314 View Post
It's amazing, Glenn Beck was on CNN-HLN for just short of 2 1/2 years. His listening audience was second only to Nancy Grace's. Since his web page is of course no longer on CNN, I used the Internet Archive "Wayback Machine" to look at what his CNN page used to look like. Here's a link to his CNN page from 1/14/2008 using the archive to view it:

Show Pages - Glenn Beck - CNN.com

Here's a direct quote from that page where under the title "About the Show", CNN describes his show:

"Glenn Beck" is an unconventional look at the news of the day featuring Beck's unique and often amusing perspective on top stories from world events and politics to pop culture and everyday hassles. Like Beck's radio program, the show will be centered on current events and the opinions of Beck, all delivered in Beck's humorous, self-deprecating style.

Interestingly, just as a side note, on that page it shows he had recently interviewed Pat Buchanan (there's a link for a video of the interview but, the archive usually doesn't save big files like that...I didn't try it...I'm sure it won't work though).

He considers himself conservative (but not republican) and a libertarian. His political views didn't change when he went to FOX. Until Beck's show started airing on FOX about three months ago, I never heard anyone mention his name in a conversation or on an Internet board/forum/blog. Although instead of people who watch FOX talking about his new show, it's the people who hate FOX talking about him in the same sentence and with the same contempt they hold towards Hannity and/or O'Reilly, when voicing their dislike for the network and conservatives/republicans in general. Some of the same people that were either watching him or didn't care about him when he was on CNN-HLN a few months back, now think of him like he's the enemy.

What's amazing to me is how a simple change in employment can make a person go from being someone who's unconventional, humorous and self-deprecating, with a unique and often amusing perspective on everything (CNN's words) to a raving lunatic that's influencing cop-killers and contributing to gun violence in America (Dukester's words).
Beck seems much crazier these days, when compared to 6 months ago (comparing radio show to fox show).
Good money in crazy.

Old 04-08-2009, 11:21 PM

773 posts, read 1,215,434 times
Were people violent before the creation of Fox tv?

University of Toronto Professor Jonathan Freedman points out that Japanese television has some of the most violent imagery in the world, and yet Japan has a much lower murder rate than other countries, including Canada and the United States, which have comparatively less violence on TV.
http://www.media-awareness.ca/englis...a_violence.cfm

Old 04-08-2009, 11:31 PM

1,020 posts, read 2,755,182 times
Quote:
You off your med's again? You lost the election! There is a reason why you lost control of all three branches of government and if your too blind to see it then stand-bye for 2010 & 12. You really do have twisted logic, like most of your ilk do..
Interesting...I wasn't aware that conservatives lost control of the judiciary. Care to enlighten us on exactly when that occurred?

Old 04-08-2009, 11:37 PM

4,459 posts, read 4,210,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Widowmaker2k View Post
Interesting...I wasn't aware that conservatives lost control of the judiciary. Care to enlighten us on exactly when that occurred?
Damn, forgot the courts... However, that could change under the current administration you know that right?

Old 04-09-2009, 12:02 AM

1,030 posts, read 1,453,829 times
Quote:
You off your med's again? You lost the election! There is a reason why you lost control of all three branches of government and if your too blind to see it then stand-bye for 2010 & 12. You really do have twisted logic, like most of your ilk do..
Really, I thought there were 4 conservatives and 3 liberals on the bench.

Old 04-09-2009, 12:09 AM

15,154 posts, read 11,626,569 times
Hmm... I assume that the 4 cops murdered in Oakland has a direct correlation to Fox news somehow?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies